Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«135 »
Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

BlackIronHeart posted:

Yeah, I'd second that advice. Spending 30 minutes stripping a couple islands for resources and getting sunk feels worse than losing loot, for sure. My crew and I like to use storage crates as food transport for land based fights. Fighting Red Ruth (Or Graymarrow, or hell, Briggsy) burns through a ton of good food and we're glad to have brought it all with us instead of trying to source it from barrels on the island.

To add on to that, if you're gonna do the tornado event(new boss on an island shiz) you're probably gonna want to have a bunch of cooked food(food that gives you regen after you eat it) because, even solo, this new event is GOING to take like an hour, and you're gonna want good food to do it with.(I watched Pace22(sea of thieves twitch top broadcaster) do it fresh with a full galleon crew and it still took almost 30 minutes) The reward/vs time spent on these ashen wind bosses seems askew, I'm guessing it will get nerfed in one way or another soon. Something that absolutely takes a solo player an hour + to finish that is worth like 1/2 a skull fort's loot, despite the not-at-all that cool flame thrower effect for the skull, seems ripe for nerfdom. (You have to hold down the flame thrower for several seconds per section of boat in order to catch flame, and in PVP its next to useless especially underwater)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 1, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Yeah, I was happy with the loot we got from the Ashen Lord event but that's because my galleon crew ambushed a solo sloop who was on the boss wave so it took maybe 20 minutes for us to finish it up. No, I don't feel bad about that.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

the only cool thing about the flame skulls are that they whisper differently

i solo'd grimm out of boredom and after getting bored of dancing around the ammo box and killing adds i eventually went over to the ship and shot like literally 100 cannonballs at him which maybe did 50% of his health. the distance i was at seemed to be far enough to avoid the volcano attack

of all the ashen lord abilities, the shadow fog thing would have been the coolest to use for a skull powerup

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

add smokebombs and a faction that the lvl 5 emmissary flag hides your nametag, tia rare

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Thief posted:

i solo'd grimm out of boredom and after getting bored of dancing around the ammo box and killing adds i eventually went over to the ship and shot like literally 100 cannonballs at him which maybe did 50% of his health. the distance i was at seemed to be far enough to avoid the volcano attack

this is the approach my friend and i eventually took after dancing around that bullet sponge for like 20 minutes

Babe Magnet
Jun 1, 2008

also join the goon discord, you don't have to play with other goons even, it's just a nice little place you can ask for advice or see what people are up to in real time

Thief posted:

add smokebombs and a faction that the lvl 5 emmissary flag hides your nametag, tia rare

still waiting for my boarding axe to rip planks off of walls......

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Grimey Drawer

Thief posted:

Ninja faction would be rad and also we could settle the old pirate versus ninja debate

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I've got average self-esteem and a hoodie.

My friends talked me into getting this game, and even though we are still getting our *ahem* sea-legs, are having a pretty good time with it.

I did run into something annoying the other day while messing around solo. Couple of random dudes hopped onto my ship while we were at the same outpost, which would have freaked me out except I really didn't have anything to lose should they attack. Mostly they offered me advice and hosed around with instruments a bit. Anyway, when they left, one of them left some meat cooking on my stove, which I know will eventually start a fire if not removed. Except, I couldn't remove it... Is this a known troll tactic? Is there any way of stopping it from happening beyond keeping people off your ship?

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

glitchwraith posted:

My friends talked me into getting this game, and even though we are still getting our *ahem* sea-legs, are having a pretty good time with it.

I did run into something annoying the other day while messing around solo. Couple of random dudes hopped onto my ship while we were at the same outpost, which would have freaked me out except I really didn't have anything to lose should they attack. Mostly they offered me advice and hosed around with instruments a bit. Anyway, when they left, one of them left some meat cooking on my stove, which I know will eventually start a fire if not removed. Except, I couldn't remove it... Is this a known troll tactic? Is there any way of stopping it from happening beyond keeping people off your ship?

Fruit/meat/fish all take the same 5 max food inventory slots, so you can empty your food inventory at the food barrel next to you in the ship before you can pick up more. If you were empty idk maybe it was just bugged, if you had nothing to lose but still wanted to play I would've scuttled my ship and taken a mermaid to a fresh one. (in the menu, I think it's under crew options)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I've got average self-esteem and a hoodie.

Ah, yeah I probably had max food. Figured it was 50/50 chance I was doing something wrong. Thanks!

«135 »