Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

"we had just finished fighting two hundred skeletons with piss poor combat and some players ruined it by getting into a multi-player naval fight with us"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

nopantsjack posted:

"we had just finished fighting two hundred skeletons with piss poor combat and some players ruined it by getting into a multi-player naval fight with us"

they're obviously on the wrong side of history here

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
So Rare posted a fake news thing called the Pirate Times, contains some hints at things to come:

quote:

Warning to All Swimmers!

Several sailors have asked the Pirate Times to issue a warning of shark attacks on the rise. Nowhere seems safe from this increase in toothy terror, with pirates from the Wilds to the Ancient Isles reporting unusually numerous marine maulings – as if “something’s stirring ’em up”, to quote one superstitious old sea dog. On the bright side, sales of peg legs have doubled. Watch your toes, pirates!

quote:

Perfidious Pirate Plunders Poultry

The Merchant Alliance requests that all seafarers of good character be on the lookout for a thief who is taking unattended livestock from outposts around the Sea of Thieves. He’s described as a bald, bearded man with an eyepatch and extensive tattoos. Footprints found in the sand at each scene seem to suggest that either he has two wooden legs or his shoes are way, way too small.

Pictured: alleged chicken pilferer whose whereabouts remain unknown

So we have 1) shark attacks on the rise, something is stirring them up and 2) the guy in the trailer has been stealing livestock, particularly chickens.

Maybe the sacrifice you need is chickens?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I just got the chance to play this game for the first time last night with a full four stack of friends so I figured I’d throw in my insanely lukewarm take on the game. Tldr I think it sucks rear end so if that’s all you care about feel free to stop reading here

When I first started playing, I was actually real impressed with the game. Frankly, even after playing, I’m still kind of impressed because it’s a dope rear end pirate simulator. I didn’t have a ton of time to play so my friends and I mostly sailed around collecting a few chests from empty islands, which was still pretty sweet as I had to get used to actually sailing the ship and all. The presentation of the game is really nice, frantically running around trying to handle sails and stuff is neat and the whole thing felt like the system had a bit of depth to be mastered if you cared to put in the time to do so. After a while of doing that we tackled a fort that had apparently been sitting there for like an hour, sunk a ship, almost got sank in return, managed to strike a deal with the other dudes there who had apparently been defending the fort for like an hour only to have them yoink the valuable loot and sail into the sunset. All in all a pretty decent night despite not getting as much loot as we could have, to be fair.

My issue with the game is that after a few hours I honestly could not tell you what the gently caress the point was of any of this. It’s not that it was boring, although I could see it getting old if I kept playing for a couple weeks, I just don’t understand what the point of playing is. It’s like a sandbox with even less direction than minecraft when it launched out of beta. Is PvE supposed to be the draw? Then why are the rewards for doing so nothing but cosmetic items with no major sense of progression? Is PvP supposed to hook me? Then why is there no system related to doing so outside of hoping the other group has some poo poo for me to steal? Is the PvE stuff just a means to funnel players into the world where they can run across each other for spontaneous cooperation or PvP? Then why does it take so long to run into other players? PvP is one of the high points of the game but the only real goals the game has in cosmetics and getting to pirate legend or whatever explicitly encourage interacting with other players as little as possible.

One of my friends is really into the whole pirate game aesthetic and it’s cool that this game works for him but my initial impression was really just not great :(

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Also the actual sword/gun combat is basic as all hell and feels like it was stripped from the late 2000s. Not that that’s terrible or anything, it works serviceably for what it is it’s just bland as gently caress

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
I don't think it's fair to say the game has less direction than Minecraft out of beta, because Minecraft used to (no idea if this still applies I've not played in years) have no defined purpose from the game. Sure you can build a dope castle, but why would you do that? Technically you could argue the point of Minecraft is to kill the ender dragon (spoilers I guess) but I've never done it and I don't think anyone I know has.

I think the major difference isn't the lack of direction from the game but the lack of tools for you to use to interact with the world and others.

