Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

I am curious if anyone knows why it says the sloop wants straight sails in a header crosswind when the other two don't. You would think the same wind physics apply to all three sail sizes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
It's a game design decision, not one based in realism or physics.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Giggle Goose posted:

I'm confused by this chart. Wouldn't sailing into a straight headwind with your sails deployed as though you had a tail wind actively slow you down? Even if you only had one sail set?

Edit. Never mind I misread the chart.

Double Edit. Actually no, I'm still confused. Why wouldn't you angle your sails going into a direct headwind?

Yeah, you didn't misread it. It makes no loving sense, it's just a game thing, roll with it, best speed heading directly into wind for SoT is to square your sails against it, them's the rules!

In other news, you can now check out your stats, or some of them, online!

https://www.seaofthieves.com/profile/overview

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Giggle Goose posted:

I'm confused by this chart. Wouldn't sailing into a straight headwind with your sails deployed as though you had a tail wind actively slow you down? Even if you only had one sail set?

Edit. Never mind I misread the chart.

Double Edit. Actually no, I'm still confused. Why wouldn't you angle your sails going into a direct headwind?

Because it's a vidja game. Watch the source video if you care to.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Yes every open-world sailing game that refuses to let you travel into a headwind is unbearable for that reason. Wind is just a fun little mechanic to get you paying attention to the environment and give you something to do to manage the ship, which is exactly what it should be.

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009
Honestly its a great design decision. The sloop has the smallest crew but is the most forgiving on paying attention to sail positions. This really helps the solo player a lot. The hard part is for people that sail in real life to not follow their natural instincts. One of my friends really struggled with this for a while. Even he got over it and enjoys it. Realistic sailing is not enjoyable when there are so many other things to focus on.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Nosthula posted:

The hard part is for people that sail in real life to not follow their natural instincts.

Can confirm.

Nosthula posted:

Real sailing is not enjoyable

Shortened this one for you.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Twitch drops started today, flag and hull for the Ori set.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
To add on to the sail positioning point—constantly adjusting your sails to account for turns and changes in wind direction is incredibly important. My galleon crew constantly chases down brigs and sloops in disadvantageous wind situations because we keep up on the sails and they don’t

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
This happened today.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Master Twig posted:

This happened today.

if you harpoon the rear end you better be ready for the jaws

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

We killed two today (our first two!) by just dropping anchor and pounding the motherfuckers with cannon fire and sniper rifles. Who needs harpoons? We did both end up in the water at one point, so I got to see that onrushing maw as well. Terrifying. We also killed a kraken, and I hated it. (The Hunters Call only gave us 800 gold for cooked kraken meat, so they can eat a dick forever. They get fish and that's it).

Our poor little sloop went through so much today, it was just made of spare boards and duct tape by the end.
That was actually our second sloop of the day, though. Previous to that we encountered a brig at a Reaper's Bounty and offered to ally up and help them survive to turn it in, but they responded with cannon fire so we sunk those fucks. Idk how bad you have to be to get swiftly murdered by two newbie carebears, but they really shouldn't have been picking fights. That was our first real kill and it felt fuckin' great. :black101: We sunk them right on top of the Reaper wreck too, and when we got there there was a suspicious amount of treasure, several wrecks worth. While we were wondering why and I was fishing for that dead ship's emissary flag, the rock next to us exploded into hellfire and we also died. So now I know what volcanically active rocks look like! We did make it back there a few hours later, but I couldn't find our poo poo anymore (or that flag I wanted to claim). Does anyone know how long those things last?

After that, a day of monsters slain and shenanigans pulled in sloop #2 got us up to grade 5 OoS emissaries. We were cashing in as we went rather than hoarding, which kind of worked out well for us as a midpoint between safe mode and full risk/reward. As soon as we completed our first emissary quest, a galleon appeared as if from nowhere (we were watching this time), with the wind, pinned us between them and the island, boarded us with a keg, and broadsided us all at once. It was honestly beautiful, it happened so fast and we sunk almost instantly. Next time I'll make sure we're unanchored and pointing towards safety (you guys recommended this, but after a whole day of everyone we encountered being other pve dorks we got complacent), and I'll try to blunderbomb the ladder and/or kamikaze that keg guy if that's what keeps him out of our hold. Lessons learned! We still got our grade 5 commendation, bought the full set of emissary flags, and bunch of rep levels, and had a couple thousand gold left over.

Tl;dr: This game owns; double rewards weekend owns. I'll miss it when it's over.

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Sep 20, 2020

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
Some pubbie shot at me at an outpost, so I shot back at him and he immediately complained on voice. When I brought up "lmao you shot first so yeah" he replied back in babytalk so just for sassing me I spent like five minutes sailing around and blasting him. In his big dick moment I guess he figured he could take on a sloop with a brigantine, the problem being that he was literally the only person on it. It wasn't like I had anything on me anyway so I just spent ten minutes kiting him, he had such a boner for me that he wouldn't leave even though I could always fix up anything he hit me with faster than he could on his own ship. Most of the time I just stood on the back of my ship making 'whomp whaaaaa' noises over the megaphone and playing the accordion.

Eventually he got pissed off and scuttled his own ship, like a dipshit he hadn't even turned in any of his loot. He stayed in the water afterward to try and shoot at me but I didn't even care about salvaging anything, him being dumb enough to throw all his loot away was its own reward.

goty double loot weekend rules

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Loot floating in the water lasts about 15 minutes before sinking and despawning.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
That seems weird, not too long ago it was more like 5 minutes at best.

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
Yeah it was already gone, I stuck around a little bit longer just to kill his again if he showed up.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Unsinkabear posted:

We killed two today (our first two!) by just dropping anchor and pounding the motherfuckers with cannon fire and sniper rifles. Who needs harpoons? We did both end up in the water at one point, so I got to see that onrushing maw as well. Terrifying. We also killed a kraken, and I hated it. (The Hunters Call only gave us 800 gold for cooked kraken meat, so they can eat a dick forever. They get fish and that's it).

Sell your gems to the hunters call, way better than fish and now you can just eat the fish/monster meat.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Unsinkabear posted:

We did make it back there a few hours later, but I couldn't find our poo poo anymore (or that flag I wanted to claim). Does anyone know how long those things last?

Sinking ships is one thing, successfully retrieving and cashing in the loot is entirely another.

There are a whole lot of variables involved with getting and selling the loot.

1. Do you remember where the loot is/was? If you have time, note the location of where the ship sank (sometimes easy if it's right at the dock of an outpost or island). And easy way to mark it if you can is to have a crew member go into the water and mark the wreck, you can see their name tag. If things are hectic, you can mark the chart with a circle at your location when you sank them and use that mark for reference. Sometimes if you have been in a long open water fight you might not even remember where you WERE on the map if you get sunk and respawn elsewhere. If you take a mermaid back to your nearby ship the green smoke plume over the mermaid is usually visible for a short time right after you appear on your ship so that's good to note if you're unsure where the wreck/loot is.

2. Have you eliminated any surviving crew members or backspawns? If not, they can swim or row loot away if you leave for your ship, or potentially board you when you come for the loot and make a headache for you or even sink your ship. If the ship had a rowboat they can potentially load loot onto that and escape, a rowboat can be very hard to spot in big seas once they get a little distance away. If you sink a ship, if you had someone aboard when it sank it's not bad for that person to get in the water while the ship goes to the bottom to await both the loot and watch for "backspawn" enemy crew who often appear around their mermaid when it comes up with the loot. If you eliminate all survivors and backspawns then you have time to retrieve the loot. The Eye of Reach and Flintlock rule in these kind of fights because of their range and because pirates can't jump around in the water.

3. Did their ship respawn nearby and are they coming back for revenge? Or if you have items like their flag or a reaper chest that need to be turned in at Reaper's, might they or others set a trap for you at Reaper's, or try to intercept you on the way there? I've gotten revenge sinkings and been revenge sunk many a time.

edit - also, loot floating in water has a time that it floats (I think it's five minutes?) and then it sinks, and it usually lasts on the bottom for another five minutes or so. This also applies I believe to items like storage crates, so you can test it with a storage crate or a cheap chest. These timers can be "reset" if you pick up and let go of the loot, it will float and be "fresh" floating loot, this is called loot juggling if you pick up and let go of loot in the water or that is sinking to reset the float timer.

Zwabu fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 21, 2020

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Yeah the floating loot timer is 5 minutes I think. Though loot in shallow water or on land can last for literal hours, especially if someone is nearby.

Sekhmnet posted:

Sell your gems to the hunters call, way better than fish and now you can just eat the fish/monster meat.

And don't forget you can just buy a level roughly every month for GH/OoS/MA, Sea Dogs and Hunter's Call. Not for Reaper's Bones or Athena though.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
started playing over the weekend, did about four hours solo before some friends joined and we got a few merchant runs done and they got their sea legs.

this game is incredibly good. fighting to control the ship through a hurricane and then playing shanties together as the sky clears made for a profoundly beautiful moment. this game is just so joyful and keeps making me smile. (also it has easily the best water i've ever seen in any game).

