Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

COWABUnga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Woman gets new hearing aids and discovers some of the sounds she'd been missing her whole life

https://i.imgur.com/03ksNO1.mp4

And some classics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsOo3jzkhYA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSD7-TgUmUY

When I first got my first hearing aids I came home, stood in my kitchen and put them in and spent the next few hours doing random stuff in awe and amazement.
I recall popping them in and walking to make a drink and instantly stopping and it was like being in a time machine - That sound your trousers make when you walk, sort of at the top of your thighs? I hadn't heard that since I was a child and it took me right back to that point in time and I just filled up with tears.
Opening mail, I'd start then stop and just listen to the paper tearing, same with opening packets of crisps, it was pure insanity. Hearing people breathe shocked me, the sound of the rain, just everything - It was crazy and strangely really emotional.
Opening doors, the sound door handles make, typing, the sheer amount of sounds in a pub. It was overwhelming but I had counselling as well and was sort of prepared for it, but nothing is crazier than hearing the wind through the trees for the first time since being a small child.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Memento posted:

hey this fuckin' rules, thank you for sharing it with us

My pleasure, I rarely get chance to talk about it and those videos struck a massive chord with me, being sat in a small room with an Audiologist while you're wired up like that lady with the tats, I've been there so often.
What's happening there is her hearing aids are connected via USB to the PC, and there is software that takes data from your hearing tests and applies it to the hearing aids, what you are seeing there is the moment the software finishes syncing and the aids kick in, it's a truly odd thing as the Audiology rooms are silent so while you know it;s working, until you hear something like a voice you have no idea how well.
Those tears are pure elation, like being given the best surprise gift you've ever ever had and I am super excited for her :)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

dog nougat posted:

I am in the process of doing just that! The painting is off at the printers right now. I should get my proof some time this week, and if it looks good I should hopefully have them shortly afterwards! I plan on making a thread in SA-mart once I have them, or feel free to follow me on Instagram as I will also post there when i have them available.

Count me in, do you ship to the UK?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

LifeSunDeath posted:

The thing I've never understood about 70's shorts is, was people's junk just constantly falling out, was that a common issue? Seems impossible to avoid.

Got a cotton lining yo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4TsySFCY1U&t=11s

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

dog nougat posted:

Possibly? Looked into international shipping and it's a bizarre tangled web of confusion regarding whether or not the package is insured through the usps. Standard tracked and insured domestic shipping in the US is about $10, for international to the UK it's like $37. If you're ok with paying the difference i have no problem with it.

Yeah no problem at all, maybe we should shoot each other a couple of pm's and sort it out, maybe chat about some other works of yours? I bought a stupid big victorian house a couple of years ago and you art will look ace, wallspace is so big though I am thinking of buying a few, save on shipping too if it's a possibility :)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

That fuckin music is blessed as hell lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
that's a good dog