Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

got to HR in world and getting sucked back in. switch axe is ftw, knocking a monster down and landing the souped up discharge explosion in their head kicks rear end every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ruffini posted:

Just get WD40 for electronics. Fixed mine immediately.

What do you do to fix drift with it, just gently apply around the base of the joystick or open it up?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

What do you do to fix drift with it, just gently apply around the base of the joystick or open it up?

seconding this question.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Apply directly to the stick.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I just put some in my hand and waggle my joystick all night long

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

You just spray the bottom of the joystick and wiggle it around.

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

this might be tech sacrilege but i cleared up my drift with isopropyl alcohol. i just didn't feel like running out to buy that specific wd40 or contact cleaner at the time

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i also fixed mine with isopropyl alcohol, for a while. just put it on q tip and clean the stick thoroughly. that did the trick for a while, and in the end the cleanup only resulting in around 15 minutes of play without drift. so i just ordered a set of replacement parts with tools for real cheap and switched out the joystick. it was incredibly easy and it works like a charm. if that starts to fail i'll just swap out the joystick again, since i got several parts.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

but this is exactly why i can't comprehend getting a switch lite

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bolverkur posted:

but this is exactly why i can't comprehend getting a switch lite

Genuinely can't believe the lite has drift lol, I just figured they had to have fixed it by the time they released that

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm not entirely sure it does. At least not to a significant degree.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i hope not. just the thought of it makes me too sad.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

cant wait to be crippled by the choice of mhrise weapon. they all look and feel so good now.

in the end i think the obvious choice is horn followed by rotating through every other weapon

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I don't like the new horn but I hope others enjoy it.. was one of my fave weapons in GU though

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i didn't get the play the demo of rise, does it still have the cool sliding hammer attack?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Lib and let die posted:

i didn't get the play the demo of rise, does it still have the cool sliding hammer attack?

it does, and it's a silkbind attack now, so you can do it whenever you want

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna start with Switch Axe because it was fun in the demo, but I know before long i'll be back to dumping hundreds of hours into Charge Blade.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I flipped a lot between the hammer and lance in world, bonking and blocking are my favorite things to do

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Kinda interested in trying Switch Axe this time too... been a Lance main since Tri but I got into the Charge Blade with 4 and the GS with World, might be time to mix it up a bit again.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rise looks so cool. i loved the demo and all the changes they made. i was playing with a buddy and he mined ore and all of the ore instantly went in his pocket on one hit and he yelled YEEEESS over the mic

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

forward jumping with the wirebugs feels really good on Gunlance and is a happy medium between just shuffling forward or using Blast Dash if you need to slam right away

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
horn forever

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I like the horn but I feel like I'm doing it dirty using it as a mostly solo player

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/1362310887948705797?s=20

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

sword and shield always. the stylish bombing stuff was before my time, but with the new wirebug bomb attacks...

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I would buy a Monster Hunter game where you just pit monsters against each other and watch them fight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nostradingus posted:

I would buy a Monster Hunter game where you just pit monsters against each other and watch them fight

I think that's what stories is but it's apparently not great. Maybe 2 will be better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

cant wait to be crippled by the choice of mhrise weapon. they all look and feel so good now.

in the end i think the obvious choice is horn followed by rotating through every other weapon

The new horn is lame. I hate it.