Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Adiabatic posted:

Both of my roommates have Forza 7 but I have a ps4 so GT Sport is my poo poo. If anyone wants to beat me I guess I need a gamertag or something.

I always thought I'd end up with a PS4 after having all the previous Playstations, but I'm making the switch just so I can play Forza. It seems like GT has been taking a backseat to Forza for awhile now, the reviews for GT Sport are not good from what I've seen.

Maybe you can hijack you're roomate's xbone to play Forza with us :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

What about a Gumball Rally? That would be fun although it may take up a lot of time some of us don't have.

Maybe cut it down mileage wise.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Does anyone have the Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition? Is it worth $99?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So I just figured out that entire games are downloaded onto the Xbone even if you have a disc for a game. So that means 500gb on an Xbone S will only get me so far, like 4 or 5 games before I have to buy an external drive or something. Also, for my 10 year old son to have his own profile he has to have an email address and registered account. What the gently caress.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Larrymer posted:

Lol, I think you are way overestimating how big most games are. There are exceptions, sure, but in general 500gb should be plenty unless you're an uber nerd.

Well that's just one small issue that could turn into a bigger issue years down the road, but the whole registering my son thing is bullshit and I'm not paying a yearly/monthly fee to play online.

Call me a luddite I suppose, but we play almost entirely offline to begin with, so I don't see the need to go through all of that just for Forza Hot Wheels. iwentdoodie is gonna give me his 360 and I'm sure my son will be more than happy with the latest Forza edition for that, plus the local used game store has shitloads of 360 and PS3 games for almost nothing that will keep my son entertained for years.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I suppose if I was into online gaming it would be worth it but I'm just not. I don't have the time to "build up" characters to even have fun so I just get blown away constantly lol. I tried back in the day with Black Ops and it was an exercise in futility, all these people with crazy medals and weapons and poo poo waiting for you to respawn and cap you off for the 30th time in a row so i got over that real quick.

I've just been beating PS3 games and trading them in, keeping the ones i like and play now and then. Once I get a 360 it will expand the games even more. The local mom and pop store here has a ridiculous selection that can keep me and my son busy for years at $5 to $10 bucks a pop.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

My son has been hooked on Medal of Honor games lately, which is a bit violent for his age, but it has been a great history lesson for him because now he's got tons of questions about WWII and he's learning a lot about it so I'm cool with him shooting Nazis :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Darchangel posted:

Haven't played the new COD WWI

Looks kind of disappointing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_0tGZRy-3E

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just got Need for Speed Most Wanted for the PS3 and it's actually pretty good, lots of cool cars that are available almost right away.

V8 Ariel Atom is a beast.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah I'm kinda surprised by NFS, my son wanted it and i kinda balked at the idea, but turns out it's way more fun than GT which is collecting dust because my son got sick of trying to make money to use the cars he wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just curious, but is there any sort of strategy for multiplayer shooting games other than "get good"?

I swear to god some of these people have some kind of cheat code when they kill me with one shot and I'm unloading with nothing happening, or they are jumping twice as high as me, getting on roofs and in trees that have no access as far as I can tell.

• Locked thread