I mean if you think about it the only ways you can interact with other players is to kill them or to help them. There's no real goal you can set yourself in a tangible sense other than "become pirate legend" because you're lacking viability of things like ships sunk, pirates killed, etc etc

In minecraft though it started with very basic actions you could do, far more basic that SoT really as it boils down to "kill thing", "dig thing", the or "place thing", but those actions allow the player to shape the world permenantly.

Its the same with poo poo like Rust or whatever. There's no real goal, but you set your own goals because you can shape the world.

Not really sure what the answer is to be honest, allowing players to shape the instance they are in doesn't seem permenant enough. I think their idea of pirate legend being more than just a grind is a good idea, but they have sort of failed to really make it more than that.

Really they needed a system where the community chooses to make you a legend. People see you do cool poo poo or are your victim or whatever and you can become a legend because people say you are, not because you sold enough chests or whatever.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Also for a change of tone from the usual sea of thieves forum anti PvP whiners, I instead have today brought you someone who is clearly a total bad rear end:

Absolute Total Badass Dad (honest) posted:

Unfortunately OPSEC takes precedence over immersion.
It's a PvP game. Or a game with heavy PvP elements. I play it as a straight PvP and really have no interest talking with other crews.

The only time I do use game chat is when my daughter plays. Then she wants to make friends with everyone. So... We roll a sloop and chase people down being careful to maneuver away from broadsides and repel boarders/bombers. I am very good at maneuvering ships and anticipating enemy actions so I have no problem chasing and harassing other players until they finally give in to my daughter's "I just want to make friends and dance!" pleas. Quite funny actually. Kid, I could have sunk this guy 20 times already. "Dad, no! These are my FRIENDS!"

Even funnier is once she's friends with another crew, she has no problem becoming a bloodthirsty pirate. Can't roll hard with dear old dad. Nope. These random folks though? lmao oy

So as a mini fleet we'll go team up on people and sink them mercilessly if we can find them. Cleared a few forts too and they always give her the stronghold skull.

Playing SoT with my daughter alone shows intership communication can be done, if you can juke the initial hostility long enough and skillfully enough to make them realize fighting you isn't worth their time or resources.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Kitchner posted:

Also for a change of tone from the usual sea of thieves forum anti PvP whiners, I instead have today brought you someone who is clearly a total bad rear end:

I cannot wait until my daughter is old enough to play video games with me. That dad owns. :allears:

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Siets posted:

I cannot wait until my daughter is old enough to play video games with me. That dad owns. :allears:

Not sure I'd want to play many video games with my kids, it's always been a space away from parents, but my dad did used to do the hard sonic the hedgehog levels with me.

That said going to VR with your son is probably going to be tomorrow's equivalent of taking them to play a sport where you stand on the sidelines shouting "good job son!" as he racks up a x45 score multiplier by beheading zombie Hitler with a backhand stroke of his lightsabre.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Kitchner posted:

I don't think it's fair to say the game has less direction than Minecraft out of beta, because Minecraft used to (no idea if this still applies I've not played in years) have no defined purpose from the game. Sure you can build a dope castle, but why would you do that? Technically you could argue the point of Minecraft is to kill the ender dragon (spoilers I guess) but I've never done it and I don't think anyone I know has.

I think the major difference isn't the lack of direction from the game but the lack of tools for you to use to interact with the world and others.

The lack of tools IS what I mean by the game having less direction than Minecraft from back then though.

The (incredibly basic) goals you have in Minecraft came about naturally from things like not wanting to starve to death or not wanting to get killed by enemies. Doing stuff like crafting progressively better tools/armor or building a base or farm are fairly natural things to do because they make reaching those vague goals easier. I spent the whole time last night having fun but actually investing time and getting good felt like your example of building a dope castle in Minecraft: what’s the point?

