Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Oh hey a thing I know about. Look up WeBoost - formerly Wilson. Their used products can be had on ebay for cheap. I have never used their indoor devices but their vehicle boosters are solid as poo poo. They can't make a signal appear where there's none, but if there's anything at all to grab onto and amplify they'll do it. They're universal, all US carriers are covered by their frequency range. It's POSSIBLE some weird regional carrier might stray outside it, but Sprint is definitely covered.

Basements are tricky no matter what. Do you have a window at all? Can you stick an antenna in it? Like not outside, but on a sill or something up against the glass. If not, just as up high as possible might work, on a shelf or something along the outside wall. Physically on your desk wouldn't work due to interference.

I and a bunch of people I know use boosting gear often and literally everyone uses Wilson hardware. I have never even heard of any of the weird single-carrier poo poo linked in this thread. I have a Wilson single-device cradle booster and a big mast antenna meant to be mounted on a semi's mirror bars which I attach to a backpack, and power the whole thing off a USB power bank. It looks dorky as poo poo but for walking around bumfuck nowhere looking for the one spot where the terrain aligns and gives you a shot at a cell tower so you can set up a temporary repeating station, it works amazingly well.

You can't talk on the phone with it though, or at least they tell you not to hold it up to your head. I'm not trying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread