Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

CactusWeasle posted:

I guess it was worth a try :shrug:

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1029389698706366465

Don't you loving dare, Alo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Remember that one time Kimi Raikkonen ran a Truck race? No?

I had to remind myself.

Unrelated, p cool:

https://twitter.com/NASCAR_Xfinity/status/1029432502509887493

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It was 2 times wasn't it?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

loving do it Nando

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I want Nando to race everything. Buy a funny car and race that poo poo too.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

big nipples big life posted:

It was 2 times wasn't it?

One truck and one Xfinity race iirc.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I want Nando to race everything. Buy a funny car and race that poo poo too.

gently caress F/C fun Top Fuel!

edit: Also, Spencer's car is loving beautiful.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

CBJSprague24 posted:

Remember that one time Kimi Raikkonen ran a Truck race? No?

Perky Jerky!

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/JMorrisTV/status/1029500807425736706

:aaaaa:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Random crap seen on Twitter:

-2018 is Elliott Sadler's final full-time season.

-Front Row Motorsports is attempting to buy BK Racing.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sadler's never getting back into cup so that seat needs to go to someone with a chance of moving up, it's a good move.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Somewhere in LA, New York, Daytona, or Charlotte, Brian France excitedly perks up and falls off his couch in a drunken stupor at the news that NASCAR will be taking another stab at the mainstream through a lovely, canned reality show:

https://twitter.com/SamanthaBusch/status/1029773162282663940

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the one on the right is wearing the most white trash thing in existence.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

CBJSprague24 posted:

Random crap seen on Twitter:

-2018 is Elliott Sadler's final full-time season.

-Front Row Motorsports is attempting to buy BK Racing.

And so is GMS.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

the one on the right is wearing the most white trash thing in existence.

not even close

I guarantee you every single person in that photo is wearing Sperrys

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 15, 2018

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower

Sadler's never getting back into cup so that seat needs to go to someone with a chance of moving up, it's a good move.

My hope is Preece. I remember reading that JGR's Xfinity cars are full for next year, and Jr speaks very highly of his talent.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Preece is also rumored to be going to the 47 car in Cup.

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower
I saw that too. He denied it, but he probably has to until it's officially announced (if it's true).

SwampYankee fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Aug 15, 2018

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

SwampYankee posted:

My hope is Preece. I remember reading that JGR's Xfinity cars are full for next year, and Jr speaks very highly of his talent.

That would be both the good and funny choice so I agree.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Last I read GMS was a front runner to the BK thing.

Looking forward to some more JOHNNY SLAUGHTER hijinks in cup.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Kasey is hanging it up (in Cup):
https://twitter.com/kaseykahne/status/1030068665620811777?s=21

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

WoO for Kasey maybe?

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Kahne's career just seemed to fall off a cliff at some point. It's hard to believe the Kahne of 2004 or so ended up with no Cups

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

WoO for Kasey maybe?

Yeah I can easily see him owning a team and just running dirt tracks.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CactusWeasle posted:

Kahne's career just seemed to fall off a cliff at some point. It's hard to believe the Kahne of 2004 or so ended up with no Cups

most drivers have a peak period of a few years to a decade and then quickly drop off. you could point at guys like jimmie or harvick as counterpoints, but the vast majority of drivers aren't them. kahne's career trajectory is not so different from guys like jeff burton, bobby labonte, dale jr., etc.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

My thing is Kahne may have been yet another driver screwed over by the Chase format. You could argue Dale Jr got screwed, as did Gordon.

Kenseth was the big loser in that one.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

most drivers have a peak period of a few years to a decade and then quickly drop off. you could point at guys like jimmie or harvick as counterpoints, but the vast majority of drivers aren't them. kahne's career trajectory is not so different from guys like jeff burton, bobby labonte, dale jr., etc.

Kahne wasn't "elite" level, but he was a solid guy as the guys you listed at the end were. That said, even a guy like Smoke faded in the last few years of his career. There aren't many drivers who have been solid basically start to finish in their careers, aside from a few off years- Jimmie, Harvick, Kyle (to this point), Carl, and Gordon (whose "slump" came in the middle between 2008-10, but was still competitive and went on to have a title-worthy year in 2014) are the only examples I can think of off-hand. Dale Sr. could be another example before he got killed.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Counterpoint: gently caress Kasey Kahne, a hotshoe with the mental abilities of a rock.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

shame on an IGA posted:

not even close

And all their dads are lawyers.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
Not surprising Kahne would be on the way out. Getting into the 95 car isn't exactly a mark of a guy who would be on the upswing to land a top notch ride next year. It definitely didn't feel like this was a pit stop while he waited out a contract for a big team like Clint Bowyer waiting for the 14, or when Kahne put in a year at Red Bull before Hendrick. I really liked Kasey when he first came to Cup. He was fun to watch and he pulled out a handful of second place finishes that rookie season and it was fun to pull for him to win. Plus at that time I was losing Rusty as my favorite driver so it was time to find a new guy to root for. It's just too bad the team couldn't pull out a championship that one season where they won like 6 or 7 races.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Trucks are on network FOX tonight at 8 p.m.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

shame on an IGA posted:

not even close

I dont think white trash means what you think it does

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Unfortunately all of those assholes will likely go on to make poor decisions based on non-existent leadership for dozens of Fortune 500 companies.

God bless liberal arts and rich parents.

I'm going to try to stay up for the race tonight but some of us have lovely schedules like going to work before the sun comes up. :(

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

West coast best coast

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahaha John Hunter is loving CURSED

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

sportsgenius86 posted:

Hahahaha John Hunter is loving CURSED

Good

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

CBJSprague24 posted:

Somewhere in LA, New York, Daytona, or Charlotte, Brian France excitedly perks up and falls off his couch in a drunken stupor at the news that NASCAR will be taking another stab at the mainstream through a lovely, canned reality show:

https://twitter.com/SamanthaBusch/status/1029773162282663940

So by the title I assume people are going to somehow race wives? Road course, Oval, or dragstrip? Dirt track?

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Motorboats.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

all around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Who the hell is Blake Jones? Seriously, I've never heard of him and he has a ride in a cup race.