I never played any of the other games this frequently gets compared to but to me the game feels like GTAV online but like, made by someone who barely skimmed the cliffs notes of those design docs. It loving nails the “squad game” feel but until there’s like actual reasons to engage with the game I think I’m out. I can see how people like the game but there’s too little hook for me.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
I had a great end to an otherwise lovely run last night (we had 13 chests on a gold hoarders quest, and ended up with 11 seafarers, 1 castaway, and 1 marauder). Near the end of the night, our crew passes another galleon. Two of my friends say "hey, we've got this -- just keep sailing" and they fired themselves out of the cannons onto the dock of the passing ship, where they shouted ahoy and then started playing instruments. The other crew joined in and started playing too (Mistake #1), and my friends went hopping around their ship playing shanties as a group.

Right up until they found where the unfortunate crew had stashed their gunpowder below deck (Mistake #2). Then they both switched to guns and blew them up, sending the boat, themselves, and the entire welcoming musical crew straight to hell. :lol:

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.
It’s weird to me that people need “rewards” to have fun with a game (xp, loot) instead of just... you know... playing for fun. Although I’m probably the weird one for thinking that way ever since COD4 changed the landscape.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Barent posted:

It’s weird to me that people need “rewards” to have fun with a game (xp, loot) instead of just... you know... playing for fun. Although I’m probably the weird one for thinking that way ever since COD4 changed the landscape.

I think the issue is that the loot is a half-assed substitute for an otherwise really sub-par experience much of the time. There are weekend nights when we'll play for two hours and literally not see a single ship. "Emergent gameplay" doesn't work when there's nothing to emerge from.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Sundae posted:

I think the issue is that the loot is a half-assed substitute for an otherwise really sub-par experience much of the time. There are weekend nights when we'll play for two hours and literally not see a single ship. "Emergent gameplay" doesn't work when there's nothing to emerge from.

I honestly have to say since they fixed the bug on migrating servers I've never sailed for two hours and not seen another ship. I've sailed for two hours and only seen the same couple of sloops which we stop chasing because we know we just sank them and took their stuff, but literally not seeing anyone at all for two hours is just something I've not experienced since the bug fix.

On progression I don't buy into the argument that you need to have a way to get better (mechanically speaking) items and ships in order for the game to have content. What I think they are lacking is enough activity specific clothing sets and conflict drivers to really achieve what they are saying their vision is right now.

Basically what the game needs in my view is:

A) More cosmetics tied to things that people can do examples: clothing set for having killed lots of players with the cutlass, pistol, blunderbuss, eye of reach. Clothing set for having turned in a very high number of chests (one for each commendation). Clothing set for visiting a very high number of islands. Clothing set for having sailed a very long distance. Clothing set for having sank a lot of shios on a galleon, on a sloop. Clothing set for completing a high number of skeleton forts. Most these things we already know are tracked, and if they looked awesome some people would use this as something to work towards if it was genuinely difficult to achieve and therefore rare.

B) More things that act as a temporary focal point and draw in players to force interaction. Skeleton forts are great at doing this, it's possible that people sail from all corners of the map to converge on the Fort. Originally the kraken was described as basically being a floating skull Fort in the sense its clear where its going to appear and you can head towards it or not, now it's just random. We need more stuff that draws players in and gives them cool poo poo for fighting over it.

C) Some sort of way for the community to pick pirate legends. Pitching the idea that you can become a famous pirate legend for doing things that make you famous in the community but then tying actual pirate legend status to achieving some levels thanks to a grind was a bad idea in hindsight i think. I feel maybe that grind should have been something else, and that they should have figured out a way for the community to vote for a new pirate legend once a month or something. I'll be honest not thought this through entirely but I think just saying "well you get the title and clothes from grind but you can be a sort of legend for anything!" doesn't really send the right message.

Kitchner fucked around with this message at 08:31 on May 22, 2018

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Maintenance is over but no patch notes. Apprently they are making some "final changes" to the patch before releasing it later in the week.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

orange juche posted:

Oh dear lord yes, also more sea-cop RP opportunities.

