Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
It's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The demo owns. This game seems like it's going to be out of control, I expected the wirebug stuff to be like hunter art frequency but you just fly around the screen constantly dodging and exploding poo poo, it's overwhelming right now but I can't wait to master it all

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I like that the new mounting is somewhere in between old mounting and clutch claw grapple (in terms of frequency, too -- clutch slams and stuff were cool but it felt like you were meant to do them way too often)

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
new hunting horn is so weird but i like it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Haven't tried everything yet but this version of Switch Axe speaks to me

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Looking forward to trying every weapon once and then using hammer for the entire game

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

goferchan posted:

I like that the new mounting is somewhere in between old mounting and clutch claw grapple (in terms of frequency, too -- clutch slams and stuff were cool but it felt like you were meant to do them way too often)

yeah, tenderizing was a neat idea but a pain to keep up. mounting is really fun

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

just spending all of my time with the sns. they removed the twirl infinite combo, but you can pop in a roundslash at any time and in any direction to sort of mimic it... and you can now falling bash straight out of a perfect rush :eyepop:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
its cool in multiplayer to just have another one of your guys riding a different dinosaur and beatingup the dinosaur youre hunting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

its cool in multiplayer to just have another one of your guys riding a different dinosaur and beatingup the dinosaur youre hunting

if you do the wall bash into another monster they get put in the mountable state and you can basically just jump from one to the other it owns

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Nostradingus posted:

Looking forward to trying every weapon once and then using hammer for the entire game

Looking forward to only trying the hunting horn.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

goferchan posted:

Yeah this is exactly what I wanted and I'm glad tenderising is gone

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Horn and hammer are tremendously good yet again

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The blue stuff poggers hype

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

The blue stuff poggers hype

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I didn't play a ton of Generations but I think I like the wirebug charges a lot more than I do the meter as far as a special resource goes. Always having some kind of mobility option is sweet

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
I thought the release date was this month. :negative:

Back to GU for a couple months.

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

This is such an improvement over playing MH on the 3Ds lol.
going to pay 60 eurones for this in March

very nice i like
Jan 8, 2020
Does anyone think it'd be worth waiting for the switch pro to come out for rise? I don't have one yet but am worried about running into joycon issues if I buy current gen

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

very nice i like posted:

Does anyone think it'd be worth waiting for the switch pro to come out for rise? I don't have one yet but am worried about running into joycon issues if I buy current gen

people have been assuming a switch pro has been coming for 4 years

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

very nice i like posted:

Don't wait for hardware that may never exist.

Also the joycon issues have been kind of overblown imo, if you get a recently manufactured switch you should be fine. I got mine about a year after launch, I play almost every day, and I've never had problems with any of my joycons. I could just be very lucky though

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
get a normal switch and a pro controller

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/dinominal/status/1360693756626894855

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Movie leaked, i know what im doing today

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nostradingus posted:

Don't wait for hardware that may never exist.

Also the joycon issues have been kind of overblown imo, if you get a recently manufactured switch you should be fine. I got mine about a year after launch, I play almost every day, and I've never had problems with any of my joycons. I could just be very lucky though
nah it's really bad, my girlfriend got her Switch last year and it has really bad drift on the right stick already. She basically only used it for Animal Crossing lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

yeah the joycons suck and I've had to replace 4 I think so far. But tbf the latest dualshock I got has a drifting right stick so I think manufacturers just dgaf anymore about QA unless you're spending hundreds on the "Elite" controller versions

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

No those drift as well

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I think analog sticks will just drift by nature because youre slamming them to their limits all the time, but you probably cant have a huge deadzone with the tiny switch sticks without losing too much range or something

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

there are at least 4 separate car crash scenes shot from inside the vehicle in the monster hunter movie

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

do the monsters at least look cool/good

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

some of the effects are good and diablos looks good overall, some effects are absolutely garbage (diablos blood) and the bug monsters are stupid because i hate bug monsters.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i mean obviously hopes were never high for quality but why go with such a boring monster as diablos? sure, everyone knows diablos because he's a common skill check but like, why not have rajang just cannonball in from offscreen and beat someone to a pulp WITH the truck?

even a rath* could be a more fun romp for a mindless action flick but they went with diablos

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

There are other monsters including Rath but the first half fo the movie is Diablos and nothing else gets as much screen time

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the fight against diablos is basiclly the high point of the movie IMO

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

yeah the joycons suck and I've had to replace 4 I think so far. But tbf the latest dualshock I got has a drifting right stick so I think manufacturers just dgaf anymore about QA unless you're spending hundreds on the "Elite" controller versions

yeah, i've had to replace joycons as often as dualshock 4s and i think i've used both about the same amount. both for drift.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's more tilting with joycons to me at least because I'm using them to play tetris and every time the stick drifts milliseconds before I hard drop I want to spike these garbage controllers out the window

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I just found out that at some point nintendo added button mapping to the switch settings and while you can't disable the sticks you can set the left stick to act like a right one so that's one possible fix for drift for games that you only want to use the dpad on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Just get WD40 for electronics. Fixed mine immediately.