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Sekhmnet posted:

Thanks for the tip! We're grinding Order of Souls hard right now because we want that purple skull figurehead to go with our kraken paint and sails, so they're getting all our mermaid gems. Let me know if that's a bad idea for some reason, and I'll keep Hunter's in mind for later. I'm not super in love with their ship set and we already fished our way to 10 and got the tankard and fishing pole. Is there any other benefit to leveling them?

Merijn posted:

Yeah the floating loot timer is 5 minutes I think. Though loot in shallow water or on land can last for literal hours, especially if someone is nearby.

And don't forget you can just buy a level roughly every month for GH/OoS/MA, Sea Dogs and Hunter's Call. Not for Reaper's Bones or Athena though.

We experienced this! My partner stashed a Chest of Sorrows after it sunk her on the way to pick me up from an island I was stranded at with some loot, supplies, and our harpoon rowboat, and we were able to go back for it quite a while later.

I saw the level-up tokens but they're kind of expensive, 150 doubloons a month if you're buying all five. I'll probably skip Hunter's and Sea Dogs until I at least earn their easy levels. Also, since it's a once-per-month thing I wanted to do it at the last minute and make sure I buy the latest level I can each time. Do they reset on the actual end of the calendar month, or on some other cycle?

Zwabu posted:

*Fantastic loot-grabbing tips I didn't even know to ask for*

Thanks for the tip on loot-juggling, I've been doing that unknowingly doing that on our megalodon kills by having one of us in the water gathering stuff up for easy harpooning while the other one brings the boat around. Will definitely use that tip of throwing someone in the water to mark the wreck with their nametag. We've definitely experienced not knowing where we were after a long open-water fight, that's why we didn't find that rock again until much later. Not sure what to do about that other than mark the map immediately in case of kraken/volcano/whatever.

Speaking of, are there any tips for dealing with that bullshit boiling volcano water that makes it useless against the ship fires that the volcano causes? Is there any way to get at reaper's chests or shipwrecks under those highly active rocks?

Re: underwater shootouts, I haven't had much luck with the blunderbus so I've already been running sword + sniper almost exclusively and trying to lean on blunderbombs to deal with boarders. Unfortunately there was (weirdly) no one left in the water after we sunk that brig, so I haven't gotten to try the underwater sniping fights that you mentioned yet. I have struggled to snipe sharks when they're on the move (eye of reach has the world's slowest ADS) and it makes me consider carrying a flintlock instead, but the lower damage and more dramatic projectile arc on that makes me struggle with it vs players (the bullet also seems to be slower, but I'm not certain). It's a tough choice!

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Unsinkabear posted:

Do they reset on the actual end of the calendar month, or on some other cycle?

They reset on the (roughly) monthly content update. Same for the 'ritual skull stash voyage' which, like the letters of recommendation, you can only buy once a month.

Unsinkabear posted:

Speaking of, are there any tips for dealing with that bullshit boiling volcano water that makes it useless against the ship fires that the volcano causes? Is there any way to get at reaper's chests or shipwrecks under those highly active rocks?

Volcanoes are always preceded by an earthquake. However, not all earthquakes in the Devil's Roar are followed by a volcanic eruption. :eng101: It's something like a 50/50 chance in my experience.
After the earthquake ends, and big rumbles start and smoke comes out of the volcano, you have exactly 20 seconds before it erupts and firey rocks will fall on your boat.

My usual strategy is to make my way to my ship when an earthquake starts, raise anchor and turn the ship, and then wait it out. It's not like you can even walk properly during an earthquake anyway.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Picked this up the other day, feels good to vibe on a dock fishing while I drink tea. Huge fan of the decision to skip the 1000 hours of "get +10 to dishwashing gloves before you can enter real combat." Sailing feels good, dicking around feels good, A+

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
It's a great game. Go on the goon discord channel. Always looking for crewmates to sail with.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
i've just got to figure out how to get everyone to sing shanties in sync with each other over in game voicechat

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Unsinkabear posted:

Thanks for the tip! We're grinding Order of Souls hard right now because we want that purple skull figurehead to go with our kraken paint and sails, so they're getting all our mermaid gems. Let me know if that's a bad idea for some reason, and I'll keep Hunter's in mind for later. I'm not super in love with their ship set and we already fished our way to 10 and got the tankard and fishing pole. Is there any other benefit to leveling them?

We experienced this! My partner stashed a Chest of Sorrows after it sunk her on the way to pick me up from an island I was stranded at with some loot, supplies, and our harpoon rowboat, and we were able to go back for it quite a while later.

