Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Master Twig posted:

Last night we were running an Athena voyage and one of the islands we needed to hit up had a sloop at it. We approached quickly, but had no ill intent towards the sloop. The sloop dropped sails and started sailing away. As they sailed, we noticed things being dropped in the water and thought it might be kegs. But no. It was treasure. We harpooned a couple pieces, but let them flee. We figured they were trying to dump treasure to make us not chase them. We stopped at the island and started our mission, but they turned back around and came back towards the island. They started shooting at us.

So we fought back and sank them rather quickly. It was not much of a fight. They could have made friends with us and been nice, but no. They had to not trust us.

I (breaky) was on that one with you... that was odd and those guys seemed dumb. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Come for pirate action on the high seas, stay to watch tungsten rods deorbit from space.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Hihohe posted:

I remember when i started playing this game and i was going around with goons who were way better than me. We sunk some sloops and were chasing a brig when a sloop we sunk came back with the sole intent on sinking us by just crashing and blowing up kegs.

The goons start yelling BAIL BAIL BAIL

and im like ok? So i jump off the ship. And it sinks fast.

One goon quit right there and rest carefully explained that it meant to bucket water out.

lmao this owns