Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cda

by Hand Knit
“I see good in everybody,” Badu said. “I saw something good in Hitler.”

“Come again?” Marchese said.

“Hitler was a wonderful painter,” Badu replied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wearing a lampshade

Pol pot had a really good slivers deck but he only busted it out when he was playing against someone good

Manifisto

"vlad the impaler?" asked the shish kabob salesman. "awful. horrible. a monster. but," he spread his hands, "you have to admire the artistry"

ty nesamdoom!

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
Mao Zedong: "You think my brainwashing an entire continent was cool? Well check THIS out" (does a backflip into a perfect splits)

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

cda posted:

lol I looked it up and this is real

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
"I don't do head shots. I don't agree with it, don't like 'em. I go for a heart shot, one shot one kill- I always hit what I aim at, and I rarely ever miss. I'm a perfectionist, and my skills require a certain... artistry."

-Cupid

Macnult

cda posted:

“Okay, he was a terrible painter," Badu said. "Poor thing. He had a terrible childhood."

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
That whole interview was genius

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

Macnult posted:

“Okay, he was a terrible painter," Badu said. "Poor thing. He had a terrible childhood."

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
The interviewer was a simpleton regarding Hitler. It's not that Erykah was "operating on a higher moral plane" than him, she answered his questions carefully expressing her own opinion and never implied condoning evil, and basically said 'if you don't know the full stories, there's no point in taking sides.' It owned

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
"Sure, Caligula had a couple of issues, but he seemed alright to me. Marie Antoinette and Catherine the Great, you hear about the bad stuff, the crazy stuff, but you never hear about the good stuff. Napolean too, you know?" Badu continued, her voice echoing oddly throughout the assembly of open mouths, wide in astonishment. Then again, this IS 2018, and anything can happen. A mother bird then flew into the room, and someone- I didn't see who- was fed a worm.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

the unabonger
"why is it that when we talk about the founding fathers, we always bring up that they had slaves?"

Koishi Komeiji

I'm the anti Erykah badu the Eric Goodu if you will, I only see the worst in people. Abraham Lincoln would fart and blame it on the dog and Buddha? Very rude to waiters.

FutonForensic

"Say what you want about Mussolini, but he was really fun to play Ticket to Ride with"

cda

by Hand Knit
The thing that is funny to me, is that she picked something he was notoriously bad at. His paintings sucked

cda

by Hand Knit
Hitler liked dogs. That is a well established fact. Another well established fact: he painted like a dumb rear end

FutonForensic

I stand there by myself, motionless, just staring at the painting. The curator sidles up to me, and gently inquires, "Please, tell me: How does this painting make you feel?"

I turn to her, and solemnly murmur, "It makes me feel like Hitler really sucks at painting, lmao"

Manifisto

I am not totally prepared to give her credit for this (absent more info) but let's put this into context: in the guise of saying something nice she was comparing bill cosby to hitler

ty nesamdoom!

cda

by Hand Knit
She was saying that, like Bill Cosby, Hitler had some good qualities.

cda

by Hand Knit
Which is funnier: putting Hitler in place of Bill Cosby is classic Cosby Show moments, or putting Bill Cosby in place of Hitler in famous photographs of the Third Reich?

Twenty Four

Off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone other then Hitler that single handedly killed off a style of mustache so I guess that is kind of impressive.

Koishi Komeiji

Off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone other then Cosby that single handedly killed off a style of sweater so I guess that is kind of impressive.

Koishi Komeiji

Adolf Hitler, Bill Cosby, both were men that did good things and bad things. When you really stop and think about it they are kinda the same. The truth is in the middle :shrug:

Manifisto

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Adolf Hitler, Bill Cosby, both were men that did good things and bad things. When you really stop and think about it they are kinda the same. The truth is in the middle :shrug:

did u ever consider that maybe they are also different in some respects, such as one of them being a painter. it's important to think before you make blanket statements.

ty nesamdoom!

Twenty Four

*Eats an entire bowl of jello and doesn't even care what anyone thinks*

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Badu

Ba-doobie-du

Macnult

FutonForensic posted:

I stand there by myself, motionless, just staring at the painting. The curator sidles up to me, and gently inquires, "Please, tell me: How does this painting make you feel?"

I turn to her, and solemnly murmur, "It makes me feel like Hitler really sucks at painting, lmao"

UWBW

Permanently banned from the Alamo
Kim Jong Il was actually a pretty decent dungeon master. The only thing holding him back was his Insistence that all players give 100% of their gold to the king after every quest. Very odd.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

cda posted:

The thing that is funny to me, is that she picked something he was notoriously bad at. His paintings sucked

nah, he was a pretty okay painter. no vienna academy of arts level painter, but still

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i always see the average in people, no matter what

cda

by Hand Knit

Nosfereefer posted:

i always see the average in people, no matter what

you're reasonably good at that

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Macnult

Nosfereefer posted:

nah, he was a pretty okay painter. no vienna academy of arts level painter, but still

He was an architect in denial

Macnult

[Michelangelo travels forward in time to review Hitler’s artwork]

“Yep, he’s definitely a German artist” :rolleyes:

Nosfereefer

bush jr is worse at painting than hitler

Scroon

cda posted:

Which is funnier: putting Hitler in place of Bill Cosby is classic Cosby Show moments, or putting Bill Cosby in place of Hitler in famous photographs of the Third Reich?

cda

by Hand Knit

I was hoping this would be done, and I am pleased

Twenty Four

Macnult

Erykah Badu doing nazi salutes and shouting “jello puddin’ pops” for every interview question

funmanguy

What time is it?
Hitler was at the very least, a painter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

I'm sure we can all agree, Hitler was a person.

• Locked thread