Install virtual audio cable and link the virtual output to your mic http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm (not free)

Then roll up on someone while blasting the cops theme over speaker horn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUjUz_QEh48

There is only one answer for raiding music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th4Czv1j3F8

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Barent posted:

I blame WoW for infecting everything with loot grinding.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
How weird that people expect loot rewards in this here pirate game

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Kitchner posted:

I honestly have to say since they fixed the bug on migrating servers I've never sailed for two hours and not seen another ship. I've sailed for two hours and only seen the same couple of sloops which we stop chasing because we know we just sank them and took their stuff, but literally not seeing anyone at all for two hours is just something I've not experienced since the bug fix.

I wish I could say the same. I played just last night with a four-man galleon crew, completed two five-map hoarder quests and then settled a completely uncontested skull island. We never saw a single boat. :(

quote:

B) More things that act as a temporary focal point and draw in players to force interaction. Skeleton forts are great at doing this, it's possible that people sail from all corners of the map to converge on the Fort. Originally the kraken was described as basically being a floating skull Fort in the sense its clear where its going to appear and you can head towards it or not, now it's just random. We need more stuff that draws players in and gives them cool poo poo for fighting over it.

I absolutely agree with this, though I'll add the anecdote that I've only been contested at skull islands maybe 3-5 times out of somewhere in the 15-20ish we've gone for. Usually nobody else showing up to make it interesting, so it's just free loot (and skeletons). If nobody comes to the things that already exist to force player interaction, will adding more things really have an impact? Maybe it's my time zone? If I play, it's usually somewhere between 9-11PM PST. Maybe everyone else is in the US servers is in bed already?

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

avast where be the looty

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Sundae posted:

I absolutely agree with this, though I'll add the anecdote that I've only been contested at skull islands maybe 3-5 times out of somewhere in the 15-20ish we've gone for. Usually nobody else showing up to make it interesting, so it's just free loot (and skeletons). If nobody comes to the things that already exist to force player interaction, will adding more things really have an impact? Maybe it's my time zone? If I play, it's usually somewhere between 9-11PM PST. Maybe everyone else is in the US servers is in bed already?

I've seen this too and I start around midnight PST. Some days there'll be two, maybe three, other ships on the server and other days we'll simply never see anyone.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Sundae posted:

I wish I could say the same. I played just last night with a four-man galleon crew, completed two five-map hoarder quests and then settled a completely uncontested skull island. We never saw a single boat. :(

With the skull forts I will admit how they get contested does fluctuate rapidly. I've been at ones where we were in a three way fight between three galleons, or ones where there have been several ships we had to sink. Done others uncontested.

Part of the problem is now that players are questioning whether fighting other people for ages over 16K gold in a Fort is worth it, and it's become less worth it with the voyage RNG nerf on rewards. If I was rare I would halve the number of skeleton waves, have the skull appear for a while before it spawns (maybe the eyes don't flash and then when active the eyes flash and lightning crackles over the cloud), and double the loot value, or at least increase it to 20-25K.

Then you'd have to deal with people server hopping to grind forts, which is a problem but not a huge one.

On the number of players though, in theory the time shouldn't make a difference, because you play in instances right?

If you assume a maximum of 5 ships per instance and an average of 2 players per ship, all you do is divide the total number of players by two and then by five and that's how many instances you need. Even if player numbers halve, you can still have most players on a full instance.

Maybe you should file a bug report with them? It could be they need to tweak how the instances work for quiet timezones. Might mean you get a higher ping server or something but that's got to be better than playing this game basically single player.

Kitchner fucked around with this message at 10:04 on May 23, 2018

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Surprised the heck out of a sloop by plowing our galleon right through the arches in Thieves’ Haven last night. The sloop crew had hunkered in there and were yelling over voice chat to each other- one had manned an island cannon, the other stayed on the sloop- ‘What the- they’re coming in! They didn’t sink! poo poo poo poo! :derp:

Dropped off two crewmates who promptly killed and sank them, then took our time looting, light repairing, and finishing our quest there. Right as we were pulling away in our galleon, their newly spawned sloop rounded the corner of the island and immediately tried to turn tail, not expecting to see us there. They didn’t make it.

Doing dumb sailing moves in a galleon is very good and fun.

