Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boxen
Feb 20, 2011
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/forza-horizon-3-hot-wheels/9nhpkzzpbcw1

Forza Horizon 3's Hot Wheels pack is $5 right now if you have Live Gold, not sure if it's like that all the time, but it popped up on Slickdeals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Darchangel posted:

Warthog

fangs of fun

Tusks of fun?

I decided to pick up FH3 to play on PC, don't own an XBone. Xbox live seems to be having issues, I just downloaded the game and the game refuses to start, probably having issues verifying my purchase or something.

Anyway, after I get it working, my id is b0xen.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Does anyone have the Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition? Is it worth $99?

The digital edition is $45 on the Microsoft store (if you have gold) for four more days. At that price, you could buy a month of live to get that price and still come out ahead.

It's digital so you won't have a physical disc, though. I just bought it and I can't play it because apparently Live has been hosed for downloading purchases since last Friday. At least, I hope that's my issue (I downloaded the demo and it played fine).

If you buy it on the microsoft store, you can play it on PC and on XBone, no need to get it twice. I think you can do the same if you get a physical disc for the XBone and register the game to your account or whatever, though.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
Jesus. In FH3, I bought a GMC Vandura to do this week's Forzathon and spent some credits on it.

The engine? Powerful enough to lift the front tires off the ground. On dirt, apparently.

The suspension? Completely stock.

It's hard to drive because I'm laughing so goddamned hard. It doesn't help that I've got the "classical" radio station on. This seems fitting for that thing wallowing around corners.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CTYymbbEL4

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
I bought FH3 on a sale awhile ago, I've enjoyed most of it so far, but the way it decides what other cars you see driving around really bothers me... IE, if you're driving a Warthog or whatever, you'll see lots and lots of computer drivers also in Warthogs, or at least a car of roughly the same class. I guess it makes sense from the point of being able to challenge other cars you see to races, but it bugs me in the same way Grand Theft Auto games do with same sort of thing. I don't like working to save up for an old Ferrari or whatever, then immediately see twelve others.

Oh.... poo poo. Am I a car hipster?

In races, one big difference I've noted from older Forza games is that the game will automatically generate cars that are roughly your same PI, based on eligible cars, so you can't go into a race that's just "old Porsches" anymore with some S2-tuned 1968 911 and wipe the floor with everyone.
It makes every race competitive, but the way that Forza AI drivers always stick exactly to the recommended line and YOU START EVERY GODDAMNED RACE at the back of the pack makes races where every car are within 20 PI points of each other tedious. You spend most of the race hammering through places 1-11 (which are concentrated in 1 or 2 blobs) and then breeze through the rest of the race once you're in front.

Also the wheelspins are really frustrating in the way you'll see cool cars, and then win 2 grand. Whee. It's a nice bonus when you get one, but just a huge tease otherwise.

I do really enjoy the sheer variety of cars, though. One of my favorite ways to play lately is to pick a class-D car (ideally something with as low of a PI as possible) and have shitbox competitions with the AI.

• Locked thread