Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DandyLion posted:

This is so awesome. Utterly surreal how still they are.

Reminds me of that inside-out dragon illusion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

My God, is that the Dancing Bug music from Adventure Time?

I don't even watch the show I just look at memes a lot why does my brain hang on to this poo poo

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Blast of Confetti posted:

feeling like that lady after the two weeks of no rain heatwave alabama had. rain owns and a big reason im moving north is for more of it

Congratulates on being a climate refugee. You did it before it was popular!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Facebook Aunt posted:

Looks good. Which horror movie is this from? Are we talking some supernatural creature, or just your basic slasher film?

Hey now, just because white people were created in a lab to disrupt and torment the lives of actual people, it doesn't make us "supernatural" creatures

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
That's how zucchinis are traditionally flushed out of their patches. You send a cat in, the cat sees the zucchini and thinks it's a snake, so it jumps three feet in the air, which startles the other zucchini. Then you just shoot at the rustling noises.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
The fabled catbook lasagne

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
GODDAMN IT CTV THE JURASSIC PERIOD WAS AS OLD TO T.REX AS T.REX IS TO US

(the cretaceous was long as balls)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

All of a sudden I have a craving for a slim jim

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

https://youtu.be/bY436JiiCjg

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

This has me hearing the Moon theme from Ducktales

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Beachcomber posted:

This kid will go places.

Specifically, back, and then forth

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
You gotta be careful doing that now what with all the car batteries in there

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Ah yes, those famous New Zealand wolves.

Perhaps it found refuge with the roaming packs of giraffes, moose and other animals which don't exist in New Zealand.

I don't know if there's stories about giraffes in New Zealand, but there absolutely were, and may still be, moose.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

That's more self-aware than I would have expected from Snipes

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Oscar Wild posted:

He isn't posting someone doing taxes....

He refused to open his eyes while filming this scene in Blade 3, so they cg'ed them in

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Marina Sirtis (Troi).

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Inceltown posted:

Be very careful if ordering this online as, depending on where you get it from, you may be very shocked to find that your 'roo' doesn't lay eggs and also has a desire to gut you

Both of these things are true of roosters though

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Butterfly Valley posted:

No that's how actual cheese is made and aged unlike American processed shite

It's not the dumbest question I've heard, Canada has a Global Strategic Maple Syrup Reserve. It apparently looks like this inside:

And in 2011-2012, it was slowly robbed of $31 million of maple syrup, by thieves stealing the unmarked white barrels, draining the syrup, then refilling them with water and returning them, like a 16-year-old stealing their dad's brown liquor: The Great Canadian Maple Syrup Heist

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

ultrafilter posted:

When you die and wake up in Hell, this is the first thing you see.

I'm mildly surprised Abe isn't screaming silently and pounding his fist against the surface of the painting

(God, was that only a year and a bit ago?)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Unfortunately, based on posing with that tiny box of Coronas, he's not a tea-toadaller

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sam Faust posted:

I can't help but notice that that video doesn't seem to contain a resolution to that encounter.

It's 480 x 848.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

The bears name is four and the kids name is E?

not bad!

also regarding bearchat, I was one of those people who believed Bears Can't Run Downhill until I looked it up due to that gif. Turns out bears run downhill just fuckin fine. I guess it's a good thing that despite growing up/spending a bunch of time in Bear Country, I've never been on the trail with an actual bear

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm not sure if it was ever explained to me, though one thing I read when I was looking it up suggested the myth was because their front legs were shorter than their back legs, which somehow translated to "can't run downhill". I just thought it was that they were big and awkward and if they tried to run down a hill they'd stumble and end up as a bearvalanche.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Thanks, Walrus. Up until a couple of minutes ago, I did think of the spectrum as linear rather than a radar plot. I, uh, I won't do that any more.

Also that's the second time in as many days that I've seen the Equality/Equity/Justice graphic and that's a blessed pic on its own.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I remember that NFB cartoon.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
https://phys.org/news/2020-06-horizons-interstellar-parallax.html

The New Horizons spacecraft is far enough away from Earth that local stars appear in different positions, creating a parallax effect. This is Proxima Centauri.

This is Wolf 359.

If you can do the magic eye thing, it totally works here. The image orientation is correct for if you can do it going walleyed. If you have to cross your eyes to do it, you'll want to flip the image horizontally to put Proxima and Wolf out in front.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mistayke posted:

I cannot see anyone but Josh Gad on this cover in an Adam Sandler re-make of the Hobbit.

I also can't help thinking it would be about golf somehow and Gollum playing the role of Shooter McGavin.

Bilbo's great-great-grand-uncle, Bandobras Took, invented the game of golf by clubbing a goblin so hard his (the goblin's) head popped off and flew into a hole

The goblin's name was Golfimbul, hence, golf

Bandobras was an enormous hulk of a hobbit, 4 foot 5 tall, and he could ride an actual horse

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I'm sure I'm not the first to make this observation, but: happy little trees

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Carthag Tuek posted:

yea i would post him but he stopped i thought he didnt ca----

omg omg omg

:allears: and :dance: and me personally and everyone else all come in to wait for the video

I don't know whether I'm more

or

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Old blessed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43VjLCRqKNk

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pookah posted:

Now tigers, tigers are goddamn TERRIFYING. A tiger roared near me one time when I was in a zoo and I ran the gently caress away because that roar was so insanely threatening.

Oh, man. One of my favorite books I read in the last couple years was John Vaillant's The Tiger, about a Siberian tiger that got shot by a poacher and loving enacted vengeance on the dude by waiting for him next to his cabin. It's got a lot of good lines in it about how scary it is to be on the business end of a tiger.

quote:

“To say a tiger is an "outside" animal is an understatement that is best appreciated when a tiger is inside.”

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah, the first guy it killed also stole its prey, to literally add insult to injury. I don't remember if it had a grudge with the second guy or if it was just hungry and desperate and was thinking "actually, humans are easy to kill" by that point.

fe: The book isn't just a Boys Own Adventure about a tiger hunt, it's about the Amur Peninsula and the history of the people who live there, conservation efforts in post-Soviet Russia vs the economics of poaching and endangered species trafficking, the psychology of big cats, the mythology of big cats... it's a good book.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Didn't I fight this chump in Earthbound?

I was going to eat a sixer in the cursed thread for saying that this should have been posted in the blessed thread, but then I thought, why not just do the needful:

Swole Jesus's little Dreamworks smirk just kills me

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

dokmo posted:

Snot freezes in your nose.

Snotcrackers start around -28-29C imo

-45 is more of a "we were not meant to live in this part of the planet and the fact that we're trying is clear hubris"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

This would have gone great with the ducktales moon theme on ytmnd

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hyperlynx posted:

Also decent Culture warship names

Culture vessels definitely strike me as the kind of people to name themselves after three-thousand-year-old dogs

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
THE FATTEST PIGEON

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Zopotantor posted:

Sky crane flying off after dropping the rover.

Yeah, as seen from Perseverance after it was lowered.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

dog nougat posted:

I baked a pie

Strong "backlit panel decorating the bakery section of my local grocery store in the 80s" energy

Also looks like a delicious pie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

3D Megadoodoo posted:

What about... me? :kiddo:

I don't recall ever seeing a fat Finn

However, 100% of the Finns I'm aware of what they look like are hockey players