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

Had a pretty funny play the other day. Us in a galleon roll up on a very nearly completed fort by another galleon. We end up sinking eachother, we get back to the fort only slightly ahead of them and beat the last wave. We grabbed the key as they pulled up, so we sailed away with it. They gave chase for just a bit and then turned back to wait at the fort. We dipped into an outpost and totally change our sails, paint, etc and head back to the fort. We fight for a bit, I ended up on the ship of the dead with one and the guy is saying they don't have the key, some other galleon does and they're waiting. Ha! The disguise worked, despite me and another being naysayers to the guy who suggested it. Ended up sinking them easily and made out with all the loot.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Last night I was playing casually in a single man sloop, doing a Gold Hauler (Lv 20) mission and getting quite frustrated with this new glitch that keeps occurring with riddle quests that don't complete/unlock the next clue. After turning in the treasure I did manage to get from the "red X" type treasure map, I cancelled the voyage and decided, before turning the game off in frustration, to do a quick scouting of the area for other pirates. As luck would have it I happened upon another sloop at anchor off of Shipwreck Bay. I sailed hastily at first toward them, then slowed quite a bit and managed to set myself up perfectly for a broadside at close range. Their ship was positioned in the most disadvantaged position facing away from me toward the island. Of course I gave the courteous "Ahoy!" and received an "Ahoy!" and "Well played!" in return. I spied two of them, one of which was returning to the ship with a chest. Immediately after the courtesies, I opened unrelenting fire on the ship, killing the pirate on the top deck and eventually striking a gunpowder barrel stowed in the hold. A very short time later I sailed away slowly to preview the carnage and mitigate the risk of a pirate in the water. After a quick recon and returned to my pleasant surprise, about five seafarer's chests and a captains chest.

That made the whole glitchy quest debacle worth it to me.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

BadSamaritan posted:

Thieves’ Haven

I was in a duo sloop anchored on the west shore at that island, and we leave and pass the north side and we have no idea but a sloop was in the middle under the arches and it fires at us. We had no idea it was there, would've never noticed but since they had the courtesy to announce themselves to be in a perfect spot to be shot at we turned around and anchored in the sea outside, blasting them and launching myself over, also ramming their ship onto the shore within the place.

Got a bunch of treasure from them as well, which was nice because my friend and I didn't have poo poo on us but one gold striped pig.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

I just like to listen to pubbies freaking out as I park a galleon in Thieves Haven or Smugglers Bay, as if nobody believes that any gap in Sea of Thieves can take a galleon pretty simply when approached at the right angle and speed.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
They've actually posted a website thing with a list of features for Hungering Deep:

https://www.seaofthieves.com/the-hungering-deep

quote:

NEW ARRIVALS ON THE SEA OF THIEVES
Rumours of something old, vast and hungry are surfacing throughout the Sea of Thieves. Keep your ears to the ground in the taverns, as a group of adventure-seekers calling themselves the Bilge Rats have already heard a few juicy morsels about something stirring below the waves. Dare you seek out the truth?

FOLLOW THE TRAIL OF RIDDLES AND RUMOURS
The Sea of Thieves changes as often as the tides, so don't miss out! Join this time-limited adventure that leads from the outpost taverns to lonely, forgotten isles, piecing together the tale of Merrick the bard and his brush with hungering horror. Those who can find him and untangle his groggy recollection of events can join the hunt for his nemesis – and reap the rewards!

NEW FEATURES RISE FROM THE DEEP
The Hungering Deep adds these permanent new features to the ongoing Sea of Thieves experience.

