Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Lotta nerds itt.

Good race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
gently caress it, in as AJ's Adderall Prescription.

I'll forget about it after about Atlanta or so.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
I'm not thanking her for a drat thing until she gets naked.

I'm progressive that way.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Tyler posted:

There was already that one girl who was Miss Sprint Cup for a while, she was pretty hot. Can't remember her name though.

Paige Duke. She got like.... really super duper naked.... :stonklol:

Edit:

CBJSprague24 posted:

With all the talk of William Byron being an EA character come to life, Alex Bowman's story is pretty incredible itself when you stop and think about it.

I think they'll both be successful on track but neither one of them has a shred of personality. That's where NASCAR is really going to struggle, they're losing a lot of the real characters in the series and replacing them with young and well groomed sponsorbots that are incredible drivers but just suck in front of a camera.

Edit edit:

mischief fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 18, 2018

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

daslog posted:

Austin Dillon is to Earnhardt Sr as Dark Helmet is to Darth Vader

gently caress that race and gently caress your nerd comparisons.

I enjoyed every minute of it.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

My body is ready.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

If a cup driver enters an Xfinity race and does not win, Brian France dies.

Where do I sign up?

:ironicat:

mischief fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 20, 2018

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it'll be hilarious if Harvick walks over this season because all the other experienced drivers lost their rides for what seems to basically be cost cutting

It's been really obvious trying to play fantasy Nascar this year. There used to be a pretty solid delineation between A, B, and C groups... now it's like five drivers and "Ehhhhh..... I haven't used Jeffery Earnhardt yet..."

It's depressing.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

SpitztheGreat posted:

Guys, I'm going to Richmond for the April race. Where should I sit? I'm thinking the Commonwealth Tower would be awesome. See the whole track without ever having to turn your head!

At home. :v:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Part of me hopes this guy wins a race again, the other part of me thinks it'll be more likely he'll have a stroke in a race.

I hope he just roller skates into heaven...

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I like Kevin Harvick now.

Fight me :colbert:

Not a whole lot of folks on here are going to disagree. He's one of the last characters left in the sport and quite a driver to boot.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
I had the race on in the background today and I'm pretty sure that was the worst race I've ever seen in my life.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

iospace posted:

Give us the rundown as to why, please (other than Joey needing to gently caress off back to cup)

It sucked. The end.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
In the last stage Logano pitted basically against his crew chiefs wishes and restarted like 20 positions back.

He had a five second lead in I think 5 laps.

Even cup guy aside the race was garbage. There was literally nothing compelling about anything happening anywhere on the track. It looked like your normal commute to work on a big highway.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
JEFFREY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

gret posted:

is herbal snuff that big of a business to be sponsoring a Cup car?

Big enough for a few laps, any way.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/allegiant-air-60-minutes-defensive-2018-04-16/

Sounds like they're sharing crew members and engineers with the airline. :v:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
It's only fitting that he stole that car from a cripple.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
That would make pretty much no sense at all so it sounds pretty likely.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
First they came for the moonshine, and I did not speak out - Because I enjoy white liquor.
Then they came for Daytona, and I did not speak out - Because Florida would be best off at the bottom of the ocean.
Then they came for the Winstons, and I did not speak out - Because I smoked Marlboros.
Then they came for Dale, and I did not speak out - Because only a pussy cries at funerals.
Then they came for home improvement and I complained a lot - Because only a pissant actually enjoyed Jimmie Johnson being good.
Then they came for ARCA - And there was no one left to speak for stock car racing.

:911:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

If you could just beat it into these guys heads... hold your line. All the retards going three/four/five/all over behind them.

I really hope that NASCAR doesn't gently caress up ARCA any worse than ARCA already has. It's awful and retarded and hilarious but it's the last great big stage thing we've got left now that Trucks suck nuts.

It was a good finish.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Open request for all drivers from this point forward to leave their kids in the hauler.

A lot of us have kids. We didn't spray them with Gatorade. If you really want to get on the top 10 for Sportscenter, give your loving crew chief a hug. He at least did something.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Poor guy can't even blame sketchy workout supplements either.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

fuseshock posted:

Which is worse

They're due for a rematch.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

tater_salad posted:

edit.. WOW.. ~25% of the stands filled for Bristol.. that's just sad.

They've been giving away Bristol tickets here in NC for a few years at local grocery chains. Shot a big old golden goose with that track in general.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
No way this goes back green.

Clunt gon' wet fart it.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Screw that, scrape some of the paint off and smoke it.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Anyone been keeping up with the cancellations so far for today/tonight? Weather has been poo poo here in NC for a few days, I'd be surprised if they get that truck race in tonight.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
I just like that they came up with this totally silly package to try to eliminate that exact finish and welp....

It was fun, it was weird, but at the end of the day it was NASCAR.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Whoops.

quote:

Kevin Harvick, winner of five of 12 races this season and the pole-sitter for last year’s Coca-Cola 600, did not turn a qualifying lap when his No. 4 Stewart-Haas Racing Ford failed pre-qualifying inspection three times. His car chief, Robert Smith, has been ejected, Harvick will serve a 30-minute practice hold Saturday, and most notably, he will start Sunday’s race from the rear of the field.

NASCAR mentioned last week that they were going to crack the whip on some of the rear window shenanigans...

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
The 600 has been a dumpster fire for... poo poo... a decade now? It's one of the few races I actually recommend people don't attend in person. It's just not fun at all.

I got to see David Reutimann win one though, that was a thing.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Proud Christian Mom posted:

From a pure racing standpoint it used to be cool because once nighttime hit someone would check out but now it's Martin Truex leading 500 miles with everyone .5 sec behind

From a technology standpoint it used to be interesting too as the extra little dribble of mileage did really make a difference in engine and drive train longevity. Now a motor 'splodin is mostly an anomaly and the 600 is just lap after lap after lap after lap of the same poo poo. I love racing and I especially enjoy going to races. I am highly unlikely to attend another Coke 600 and the race track is about an hour away from my house.

And gently caress the All Star Race while we're at it. I've been to a bunch of those and they're almost always massive race fan blue balls. I don't think that race track ever really got it's zag back after Humpy left.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

The Kimoa Kid posted:

It’s amazing how we have three huge races on one day and two of them are so bad.

I'll be honest, I just hope nobody gets hurt at Indy. Qualification and practice has made that car look pretty sketchy.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Didn't he have some kind of mental breakdown running V8's the year after he left NASCAR?

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Pee pee. Poo Poo.

It was a bad race.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Mmmmmmm the delicious taste of victory robot cock.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

Please don't vapeshame tia

No matter what changes in society you'll always be horking cyber dong.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
It wasn't then it was pretty alright and then it wasn't again and then it was over.

But hey, Clint Bowyer. I guess that's okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Good finish, gently caress Matt Grafton.

Fixed that for you.