Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Yay. Finally found a quick and dirty way to 3 star all the drift zones in the main game. Embrace my inner bunta fujiwara and slam a 22B STI through every one full sideways. I got bored of trying to do this the right way with a custom rwd tune on an S15 or similar, so gently caress it, quick and dirty it is.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jan 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Posting here just to say that I loving hate that drifting has now infested all of the racing games that I love. Drift Zone Score: 0. gently caress you.

Anyway, I need to renew my gold subscription so I can play with some of you clowns. XBL tag is Boaz MacPherson. I'm already in GRRC in FH3 but I'm not above jumping ship for an AI group if we make one.

Gold starred all the drift zones in the main game and got top 10 in grrc on a couple of the more difficult ones. Seriously, 22B it up and 4 wheel drift that poo poo. Drifting is fun!

Just go into a private online freeroam to get rid of driveatars. Makes drift zones and speed zones so much easier.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I used one of the tunes made by someone else. Named XP drift madness by gamegobbler1. Literally one of the first 5 starred tunes I tried for the car. It may also only be on the Horizon Edition of the car, not sure. But really the setup is kinda simple and you can likely find something similar on other cars if you search that cars tuning files for awd drift tunes. Tons of power, awd, a balanced suspension and enough toe to make the car inherently unstable at speed so you can chuck it hard and carry a big angle at speed while still being recoverable. The biggest thing that kept me from doing a tune of my own like I have been for everything else is that most of the work goes into adjusting your gearing so you're consistently 2k rpm or so from redline while in 3rd or 4th gear during the grip.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Time attack lap time challenge sounds fun. Set a track, car and if forza a performance index, everyone has x days to build a tune to their liking and pull out a time. I'd be down. :sun:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I treat other drivers on track as ablative braking. Don't want to get hit, don't be in my loving way. :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I won one off a wheel spin like a day or two into playing. It became my automatic go to for "gently caress this bullshit speed trap/zone" or similar.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Darchangel posted:

I've been smashing those with a R35 GT-R with a drift tune, of all things. 900-something HP. And I still suck at drifting with it. I'm just not getting the hang of it. It may be the tune, which was 5-star, but it's more likely me not doing it right.
The tuned Audi R10 is pretty good at going fast, too.
I haven't looked online yet, but any tips for "how to drift". I'll try your tip on the 22B STI when I get a hold of one. Your tip about the private online roam already helped me get through one of the average speed zones without having to dodge the goddamned drivatars. It was a dirt road, so none of the NPC cars venture down it.

The recommendation of the 22b was more "Hey, I've got this and it works well for me". A good portion of doing the drift zones in an awd car is using the throttle to keep up your angle and trying to keep the car from suddenly regaining grip when you don't want it to. I ain't Dai Yoshihara, but I can sometimes get stuff sideways.

The awd stuff is also just for 3 starring the drift zones. I'm still working on a rwd RX7 FC drift tune for my own loving around. The Twerkstallion makes it a little easier since it has the most steering angle in the game, but I'm doing both that and a standard rx7.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The bonus is just to the skill points that you earn while doing it, but I bet it has a good downloadable setup/tune.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

This is probably why I was having trouble, I was doing it with an auto and trying to finesse the throttle while using a controller.

Like I said, I am not Dai Yoshihara. I do have a brz in his 2017 livery though. :swoon:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Thief posted:

i used to drive the sandman a lot because it has some gamebreaking engine swap options. more imporantly, it has one of the best liveries in the history of Forza - a splattered Ghostbusters replica :iia:

also @Elmnt80 i uploaded a stock engine drift setup for the BRZ in Forza 7 - all weight reduction and the suspension is setup to comedy option extremes so you can stack HP on as you see fit until it becomes unwieldy. just search "StockEngineDrift" or tunes by BreakSet

if anyone wants I can reinstall Horizon 3 and upload tunes for specific cars. after playing the game inside out, most active goons just ended up doing drift zone scoreboard sniping or speed zones so we had a poo poo ton of builds from practically every manufacturer in the game

I'm still playing FH3, haven't picked up 7 yet. And thanks for the offer, but I'm good. One of the things I really enjoy in this game is trying to tune something just so for the way I want it to handle/drive. I still wanna get some people to try some time attack stuff if they're down.

Also, down to only 2 unowned HE cars. The ram runner and the modern mini. I could have bought a damned pacerx for the amount I've spent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Picked up fm7. They finally made muscle cars not handle like poo poo. :dance:

• Locked thread