Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Lol I asked him where we were on hats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I like it. :shrug:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

It's pretty easy.

Now, if he'd stop buschwacking....

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

Could be a fun last 50 here

Man that deaf boy can't hear a spotter how this gonna work :(

The world will crush his tiny dreams soon enough, don't worry.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Jimmiebot needs a patch.

Jimmiebot went end of life, sorry 😔

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

I'd prefer Elliot wins before Harvick

I'd rather Shrub win every race forever before Elliott or Byron win even one.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Better than the 9. :shrug:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

:hawksin:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Keelan Harvick best Harvick

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

NASCAR still saying where the battery came from is a mystery. Hmm so confusing, did a fans battery end up on the track?

Presumably some Eagles fans got lost.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Kasey is hanging it up (in Cup):
https://twitter.com/kaseykahne/status/1030068665620811777?s=21

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

West coast best coast

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Evergreen post.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Crazy if true. But what if Mars just can't live without their villain driver?

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

the ideal nascar schedule would be the daytona 500 and then 35 races at the charlotte roval

Wicka is that you??????

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/AlexBowman88/status/1036012706124455938?s=19

I like Alex Bowman too much to remind him he didn't do poo poo in Xfinity against Buschwackers and made it to a quality Cup ride because he was in the right place at the right time.

He probably would have just blocked you anyway.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

He's a good looking dude.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

Suarez isn't having a great year but the dude can post solid results :/ Would suck if he has to move

Suarez has sponsorship attached. MTJ does not.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

But but... MUH HISTORY!!

:911:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

tater_salad posted:

Sorry but here in real 'merirca 8 or more cylinders is for racing. Them faggy little 6banger shits all them sissy European seriezs or wannbe European series without fenders use are for sissies and ladymen who can't handle the pure Power of 'merican muscle.

Language!

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Dudley posted:

He all but said "I don't give a poo poo anymore" in his "retirement" announcement.

So yeah this may be true or not but he's certainly not making any effort to run.

It looks to me like he's maybe really loving sick.
https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/1038094865349849089?s=21

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I feel for Kasey. I hope he finds happiness in his post NASCAR life.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

That's an interesting play. Take all the chud money so they can't spend it on commercials and buying off politicians.

It's just crazy enough to work.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

It'd be interesting to see, percentage wise, how NASCAR's decline compares to other sports, except I'm not sure that other sports has had the problem of third tier cable networks having most of the events.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Proud Christian Mom posted:

only the NHL is probably comparable in collapse but the circumstances are drastically different. the amazing thing about NASCAR hemorrhaging viewers is that they kept doing it despite the best efforts of every major outlet to keep it propped up

I don't know if I would call "moving things to FS1 and NBCSN" an effort to prop up the sport. If that were the case I'd say PlayStation, Sling, and DirecTV Now did more to help by putting those channels on an affordable plan. I just moved and to get a cable package with those channels would have cost me over $100/mo for just TV. My $40 DirecTV Now package is much more affordable.

I do think we're at square one until the racing sucks less though. Proposed solution: every track with two dates installs a roval for one race. Love to see that Bristol roval.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

That's terrible news and all, but does she really need to go to twitter to post that?! I mean how much attention does she need? It's a private matter; keep it that way.

Because pregnancy loss is horribly stigmatized and women who suffer these losses are treated like poo poo, to put it lightly "aren't you over this yet" etc, so it's actually a good thing to discuss pregnancy loss and babies born still. Yes, it's uncomfortable, but forcing women (and men also) to mourn entirely in private is pretty goddamned monstrous.

Show a little empathy.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

The start times for races were released and they all suck.

The Books-A-Million across from DIS is selling old race programs. I looked through them to try and see if they were reproductions but couldn't find any publishing information for anything short of the original release.

If they're not pricey and there's one you like it might be fun to pick one up, typically if it's a repro they mark it unless it's a straight up fake. If it has publishing info from the original run and the pages look normal and you don't see blurry printing, off kilter pages, or other signs it's from a scan you probably have the real McCoy- I would not be surprised if used booksellers in the Daytona area had piles of programs laying around. You might even do better if there's an independent used bookseller around there.

If you buy any, post pics!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

Hi,

Any goons attending the Chili Bowl?

Going on Wednesday and Saturday.

Just thought I'd pop in and ask. Hope ya'll are doing well.

Nice to see you Fuzzy! Have fun!