Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 days!)

SpitztheGreat posted:

did...did I just get kicked out of the discord????

i told you asmr is a ban

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/Team_Penske/status/1018315477397983232

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/1018323173148971014
Now, this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it loops back to what I said before: these are all long established drivers. Not young guns coming in and showing the old guard how to win but old drivers. That's the problem.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

iospace posted:

Now, this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it loops back to what I said before: these are all long established drivers. Not young guns coming in and showing the old guard how to win but old drivers. That's the problem.

Oh you mean the BIG THREE?!

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

iospace posted:

We were promised young drivers winning, and that's not happening.

Hell, even the mid-career guys like Logano, Keselowski and Stenhouse are getting their asses beat this year.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Boomer The Cannon posted:

We were promised young drivers winning, and that's not happening.

Hell, even the mid-career guys like Logano, Keselowski and Stenhouse are getting their asses beat this year.

I mean, of all the "Young Drivers" (and for the record, I'm going to count Larson in here), Larson has the most success. Chevy is utter dogshit this year though so I'm not entirely faulting him on that one.

Blaney and A. Dillon the only young drivers to have won in Cup and not pull a win out at a plate track.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
We're just that first win away from Suarezmania running wild all over the Monster Cup Series

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:siren: FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT WEDNESDAY IS ELDORA :siren:

:getin:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

maffew buildings posted:

We're just that first win away from Suarezmania running wild all over the Monster Cup Series

I wish. Him and Bubba are the two guys I want to see win the most.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Norns posted:

I wish. Him and Bubba are the two guys I want to see win the most.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO WISH BECAUSE IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

iospace posted:

I mean, of all the "Young Drivers" (and for the record, I'm going to count Larson in here), Larson has the most success. Chevy is utter dogshit this year though so I'm not entirely faulting him on that one.

Blaney and A. Dillon the only young drivers to have won in Cup and not pull a win out at a plate track.

For every win Larson gets, he or the team shoot themselves in the dick 3 times.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
NASCAR is live streaming a Charlotte roval test on their youtube channel starting now, if you really hate yourself

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

At least they were smart enough to disable chat.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Actual URL if you want to watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9IaHdgjKYM

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm very excited for this dumb race

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'm very excited for this dumb race

:same:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dear NASCAR,

Please watch an IndyCar livestream on how to do one.

Sincerely,
io.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Like, who's doing the best so far? What was that crazy things did A. Dillon have on his wheels just now? What about some twitter questions? Why did Jones spin? What are some driver thoughts on the track?

Come on!

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
We got to see the 24 crash hard into the turn 1 tires, and in the end isnt that what really matters?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CactusWeasle posted:

We got to see the 24 crash hard into the turn 1 tires, and in the end isnt that what really matters?

I missed it but good.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

CactusWeasle posted:

Yeah, but he drives the 9 now.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I watched the six run a few laps, thought "this will ne a crash fest" then got pissed off Eldora practice wasn't televised. Thanks, NASCAR

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, Xfinity isn't going to test on the roval config. They're going in blind.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Never realized how much the TdF looks like a plate race

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

iospace posted:

:yeshaha:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

shame on an IGA posted:

The original plate race, my friend.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

iospace posted:

Well, that sold me on it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlX31yxAK4w/

Erik Jones you god drat idiot.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Johnny Sauter will drive the 23 this weekend in New Hampshire. Our man Spence is still good, it just looked to be something the team had previously planned.

shame on an IGA posted:

It is, clear down to the jumping out of line in the last quarter mile or so to try and win the stage.

The whole tour is basically like a NASCAR season, really. Each stage has a winner and a Victory Lane and the time determining the overall winner is akin to the old point system.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

It's a view into the alternate universe that might've been if tandem drafting hadn't been strangled in the crib

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Eldora qualifying is live!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

iospace posted:

Eldora qualifying is live!

If anybody else is at the airport in Daytona and sees the vertically challenged grown man wailing while watching this, come say hi.

Also, this airport is cool for showing racing at the gate.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Heats starting here in about 10 minutes!

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Just had a crowd shot and the general admission sections are empty...

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Quantrill posted:

Just had a crowd shot and the general admission sections are empty...

I can't see the race- define "GA". The GA bleachers are right in the middle of 1 and 2 way off the track. The reserved stands are between there and the middle of 3 and 4.

...that said, somehow, attendance has been noticeably lighter then last couple of years.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

I just remember the grass sections in the turns being packed in the past years.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

My phone autocorrects Eldora to "selfies," NASCAR is dead

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Quantrill posted:

My dad is saying the same thing. I'm hoping I can avoid spoilers until tomorrow afternoon and that I can find a full version on YouTube, because the race itself is only about an hour and a half.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Quantrill posted:

Middle of the week, and this year has sucked balls. Hard to get people to come out.

Plus, iirc, last year was a massive dust fest like 10 laps in.

Also they don't televise the modifieds so gently caress nascar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

iwentdoodie posted:

Middle of the week, and this year has sucked balls. Hard to get people to come out.

Plus, iirc, last year was a massive dust fest like 10 laps in.

Also they don't televise the modifieds so gently caress nascar.

Fox needs to vent all that hot air somehow.