Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Oh boy the Kroger Cuck list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Drinking game, take a shot every time they talk about Danica Patrick's last race.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

WindyMan posted:

"Ha ha gently caress Kyle"

Good day for Kyle.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Also I find it funny that Kyle Busch just lost his 2nd tire of the day and they go to a Goodyear tire commercial...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

There it is... again.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Oh no Danica

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

shame on an IGA posted:

25 on the first two laps, 29 not out of the race

Only 14 able to stay in the lead pack.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Even pitting an extra time before the last yellow, Harvick was still able to pass the other 2 that tried to win on pit strategy.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SpitztheGreat posted:

This finish deserves to be remembered better:

1980 Southern 500

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_q9DiRK6tc

Ah, the times when Nascar was good. "Caution is out, but whoever gets to the line first will be the winner" not "Well we gotta see where everyone was at when the caution came out"

Also, the crew riding on the car at the end, that poo poo would never fly in 2018 Nascar.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Looks like another Keven Harvick show...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They did the same thing with JD McDuffie, except it was only lap 6 and they could have easily just postponed the race for a day...

It is good that we have safety barriers that actually provide some safety these days...

Also, the interview with the public relations guy is almost comical, the interviewer is less than a foot away from him....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YNsk4GjM2I

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

mischief posted:

It's been really obvious trying to play fantasy Nascar this year. There used to be a pretty solid delineation between A, B, and C groups... now it's like five drivers and "Ehhhhh..... I haven't used Jeffery Earnhardt yet..."

It's depressing.

lol, Jeffery Earnhardt... He hasn't wrecked out yet as far as I know. That's about the best you can say about his performances :smug:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

If only we still had segments in races like this. Now instead of benny parsons checking out local food joints we get Jeff Gordon driving the pace car around the track giving talking points on why the car is awesome.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CBJSprague24 posted:

There'll only be four to debate because know Gordon will be the fifth.

Did all the team owners nominate themselves?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Rain delays in Phoenix?

Also, doing a 1 mile shootout to end stage 2 after a red flag rain delay is an interesting decision on Nascars part, although nothing happened except for Kyle Busch winning stage 2.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I am curious if the 1 or 2 lap end of stage green is something Nascar actually wants to do when there is a late stage caution and they are able to get the green flag out for just 1 or 2 laps before the end of the stage?

Seems like a really good way to tear up some cars in the middle of the race.

Especially with the Xfinity today, they were red flagged and went 1 lap yellow, 1 lap green, end of stage 2 yellow.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea it is better. Whoever got me tbe red text must diagree.

I could see them doing a green white end of stage in the future. Would be a lot better than making them do the 1 yellow 1 green on cold tires that had been sitting for a 30 minute rain delay that they did today.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Part of me hopes this guy wins a race again, the other part of me thinks it'll be more likely he'll have a stroke in a race.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Harvick every week.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I enjoy that they busted Harvick for possibly cheating last week after dominating 2 races, then he just comes back and wins again anyway.

Losing 7 playoff points not going to matter much if you win every race :smug:

Jimmy John's gotta love having their "freaky fast" car win every week.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nascar makes all these rule changes to make races more exciting for viewers when all they really need is some drivers with some personality. Get some good rivalries going on the race tracks.

Also, the last 4 races haven't really done poo poo to try to introduce new drivers to the fans to make anyone really give a poo poo. Just Harvick and Busch brothers really.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Jeffrey Earnhardt's 00 Car seems to always end up multiple laps down with in the first 20-30 laps of the race...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea, "I'm gonna show you I don't like how you're racing, OOPS, I wrecked myself"

:bravo:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Every week, 1 car just dominates the field and makes for pretty boring racing :(

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I am curious why nobody seems to ever have a lap down teammate take a spin toward the end to bring out a caution and bunch everyone up again.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

von Manstein posted:

Well guess who 1990 Daytona 500 Winner Derrike Cope fired today!
https://twitter.com/StarcomRacing/status/975561609962840064

Who will be tbe back marker next week? He couldn't even stay ahead of Harvicks wrecked car today. lol

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

kidcoelacanth posted:

if you do that they add more people to the chase

Yea, but if you're running in 10th and your teammate is 30th, have them take a little spin, bring out the caution. And then you're in position to win the race.

Watching some of the old races, its fun seeing them directly talking about the race purse and what the drivers are actually racing for money wise.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Truck race cancelled for rain. Now Sunday is a double header - Monster Cup then Truck Racing.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Oh, it seems tomorrows action is all going to be on FS1. I do not have cable, is there a reliable streaming place anywhere for it? :(

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

drat, they are missing their chance to do some snow racing.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

WindyMan posted:

A top-flight league not having an entitlement sponsor isn't completely unprecedented. The English Premier League is one of the most popular soccer competitions in the world, and they turned down entitlement sponsorship to essentially become their own entitlement sponsor and put their brand out there as-is.

Of course, a lot of the individual clubs of the EPL are worth more than the whole of NASCAR. But go on, NASCAR! See how going solo works out for you.

How many sport leagues actually do have an entitlement sponsor? I mean it's not the Denny's Grand Slam Baseball League or the Hooters Football League. The major sport leagues in the US is just the MLB, NFL, & NBA.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CBJSprague24 posted:

That was a good-rear end NXS AND Bristol race with the first proper Bristol wrecks I've seen in years. I'm hoping New Old Bristol is to the point where it's a one groove track again.

Maybe the Cup series will do more than do parade laps in honor of Nascars upcoming death?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Think they have a few hundred people that came out to watch what will probably be part of a race...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They tried so hard to get 250 laps in to make the race official today. Some good racing was going on when they were running though. Hope they can do the last 300 laps tomorrow without rain.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea it was a very good race. Was nice to see a few of the rookies like Bubba Wallace getting some laps out in front.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

9 races into the season and Harvick and Busch already got 3 wins a piece...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

bigbillystyle posted:

It seems like the last few weeks there has been a lot of emphasis about tire safety and keeping them "at arms reach" while doing pit stops. I don't know why NASCAR is so hard up about this but then takes away a member of the over the wall crew. If you want fewer uncontrolled tires then let an extra man over the wall. Seems pretty simple. Most of the "uncontrolled" tires have been caused by 1 guy trying to secure 2 tires and I say "uncontrolled" because these wildly uncontrolled tires have been like rolling and inch out of the box or an inch out of "arms reach". Luckily those have been the only uncontrolled tires so far but it just seems silly to have safety be the reason they went down to 5 people and want less people on pit road but safety is also compromised when a tire is more likely to end up rolling out of the pit box and end up going off somebody's front bumper and becoming a projectile.

I'm pretty sure Nascar just wants to create some #drama on pit road.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

kidcoelacanth posted:

Xfinity worth watching today for the driver broadcast imo

"Ryan Blaney, feel free to look at the camera when we are talking to you"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TBH though, Nascar probably should look into doing Driver Only races more often. Using some rookie drivers, it puts their face and voices in front of the fans that would otherwise not know who they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Glad there was a tire blown and a yellow there. The leader running 25 seconds in front wasn't too exciting...