Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
IBM Blockchain

Built for business. Built to run on the IBM Cloud.
What can we solve together?

Digitizing Global Trade with Maersk and IBM: joint venture announced

What Every Technical Leader Needs to Know About Blockchain

IBM announces major blockchain solution to speed up global payments

Blockchain in healthcare: patient benefits and more

https://www.ibm.com/blockchain/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
lomarf

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Ground floor. Let's HODL this loving thread.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
IBM HODL For Enterprise

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

blockchain on the mainframe

blockframe

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
HODLchainframe

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Blockchain Technology

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

International Blockchain Morons

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

international butt munchers

itty bitty machines

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

can't wait to chain the gently caress otu of my blocks

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

lotus 16TwFFhizi6UQYSdCmYTmYn15g4zoy2hfy 2A9yDcLGYGG2tp4TnmMMsSsbhCX54Di6DE 3DmJYZohZcP1qDGjko12jmR3y1Rcv4w5dieJk2g

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
oh no this means apple is going to get into the blockchain arena to break big "brother" blue's stranglehold :ohdear:

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
IBM has been in the blockchain business for a while now, they're ahead in the game

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I don't think it would be possible for IBM to show a stronger sign of being a failed company about to go bankrupt

Every time the idiot retard system architects at work mention blockchain I want to slap them

r u ready to WALK fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 24, 2018

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
does this also rely on millions of people running 250 watt video cards to process <10 transactions per second?

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."

Why blockchain and IoT are best friends posted:

Blockchain-based IOT solutions are well suited for simplifying business processes, improving customer experience and achieving significant cost efficiencies.
Does your IoT devices leverage blockchain distributed ledgers? Are you improving security with better customer experiences with blockchain-based IOT solutions? Are you performing IoT and blockchain pilots in your industry where the speed of assets are critical? I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
What better platform for libertarian principles than healthcare.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

carry on then posted:

international butt munchers

itty bitty machines

irritable bowel movement

pram
Jun 10, 2001
cant innovate my rear end

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

pram posted:

cant innovate my rear end

ibm's watson is gonna innovate your rear end if you catch my drift

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

r u ready to WALK posted:

I don't think it would be possible for IBM to show a stronger sign of being a failed company about to go bankrupt

Every time the idiot retard system architects at work mention blockchain I want to slap them

just posted their best quarter in years lmao

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

OldAlias posted:

imaginary bowel money

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Where do I invest?

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

incredible bowel movement

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
inescapable blockchain madness

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
lomarf

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

flakeloaf posted:

lotus 16TwFFhizi6UQYSdCmYTmYn15g4zoy2hfy 2A9yDcLGYGG2tp4TnmMMsSsbhCX54Di6DE 3DmJYZohZcP1qDGjko12jmR3y1Rcv4w5dieJk2g

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

and 10000% more dickcopters

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Urghhh. Our CEO came to me a couple of weeks ago asking about blockchain and he expected me to know all about it because I'm an expert in SQL databases. It seems idiots have gotten this idea that blockchain is the only way to distribute a DB securely.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Hahaha

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Anime girl, furry guy, and Goku sit around a conference table in Second Life to discuss the product strategy for IBM blockchain...

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
btw the guy who started second life is now on the blockchain bandwagon, he's gonna use it to track transactions in his new VR system

i'm not really paying attention to blockchain discourse, do any of the promoters ever show awareness that no business anywhere keeps a fully seekable ledger back to the beginning of time? at various points they're going to closse the books and keep them around for 10 years in case they get sued & this has worked fine for centuries

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

blockchain wants to take the creativity out of corporate accounting, which benefits no one, and hand the keys over to drug dealers, pedophiles and crypto-fascists

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

which is to say, tech ceos

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

*whispers* blockchain

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Gazpacho posted:

btw the guy who started second life is now on the blockchain bandwagon, he's gonna use it to track transactions in his new VR system

i'm not really paying attention to blockchain discourse, do any of the promoters ever show awareness that no business anywhere keeps a fully seekable ledger back to the beginning of time? at various points they're going to closse the books and keep them around for 10 years in case they get sued & this has worked fine for centuries

Rofl. I wonder if there exists some kind of database that can store transaction operations related to different users. A transactional relational database, so to speak.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

carry on then posted:

*whispers* blockchain

maybe there actually is something to this lizard people thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

carry on then posted:

*whispers* blockchain

And, for an instant, she stared directly into those soft blue eyes and knew, with an instinctive mammalian certainty, that the exceedingly rich were no longer even remotely human.

• Locked thread