I saw the level-up tokens but they're kind of expensive, 150 doubloons a month if you're buying all five. I'll probably skip Hunter's and Sea Dogs until I at least earn their easy levels. Also, since it's a once-per-month thing I wanted to do it at the last minute and make sure I buy the latest level I can each time. Do they reset on the actual end of the calendar month, or on some other cycle?

Thanks for the tip on loot-juggling, I've been doing that unknowingly doing that on our megalodon kills by having one of us in the water gathering stuff up for easy harpooning while the other one brings the boat around. Will definitely use that tip of throwing someone in the water to mark the wreck with their nametag. We've definitely experienced not knowing where we were after a long open-water fight, that's why we didn't find that rock again until much later. Not sure what to do about that other than mark the map immediately in case of kraken/volcano/whatever.

Re: underwater shootouts, I haven't had much luck with the blunderbus so I've already been running sword + sniper almost exclusively and trying to lean on blunderbombs to deal with boarders. Unfortunately there was (weirdly) no one left in the water after we sunk that brig, so I haven't gotten to try the underwater sniping fights that you mentioned yet. I have struggled to snipe sharks when they're on the move (eye of reach has the world's slowest ADS) and it makes me consider carrying a flintlock instead, but the lower damage and more dramatic projectile arc on that makes me struggle with it vs players (the bullet also seems to be slower, but I'm not certain). It's a tough choice!

Doing the OOS fleet missions/flameheart event with an OOS emissary flag up should get you to 75 pretty quick so long as you're turning in once your flag hits level 5. Also doing OOS missions out in the Devil's Roar is good, the missions out there are already 1.5x gold/rep and add emissary to that and its worth the volcano risk. Also the geysers make quick work of the skeletons, even the captains. The level 50 Hunter's cannons are stubby(shorter), so they're really good for aiming and getting into for cannoning yourself.

Boiling water should still put out fires, it just hurts you a little to go get some if you're grabbing it from the bottom deck of your ship. Otherwise you would be using the water bucket on the ship to get water, right? Volcanoes last for ~5 minutes or so, and the Devil's Roar isn't usually populated so there shouldn't be much of a rush to get to the shipwreck.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VohvlYblr4

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Merijn posted:

They reset on the (roughly) monthly content update. Same for the 'ritual skull stash voyage' which, like the letters of recommendation, you can only buy once a month.

Volcanoes are always preceded by an earthquake. However, not all earthquakes in the Devil's Roar are followed by a volcanic eruption. :eng101: It's something like a 50/50 chance in my experience.
After the earthquake ends, and big rumbles start and smoke comes out of the volcano, you have exactly 20 seconds before it erupts and firey rocks will fall on your boat.

My usual strategy is to make my way to my ship when an earthquake starts, raise anchor and turn the ship, and then wait it out. It's not like you can even walk properly during an earthquake anyway.

Thanks for this! Will definitely follow that strat. Any idea when the next "monthly" content update is coming? I did a quick Google and didn't see any news or dates.

Sekhmnet posted:

Doing the OOS fleet missions/flameheart event with an OOS emissary flag up should get you to 75 pretty quick so long as you're turning in once your flag hits level 5. Also doing OOS missions out in the Devil's Roar is good, the missions out there are already 1.5x gold/rep and add emissary to that and its worth the volcano risk.

Definitely sold on Devil's Roar, it's a fun challenge and I want that 50% bonus. We made some friends and ran a Fort of the Damned on Monday, and actually managed to run off potential thieves and turn in our Stronghold Skulls with a grade 5 OoS bonus. The stuff we had been doing for gold until now (looting shipwrecks and fighting megalodons) suddenly seems a little less exciting and a lot less profitable.

Re: the part about getting to 75 by fleet missions, does turning in the level 5 flag make a big difference in your emissary progress (so far we've always been killed before calling it a day and taking it down), or did you just mean waiting until level 5 to turn in the fleet skulls? Our survival track record makes that risky, so we've been turning in as we go so far.

Sekhmnet posted:

Boiling water should still put out fires, it just hurts you a little to go get some if you're grabbing it from the bottom deck of your ship. Otherwise you would be using the water bucket on the ship to get water, right? Volcanoes last for ~5 minutes or so, and the Devil's Roar isn't usually populated so there shouldn't be much of a rush to get to the shipwreck.

