Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

If it's not a cologne or energy drink it loving well should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

CBJSprague24 posted:

e- Danica just said she saw the 10 on the pylon and thought they were fast, then remembered she's the 7. Laughing with, not at. :lol:

Looks like they fixed that little issue, she's now entirely non-suspiciously fastest.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I imagine after Waltrip, NAPA is just surprised that some teams are actually professional.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Are you really allowed to reverse halfway round the circuit like that?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The biggest thing about that video is how long you can watch before an official bothers to do anything.

About a minute after the crash one slowly ambles along the barrier like he's walking back to his car from Subway.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Elitist Bitch posted:

I think of that often. We lost Kenny Irwin and the King's grandson in a very short time and nothing. But we lose Senior and poo poo loving happens. I hate that we lost them, and I especially hate it that it took Dale dying for things to change. If HANS devices had been required years ago we could be celebrating the tail end of Adam's career now and Dale could be crotchety on Twitter.

Same with F1, do we think we'd have seen half those changes in the last 20 years if Ayrton's suspension had flown 2 feet further left and it was "only" Roland that died.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

If Pocono isn't "an oval" then neither are any of the tri-ovals.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

As a very foreign, very casual viewer of Nascar on and off for 25 years now, let me assure you Benny Parsons was a goddamn national treasure.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Nascar Europe in danger of having more entries than Cup

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-euro/news/nascar-euro-series-sets-entries-record-1015170/

Including one from Go Fas

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I have no idea what Liberty is, I'm presuming we're talking the college for people who couldn't get into Trump University.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Peanut President posted:

It's a school founded by Jerry Falwell, a television preacher. His hits are:

Starting up the Moral Majority and telling his viewers to vote Republican which offended even other televangelists
Calling Martin Luther King "dangerous"
Supported Apartheid
Invented the "Bill Clinton is a serial killer" conspiracy
Said America deserved 9/11 because of all the "pagans and feminists"

also I'm pretty sure Liberty was founded as a whites-only school and only allowed integration when the IRS revoked its tax-exempt status.

Oh wow.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

They use a shitload of tyres to be fair.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

How many sport leagues actually do have an entitlement sponsor? I mean it's not the Denny's Grand Slam Baseball League or the Hooters Football League. The major sport leagues in the US is just the MLB, NFL, & NBA.

The only "World" level motorsport I know of with one is the World Touring Car Cup, and that's only a car parts company rather than a household brand.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

exploded mummy posted:

that roughly translates to about 30 minutes and 4 minutes worth of ads over a 3 and a half hour broadcast

That's only green flag though, all the yellow flag commercials have to be added.

tater_salad posted:

Typical tv is ~8 min /30

And this is why I don't watch broadcast TV.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Always Eye-la in my experience.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

kidcoelacanth posted:

well, i bought this today

Don't sniff it too hard just in case.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

CBJSprague24 posted:

Random crap seen on Twitter:

-2018 is Elliott Sadler's final full-time season.

-Front Row Motorsports is attempting to buy BK Racing.

And so is GMS.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

There it is.

And the worst thing about Furniture Row is they’re based in Colorado, which may be good for quality of life but it makes changing teams a whole lot harder for the rank and file guys. From last year’s Dinner With Racers with Cole Pearn it seemed like a big positive for the team. Unless it goes under...

I wonder if there's the counterpoint that it does mean they can attract people that might not otherwise work in Nascar and hold onto them.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

CBJSprague24 posted:

Kasey Kahne will not run at Indy due to "extreme heat exhaustion".

https://twitter.com/LFR95/status/1037842181250338817

Is this like that time he ragequit the 9 car starting at Charlotte because of Carbon Monoxide poisoning but ran a 5k the next day?

He all but said "I don't give a poo poo anymore" in his "retirement" announcement.

So yeah this may be true or not but he's certainly not making any effort to run.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Eep.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

That stupid loving post was the first I've read of yours in years.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

There's always next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

It's vanishingly tiny even in the UK, where you'd think it might have a chance, this is a country where the BTCC gets 8 hours coverage on an FTA network every round.

The main game is on a fairly obscure subscription sports channel and tiers 2 and 3 are buried on an even more obscure free mostly internet network that I've previously only used to watch an Ice Hockey match between the Milton Keynes Lightning and the Coventry Blaze.

Which I think gives you an idea of their resources.

Let's go Lightning!