Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Good drat this game owns.
Was playing with three friends sailing around collecting chests. We had 6 in our possession when we came upon a two man sloop and decided to get frisky. We easily sank them and stole their loot then continued onwards. High on our victory and full of bloodlust we saw another sloop and decided to ram it.
We killed the guys on it, grabbed their two chests and brought them back to our galleon. As we're raising the anchor and planning our route we notice we're sinking rapidly. No one had thought to check for damage to our hull and the ship went down with 9 chests on board.

But then somehow one guy managed to stay alive with multiple sharks in the water and kept the chests from sinking to the bottom. In the meantime me and one other (fourth guy DC'd) spawned at a nearby island with a fresh ship and decided "we're saving these drat chests!". We sailed two islands over by our lonesome navigating by the flock of seagulls above the wreckage and then the light of our friend's lantern. In the end we managed to get every single chest back on deck and loving hightailed it to the nearest outpost. :pirate:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
While I enjoy the PvP, I wouldn't want an easy failfree way to find other ships. It's much more fun if it happens organically.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I found that it's generally easier to find other ships in the waters around outposts.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I just signed for the free trial and I've never owned an Xbox

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Oh. I'll have to get home from work to find out :v:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I am the most beautiful pirate

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
The modern gamer cannot be satisfied without numbers to increase and constantly being drip fed hype.

Personally I love the game. My only complaint is the shoddy job they've done porting it to PC.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Me and a buddy gave a chest to a galleon yesterday. More specifically a weeping chest that he snuck on board with and placed in the crow's nest :getin:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

orange juche posted:

Did it actually sink?

They got real low before they discovered and foiled our plan. We ended up fighting over a skeleton fort they'd been working on and with them sandwiched between us and the fort it was easy pickings :yarr:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
All I want to know is how Arena works! I bought the game for good in anticipation of a proper competitive mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Last time I ended up on shacknews I'm pretty sure they were mining bitcoin with my 'puter or something cause it was hogging resources like crazy. Did Rare post a youtube-video or something?

Edit: yeah they did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aypjY7JXIlY