Thanks for the clarification on this, too. It definitely felt like the boiling water wasn't working (we were grabbing it from below deck), but we were probably just panicking and missing the throws because we had no idea what was going on. There wasn't any rush from others to find their/our shipwreck, we just couldn't find the drat thing again because the reaper's bounty despawned right after we did, and we hadn't seen a need to put another mark our map. I'll try to remember to do that

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
People were saying that this game doesn't have a lot of content but I'm twenty hours in and I've only done one tall tale and haven't even taken missions from every faction yet. Seems like there is actually a shitload to do.
Also, the real pro strat for ending a sessions is giving your ship a viking funeral while the crew is drunk off their rear end playing "Becalmed" super out of tune"

punishedkissinger fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Sep 23, 2020

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

There's an insane amount of content in this game, even though it launched very bare bones in 2018. I usually sail with a good friend on fridays, since I convinced him to pick up the game in a sale about 6 months ago. I've kept a list of things to show him so he can do something different every week. We've still not done everything on that list. :D

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
:dance:

punishedkissinger fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Sep 23, 2020

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

punishedkissinger posted:

People were saying that this game doesn't have a lot of content but I'm twenty hours in and I've only done one tall tale and haven't even taken missions from every faction yet. Seems like there is actually a shitload to do.
Also, the real pro strat for ending a sessions is giving your ship a viking funeral while the crew is drunk off their rear end playing "Becalmed" super out of tune"

I'm 30 something hours in and I haven't even done a tall tale.

I realistically have two complaints

1. I don't like PVP in anything, to the extent that if I find myself in PVP in sea of thieves I tend to just go do dishes or pick up a book until things calm down, and there's no real way to opt out.
2. Getting basically anything done is several hours. I still like Warframe at nearly 3000 hours and a lot of that is because it's easy to hop on and do 10 minutes of Warframe and have a good experience. In SOT basically everything takes a very long time, which is neat and all but my schedule in life is pretty chopped up, having more than 2 hours in a row to do any one tasks without having to halt for half an hour to do something else isn't guaranteed to happen.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Unsinkabear posted:

Re: the part about getting to 75 by fleet missions, does turning in the level 5 flag make a big difference in your emissary progress (so far we've always been killed before calling it a day and taking it down), or did you just mean waiting until level 5 to turn in the fleet skulls? Our survival track record makes that risky, so we've been turning in as we go so far.

Wait to turn in skulls until your flag is level 5, and lowering a level 5 flag is also a big chunk of rep as well. Being out in the roar should help your survivability because other ships being out there is less likely.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Sekhmnet posted:

Wait to turn in skulls until your flag is level 5, and lowering a level 5 flag is also a big chunk of rep as well. Being out in the roar should help your survivability because other ships being out there is less likely.

Alright, I'll at least give it a whirl. When you do this, do you ever bother with the emissary quests you get from Grade 5, or do you just cash in your fleet skulls then turn in the flag? Those emissary quests are one of the ways we've died before turning in the flag, the skeleton hunts on islands leave us open to pvp hounds who (wrongly, lol) assume grade 5 means we're loaded with treasure.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tulip posted:

1. I don't like PVP in anything, to the extent that if I find myself in PVP in sea of thieves I tend to just go do dishes or pick up a book until things calm down, and there's no real way to opt out.
When you get killed, go to the paper to the right of the ferry of the dead's exit, ask to change servers, then vote to scuttle and there you go.

Of course you might pick up attackers in the next server.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Unsinkabear posted:

Alright, I'll at least give it a whirl. When you do this, do you ever bother with the emissary quests you get from Grade 5, or do you just cash in your fleet skulls then turn in the flag? Those emissary quests are one of the ways we've died before turning in the flag, the skeleton hunts on islands leave us open to pvp hounds who (wrongly, lol) assume grade 5 means we're loaded with treasure.

You grab the emissary quests, lower the flag, raise the flag and hope that the emissarys get you to or at least close to level 5 again.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

punishedkissinger posted:

This is 100% correct. However, I'll also accept Bosun BIll as a suitably jaunty shanty to send your ship off to.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Tulip posted:

So much this. I love this game but this is the reason I download it every once in a while, play a couple of days and then just let it go. I just want to chill and do some fake sailing without being bothered.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

I'm surprised there's goons in here that dislike the PVP aspect of the game as much as I do. Over on reddit they're basically all bloodthirsty tryhards, and you get boo'd out if you admit you prefer PVE.

That being said, there's groups that organize server takeovers and just all agree not to fight each other. Everyone is in the alliance. It's not the 'chill and sail' you're looking for exactly, but it's a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

I loving love finding myself in an alliance server. That's prime territory for some real skullduggery.

I enjoy the puzzle aspects of the PVE content, and some of the lore even, but this is a PVP game. Anyone thinking they can just ignore that part of the game is in for a rough time.