Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a loathsome bird
Aug 15, 2004

Modus Man posted:

I played the hell out of gran turismo 2 and 4 when I was younger and had tons a free time to earn all the credits I needed to buy any of the cars I wanted. As a grown up kid with wife and kids I bought gran turismo 6 to scratch the itch. Luckily, right when I bought it there was a money glitch and I used it to get enough money in the game to last a few lifetimes. Without that money glitch, my limited play time wouldn't earn enough money for me to enjoy the game. Is there a game out now that has a ton of cars, drives more like a simulation than arcade, and gives you access to a ton of cars without a big time sink?

Project Cars 2 is fairly close to what you're looking for- 200+ cars with the DLC season pass, no real unlocking (you can start the career mode at whatever level you want) and a pretty solid physics sim model (including full weather with transitions and gravel/dirt). VR support is excellent if you're into that.
Myself and a few other goons are doing weekly races on PC over in the sim racing thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3763524&pagenumber=98#post481853368

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread