Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Laserface posted:

The combat is poo poo, the guns feel like poo poo to shoot, the enemies were all the loving same (just endless skeletons with swords?) and you seemingly just collect treasure and chickens to then trade in for...cosmetic items?

Yea, I'm currently on the fence about this title. It looks awesome on streams so I upgraded to win10 to run it, but I'm a bit hesitant because it's too expensive and offers so little to do ingame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Ok so a Shrouded Ghost spawned on me as I was approarching Galleon's Something Outpost

I raised sails to fight it but was too close to the island apparently and it despawned. I turned around to try and get it to attack me again - it never did, then spent the next ~3 hours sailing aimlessly across the map trying to find it again, which I didn't how was your day :black101:

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I seen't it with me own eyes, it swam right next to my boat for a good few seconds before diving back into the dark depths

I seen't it I tell ya

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Damnit, open crew galleons are the worst, you almost never get a crew who know what to do. And the worst part is, they're not willing to learn either. Not to mention the amount of planks and balls you need on a galleon is virtually in the 100s, and stupid kids cba to stock the ship either...I think they deserve an occasional troll

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So long as I don't have to touch the xbox companion app again I'm happy, few days ago spent 30 minutes trying to get some friends invited and by the end one of them still couldn't join.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Merijn posted:

But I have never ever seen a Shrouded Ghost.

Well never seeing it at all is far better than seeing it and not killing it because the game decided to gently caress you

I don't even wanna play anymore, everything seems pointless now

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

what is even the point of getting 5,0000 commendations and dumping 10,000 hours of grind into the game if I'm gonna get cheated out of the rarest thing ever :colbert:

also no I would then have kill the shrouded ghost 4 more times, leave me alone

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 12:15 on May 28, 2020

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Fog is inconsequantial, it'll just spawn on you whenever it wants, playing the same dumb music every other shark does and acting just the same.

Kids on reddit sometimes talk about fog and stuff because megs appear kinda white-er in fog and they get confused.

I can tell you, for a fact, there's nothing special about this shark except for its color

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Glass of Milk posted:

Use WASD for fishing, too.

Is there another way?

I'll add: Keep the "S" button pressed at all times (pulling towards you), no matter the direction a fish is taking. For instance if the fish is pulling to the right, keep pressing A+S instead of just A. It tires them more quickly

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jun 15, 2020

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

still butthurt about losing the white shark and I can't bring myself to login and no amount of dogs will change that

I did buy a cat though, it looks awesome but gently caress this game

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VohvlYblr4

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

did they fix the gold bottle eye-of-reach to look like it's supposed to or does it still look like the green one?

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Its fairly awesome, yae, though the leet kids disregard it because "in darkness you cant see as well through the yellow tint"

I think my PTSD from having shrouded ghost despawn on me is slowly fading. My psych suggested its maybe the right time to login and look at the bright colorful graphics for a minute each day and who knows in a few months I might be able to start playing again without getting anxiety

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Sep 28, 2020

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

logging in once a month to buy black market lvl ups, will become PL in 3 months lmao

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Unsinkabear posted:

I'm still anxiously awaiting news about when the next update is, so I know when to buy mine. Don't want to buy early since I'm still playing and getting levels that make the eventual black market one more valuable, but I don't want to miss a month either. :ohdear:

Buy them, buy them all and become PL without playing!! I have to say, the 3 basic companies are a breeze to lvl to 40, but it gets a lot slower from then on. Luckily they added a ton of ways to get doubloons so you'll never get stonewalled for lack of blue currency

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Merijn posted:

They already are! At first they were like 800-1000 gold, but so many just ignored the crying chests, the rewards was tripled.

I'm my experience, the only people who really want to keep those things are people who want the title for selling 100 of them, which is "Hoarder of Treasured Tears". :v:

not bad

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Reiley posted:

The Obsidian flintlock is probably one of the best pistols in the game for its combination of understated colors and working iron sight.

IDK, It was on handout as a twitch drop a few months ago but I CBA to get it

Do they hand it out now?

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Reiley posted:

The Mercenary and Aristocrat pistols are the same model if you want the sights but you'll have to wait for the next time they drop it to get a nice black one.

I just wanted it for the iron sight - Thanks!

Im just gonna get the kitsch golden cultured one

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

About the 8 million dollar sails

Do you guys use them?

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Hommando posted:

No, I do not like how they look.

I was considering these sails to be my next SoT project but then I also think once I get them I wont use them so why even bother :/

Those pink crab sails I got going with the light blue hull and the wacky coral stuff just tie the deck together

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

mrmcd posted:

Admittedly I haven't played this game in like a year, but PvE only servers seem dumb because the PvE content in this game is loving terrible.

Fact remains that a good portion of the playerbase are huddling up in premade alliance servers to enjoy pvp-less SoT. I have tried it because we had a big group and wanted to play together with 2 ships in the same server and it is very tedious to setup. It can even take hours to manage to bring 2 crews together in the same server by RNG logging so... Why not give the players what they want?

