Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the Iceborne balance changes will mean the lovely zorah magdaros sections will be, with the proper skills equipped, slightly less lovely. but it’s a while til February

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

the Iceborne balance changes will mean the lovely zorah magdaros sections will be, with the proper skills equipped, slightly less lovely. but it’s a while til February

heavy artillery lvl 2 doubling cannon/wyvernstake damage will turn those into 4 minute fights thankfully.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

I think so, but, I also really like replaying games from the start

Same. I wanna start again even after 200 hours but the thought of doing all the grindy poo poo I’ve done again prevents me.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I have all the decos I want now and I don’t want to do that ever again. Still have 8 of every other hero streamstone and have only ever gotten one hammer hero and warrior atreamstone. I don’t want to say it but the desire sensor is real.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
my logic is that the game is easy enough that I dont really need to go crazy w/ getting skills and charms maxed out. I’ve definitely tried rerunning quests and doing melding stuff to get decorations, and its never worth the time

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

grank might make all that stuff obsolete and probably introduce new endgame stuff to work towards, or a hunter can hope at least. if they do this id totally start over with all the changes and new mons

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm staying strong waiting for PC by gettin back to GU and trying to do 100% village, which I won't finish by January anyway.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
excited to eventually get back to my quest to solo all of MHGU’s G-Rank. G4 is really nuts

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in mhx there were endgame missions to take on super versions of other monsters, and the first one was the bunny thing. and I thought "ok a harder version of the bunny shouldn't be bad"

cut to me getting earthquaked to death by a gigantic groundstomping monster that never stopped shooting around like a big round bullet, randomly throwing giant iceballs everywhere, I think I hit it like two times between my three deaths

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

my logic is that the game is easy enough that I dont really need to go crazy w/ getting skills and charms maxed out. I’ve definitely tried rerunning quests and doing melding stuff to get decorations, and its never worth the time

Ahh, I have the other brain worm where I have to do that stuff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I installed the deco mod on PC and now I have everything I could ever want. While still having an excuse to grind decos. And get all the AT armor.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

net cafe scandal posted:

Is this game fun to replay from the start. Might get on PC

Just started this tonight, once you get through the tutorial you breeze past the quests.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Anyone get iceborne for PS4

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Oh poo poo, that’s out now :staredog:

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

Anyone get iceborne for PS4

yes. it's good

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

musclebusiness posted:

yes. it's good

i agree. i've only had time to do 3 hunts because they last like 30+ minutes now but i very much enjoy the claw for chasing hits. excited to really dive in and see the other changes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

anyone in master rank? do old monsters have new behaviors?

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

extremebuff posted:

anyone in master rank? do old monsters have new behaviors?
mr. urugaan is insane

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm waiting for PC like a sir.

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

i agree. i've only had time to do 3 hunts because they last like 30+ minutes now but i very much enjoy the claw for chasing hits. excited to really dive in and see the other changes

master rank feels like running a group is generally better. having 4 semi-competent hunters is enough to score tons of KOs(i think they lowered the thresholds) and flinch shots for big damage openings

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I'm waiting for PC like a sir.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

One of the new elder dragons took me 49 minutes to kill, I've never been so relieved to see a monster die

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

the master bang upgrades into the legendary bang

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

musclebusiness posted:

the master bang upgrades into the legendary bang

Bang means sex.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I found the gold tracks, I talked to the admiral, I read the tutorial about starting the Kulve siege mission. For some reason it just doesn't show up as an option when I talk to the quest lady in the hub. Been trying to look this problem up and can't find any information about it. Has anyone else had this problem?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Its been a while since I played, but that quest is only available sometimes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can only accept/join it in the gathering hub ship and you need 4 to 12 people to do it, it's one of the very few online only hunts

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

In Training posted:

You can only accept/join it in the gathering hub ship and you need 4 to 12 people to do it, it's one of the very few online only hunts

Oh like I need a squad for the option to show up? Oh well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No you can do it solo it would just take hours.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

this game blows buffaloo diharrea from a donkeys rear end in a top hat

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Now that Iceborne's PC release is getting closer, I'm finding that I'm not very excited for it. Hearing that hunts are taking 40-50 minutes again is sort of killing my interest.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

Hello, this game :troll:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

a good quote, where I remember to hop once, sideways

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Now that Iceborne's PC release is getting closer, I'm finding that I'm not very excited for it. Hearing that hunts are taking 40-50 minutes again is sort of killing my interest.

i extremely hype for it. but i doubt hunts are actually taking 50 minutes, the end game power level in HR world was really ridiculous, im sure it will get only more bloated and stupid in G rank.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Definitely hype for some of those badass new armors and fighting Barioth again. And you're right, hunts will probably drop to a normal length once I get better gear and get used to fighting MR monsters.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
The first handful will take a long time until you get some of the new decorations and gear. Afterwards it tapers back to normal.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Fantastic Flyer posted:

*glancing at controller next to pc* they're console players haha

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
also the layout of the gathering hub makes everything more efficient since you can access all the different vendors and blacksmith without traveling.

if anything the game moves much faster. Just your first few hunts without MR gear will be slow.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

also the layout of the gathering hub makes everything more efficient since you can access all the different vendors and blacksmith without traveling.

holy poo poo thank god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
there's almost zero reason to leave the gathering hub now. plus no elevation changes and all the vendors are right next to each other. you can restock whatever you feel like, check new recipes at the blacksmith, swap your loadout in just a few seconds. there's also multiple chests all within 10 seconds of each other so you really speed through the "not killing monsters" parts