Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Thief posted:

there's a cool tall tale early on that involves looking at the stars and constellations to navigate

the day/night cycles are always enjoyable ever since i started playing. there's even a functional watch that tracks the days and it looks like they put a lot of work into it

has anyone done any research into how detailed stuff like that and the moon is in this game? please let me know before i smoke a crate of devil's plants and go down the youtube rabbithole of some Ulillillia explaining how the skybox works in this game

I was just looking at the green/purple night sky when I was playing today and thought the same thing. They definitely made it beautiful--nothing tops a perfect weather sail in turquoise water for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Chev posted:

One in-lore explanation is that the sea of thieves doesn't share the same sky as the real world but is situated in a different reality (but then again SoT's real world isn't our world either). It'd have been interesting to check if the maiden voyage has real world celestial mechanics (since it takes place on the normal world side of the shroud), but as it turns out the maiden voyage doesn't have a night cycle.

I demand 100% reality in my Pirate Ghost game! Literally unplayable as is.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Joined an open galleon that was just about to sell their haul after about an hour: about 22k that they seemed pretty pleased about. I checked their rowboat and there was a fully cooked Trophy Bone Ancientscale in it, told them I grabbed it (voice chat and text) and started going toward the hunter, but two left before I could sell it for 11k (we waited a minute or so for 2 more randoms to join us first). The last guy and I were wondering what the hell they were doing, since they missed out on almost 1/3 of their loot, but he didn’t know about the hunter after like 20 hours of playing so he was happy.

Randoms don’t understand hunter or fish I guess? Maybe people don’t check the rowboat box? Or am I the weird one for actually selling fish/meats and caring about this?

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Find someone with a Reaper emissary and do some cool PvP that way if you don’t want to do arena. A lot of newer players freak out when you have a Reaper up, since they think you’re good (I’m not) and the psychological factor can help. Hopefully you have a good crew, as an expert boarder can basically win the fight on their own while the ship guys shoot 2-3 shots at a time to help the boarder cause chaos. Bonus is that all you lose is a L1 emissary flag until you’re onto the 2nd ship.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

More valuable the more it’s stolen?

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Merijn posted:

I am on Xbox and I lose literally every pvp fight. :(

I’m on PC and I lose almost every pvp fight. If you team up with some good fighters you can stay on the ship and guard ladders/help turn and stuff. Something for everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

God?