They should incorporate a way for crews to invite each other. Not being able to play with more than 3 friends is such a turnoff. It killed my playergroup's interest in the game

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Sep 27, 2023

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Master Twig posted:

Is love if you could invite another crew.

My goodness, the game could have role play servers!

But you can't have one without the other. Being able to invite other crews to your server will be imbalanced on PvP servers, so it can only work in PvE dedicated instances where ganking and griefing is not a thing

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Truthfully I don't really get why people are dissing SoT PvE content so much?

PvE is like, the backbone of the game. I always thought this first and foremost a PvE game with added PVP so players can steal PVE bounties from each other but literally everything comes from PVE content

What they should do is just add PVP ONLY UNLOCKS to provide incentive for people to join PVP shards even if they are PVE oriented players. Removing the Arena was very bad for the game to begin with, so I believe they should add PVP exclusive swag to the PVP gamemodes to make up for that, and people will pickup on it

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Perry Mason Jar posted:

For what it's worth, the gold did not seem worth the boredom and I gave up on them a while ago. Probably got like 2-3mil easy off of there though. Maybe more?

Come now, as if 2-3 mill in a single session is something to complain about. Of course I do not play, but if I did I would welcome a cash injection of 3M, or 10

Infact lets make it an even 100, I would not object

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Depending on what's going on on the server I reckon it's in the neighborhood of 500k/hr? So not one session. 1mil/hr if it's jumping.

It's seriously not worth it. Just getting into the server is a pain and there's nothing to do but make conversation with mouthbreathers in between volunteer mods checking in on you. It sucks!

I was playing with randos for a brief period and I know what you mean. But if you luck out and join an alliance server where your crew already has a maxed out flag... then you'll be making a fortune!

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

What about my Luffy straw hat

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

dialhforhero posted:

The Black Pearl ship model is right loving there.

That model is really really dangerous. My mouse wants to click it every time I browse through the pirate emporium, and each time it gets harder to resist heheh

I'd love it if you could get it ingame somehow, then having it would mean something

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Kitchner posted:

I think there's a large number of people here who really don't appreciate how draconian Rare is with the community name rules.

Big Deck Energy as a ship name was enough to get the ship renamed "Galleon" and have a player's ability to name things permenantly removed.

Welcome to ROBLOX

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

I’m firmly in this camp as well. Even as someone that rarely looks for fights, PVE without the threat of PVP is dreadfully boring in this game. That’s not a slight against the game though, that’s just really not how it was designed in the first place.

This is the truth for gamers who are old enough to value risk versus reward. Safer seas is kids content, as kids dont care about risk vs reward. They cheat if they can cheat and that's that

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

When you wish to PVP, you go roaming in the PVP servers

When you wish to PVE, you go carebearing in the PVE servers

This way you dont lose a whole afternoon's worth of farming to PVP mongrels, and you also find PVP when you look for it, instead of hunting PVP averse ships to the edge of the map for hours and hours only to have them scuttle when caught

Not to mention the PVP servers are gonna be "no kid" zones for those who dont want to team up with kids

I think overall Safer Seas is a good thing

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Kitchner posted:

Maths doesn't work out with that though really does it?

So in SS you earn 30% of the gold, and you can't fly an emissary flag. In HS you earn 100% plus up to 1.5 times extra, so 250%.

If I play for 3 hours with an Athena veil quest in a Galleonb, emissary of course, I'll earn about 130k. It would be 52k without the emissary. You can't do Athena in SS but the principle applies to all voyages.

If you did the same 3 hours in SS your earning would be 30% of that 52k meaning 15.6k.

So in 3 hours I'd earn 130k and you'd earn 15.6k. You'd have to play for 8 times more time than me to earn the same money. So for my 3 hours you'd need to play 24 hours.

Or, to put it another way, if you spend 8 evenings doing an Athena veil emissary quest, you'd only need to succeed once to earn the same as someone doing the voyage in SS. This is a 12.5% success rate.

Losing the entire evening's work to someone is actually preferable as long as you don't lose it once a week, if your goal is "see number go up".

Anyone who doesn't understand why pvpve players are upset and concerned about SS just needs to go back and read Battle's MUD player type paper he published back in 1996. When you have a non-consensual PvP environment with pve features, you get a certain mix of players. Reducing or increasing any of those player types effects the others.

So if you are unable to run an emissary flag on SS, then nobody who's anybody will play SS? So only kids will play SS, so game will be better?

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Thief posted:

can't wait to pay 600k to buy some OoS shoes while waiting for them to actually do something cool with the game like expand cooking :homebrew:

There's still the "hunter of the shrouded ghost" and I lost it to a game glitch

gently caress this game and gently caress everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Sywert of Thieves posted:

I've completed all the Monkey Island commendations, but the final achievement for "do all Monkey Island stuff" didn't unlock. Rare is known for messing up stuff like this at launch. :effort:

Sounds like its pretty bad, was there like a FOMO train to complete everything before a certain date?