- New Threat! Such a monstrous peril won't be easily vanquished. The risk of encountering it out at sea will live on.
- Drums! On the Sea of Thieves, it pays to bang your own drum. Pirate percussionists can let loose with this new instrument and play shanties with a bit more impact.
- Speaking Trumpets! All that drumming drowning out your orders? Use the new speaking trumpet to be heard at a distance and find other crews on the same voyage.
- Flags! Discover a new way to signal your intentions to other crews. Forge new friendships, or find new foes…
- Tattoos and Scars! The Hungering Deep expands the vanity chest: choose your tattoos and scars to tell your own pirate story

TOOTHSOME NEW TRAPPINGS
Alongside these new features, The Hungering Deep offers time-limited campaign items such as the Hungering Tattoo Set, and some special scars perfect for those born survivors out there. Pirates are off the menu! Join the adventure to unlock a special figurehead, sails and hull, plus a unique drum variant and speaking trumpet. Give your game a little more bite…

They have pictures of the flags and poo poo. I really just hope the flag is something you can change while sailing, and not just something you put on and then forget about it.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
New dev diary thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c3yvWM9xJU

Key points they confirm:

- Even though all the content is staying in the game, the "campaign" to kill this new AI threat will only be around for a week or so
- Rewards for fighting the threat are time locked, don't participate in the next few weeks, you don't get whatever it is that it unlocks
- The speaker horn is there to encourage people to work together for the event but also more in general (presumably because you can ask people if they are friendly from a distance)
- The flags will be a deliberate choice as the ship doesn't start with one and you hoist it in the crows nest
- After the HD campaign there will be smaller campaigns running each week in the run up to Cursed Sails
- Cursed Sails will be a bigger expansion than this

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Seems like the game gods heard my complaints yesterday, because last night's skull island had four separate galleons and a sloop attacking it. We got rolled hard but it was actually fun. :v:

Edit: Actually, it might've been 3 + a respawn galleon. One sank early and another joined in halfway through the fight, so it could've been the same crew. Either way, we got multi-gunpowdered and sank nice and fast :D

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Kitchner posted:

New dev diary thing:

- The speaker horn is there to encourage people to work together for the event but also more in general (presumably because you can ask people if they are friendly from a distance)

"I hope Rare will fix this. I got sunk three times yesterday by a Galleon who repeatedly said they were friendly, only to attack me and steal my skulls."

What's the odds of people announcing their true intentions using this horn?

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Iacen posted:

"I hope Rare will fix this. I got sunk three times yesterday by a Galleon who repeatedly said they were friendly, only to attack me and steal my skulls."

What's the odds of people announcing their true intentions using this horn?

Are you suggesting myself and other goons may announce friendly intentions and fly a friendly flag only to change the flag at the last second? How very dare you!

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Don't run. We are your friends.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Kitchner posted:

Are you suggesting myself and other goons may announce friendly intentions and fly a friendly flag only to change the flag at the last second? How very dare you!

I got done setting up to be able to broadcast from my PC instead of my mic today.

Crews are probably going to want to mute me, because once I have a speaking horn, pubbies are gonna be treated to musical interludes during attacks. :pirate:

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
We can just mute you in game and make sure you are on push to talk for discord.

Honestly though I'm looking forward to having the sound of drums playing as you approach the enemy ship.

Imagine, they see our galleon approaching.

That brown sea dog hull, golden lion on the front, those founders sails. Theres no flag flying, what do they want?

As they get a bit closer you see them raise the white flag, they want to talk!

Now they are a bit closer what's this? Oh no, they are raising the jolly Roger, and I can hear drum beats from their ship. Someone then comes over the speaker horn saying "lol give us your loot pubbies and we may let you live". I refuse i try to run.

The voices say "This is your last chance, raise your sails and surrender". I ignore it, they won't catch me. The ship is lowering the jolly Roger its raising a red flag.

Their ship gets closer and closer, I can't shake them. Three of them jump onto my deck, killing me whole shouting "Should have surrendered of you're this bad lol get hosed". The last thought that goes trough my head before I am sent to the ferry and rage quit is "But reddit told me sloops were superior to galleons...".

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Liquid Communism posted:

I got done setting up to be able to broadcast from my PC instead of my mic today.

Crews are probably going to want to mute me, because once I have a speaking horn, pubbies are gonna be treated to musical interludes during attacks. :pirate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eHkjPCGXKQ

If this isn't playing as we're headed in for a ram, you're a failure.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

It's that or this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th4Czv1j3F8

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
When's hungering deep again?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

ZeusCannon posted:

When's hungering deep again?

Literally like 12 hours away.