Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

ten_twentyfour posted:

Bought on the Microsoft store, got the "too early" thing. Canceled and bought on Amazon, still no preorder code. God doesn't want me playing this game I guess. Trying to hassle Amazon into giving me a code and/or canceling my order.

:same: on Amazon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

ten_twentyfour posted:

I have to get my amazon order canceled first before I try going through the microsoft store again.

Just got a reply from Amazon, I guess they're having some sort of glitch with the beta codes and are working on it, so hopefully with be fixed in time for the weekend. :yarr:

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Hmm... seems like most of the content is just fetch quests which is disconcerting, I feel like that poo poo would get old quickly. This dude's putting a lot of emphasis on earning "titles" and "achievements" and decking your dude out how you want to, but what's the point if there isn't much to do.

Yeah, it seems like they're leaning heavily on ~*emergent gameplay*~ to make the fetch quests interesting, rather than character or item progression.

On the one hand, as someone who can't/doesn't want to grind for loot all day, the level playing field is attractive. But on the other hand, I'm not sure how long that's going to stay interesting.

nah thanks fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 25, 2018

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Ehud posted:

It is a true statement that the demo we are playing is not worth 60 dollars.

It is also a true statement that the demo we are playing is not the game that comes out in March.

These are my bold opinions.

Big if true.

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

There are red explosive barrels you can find. Literally bring the poo poo onto someone's boat and shoot it. Preferably below deck.

Do boats respawn, or do they just have to restart?

nah thanks fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jan 26, 2018

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
I just spent 45 minutes on a 1v1 that ended with me firing myself out of a cannon onto the other player's ship, jumping overboard, dying in an underwater shootout, and then respawning to them being eaten by sharks.

Then their ship sunk since they didn't repair it in the chaos.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Yeah, this is worrying, I feel like the game will be dead soon after launch with such little content. I guess I'm waiting until there's more stuff released.

It'd be a shame if the content is too light for people to stick around long term, because the core game is fun as heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Kitchner posted:

poo poo tons of people are saying it all over the Rare forums and the subreddit for the game.

Yeah, everyone over there wants skill trees and items to grind and all sorts of ways to make the game terrible for new players and casuals.

As long as there’s enough fun piratey stuff to do, I’m glad that Rare isn’t putting that stuff in their pvp only game. It’d turn unfun really quick if they did.