Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

I'm glad this looks great but also still bummed and salty they did this instead of something for Switch. Guess I'll get it when it comes out on pc

they did something for switch but the geniuses at capcom wont let it leave japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

mandatory quests are clearly marked,

drat maybe i need to renew ps plus

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

what the gently caress you would hunt another human being you sick gently caress

Humanity is the real monster

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm still waiting for pc...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I dreamt all night that I was playing this. Nothing even unusual in the dream just killing basic jaggies. I need the pc release nao.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It’s gonna be awesome playing with my imp bros and Chinese hackers on pc. Not. loving moron.

I dont have ps plus.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica...er%3D45%23pti33

The frugal gamer beings his wait anew...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

luckily the last MH i played was 4U so Im still untainted

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PC version is coming out AUgust 9th. Bump!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This gamer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm excited to finally play this tomorrow and I hope it's not hosed up or broken

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Made my hunter look perpetually stoned bc it looks funny in cutscenes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

Enjoy all the unskippable cutscens forced slow walking segments and the guide lady getting in trouble and having to rescue her

I can see why the west finally loves monster hunter now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game is soooooo sick. Is there a way to do like an Imp guild for the pc people are do you just have to invite people when they're online to private rooms.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been playing since it came out and it's been working great.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Constant 60fps, and theres no day 1 online gently caress ups, I've been jumping into SOS's and had some people respond to my own. Spent some time making a full Jag armor set bc I liked the look of it. The only thing I don't like so far is the weird restrictions around when people can join the story quests, it feels like they couldn't find a way to do like, shared cutscenes or something and just put in some hosed up workaround.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Btw I'm a dual blade main atm. Used hunting horn in 4u and wanted something snappier. I saw a dude using a huge katana looking thing that seemed badass, I wanna try out like all the weapons.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also worth noting that I've been playing using a Switch Pro Controller and it's had no controller issues either. Tbh this is one of the smoothest PC releases I've seen in ages, glad they took the months to nail it all down.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Servers went down

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gotta have all that great lore like There's an enormous monster over there. and Wow! loook at the size of that monster

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

yeah I havent had an issue with capcom games (outside of dmc3 but thats ancient history) but you never know.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Going to grind out the electric flying squirrel bc the armor is cool and I want electric twin blades

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Control Volume posted:

Just be aware that youll have to do this all again when you want the high level squirrel armor, in case you think youll get tired of killing squirrels

I only had to kill the squirrel 3 times to get everything thanks to the investigations system guaranteeing you like 4 extra drops each time too. And I tried out some different weapons to boot. I'm gonna be swapping between dual blades and long blade I think, the long blade spirit combos are loving cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:cool:

now its time to hunt an anjanath

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

groups dont work on PC it seems, you just have to join people's sessions.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It seems like 80% of the people I run into in sos flares use dual blades I guess it's the noob weapon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I reached the first elder god quest or whatever where you have to shoot cannons from a mountain, by osmosis I remember people bitching about these but I'll see what they're like after dinner

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It was pretty cool when Solaire showed up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my favorite monster was the electric flying squirrel but now its the adorable fuzzy puffy cheeked wind maniac that looks like a pikmin enemy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got 4 electro sacs at once from a investigation today and drat near blew the roof off.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The odogaron hosed me up, bleed is a brutal status effect to get hit with when solo hunting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love watching the monsters before they battle, they have a ton of animations for them wandering around, drinking water, sniffing carcasses etc that you probably never see since you're there to carve

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like that barroth keeps showing up in cutscenes or during hunts to job for new monsters

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i failed my first quest...the diablos charge pwnd my rear end.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can hunt a behemoth

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PC Gaming FTW. Every negative review has tens of hours and something like Can't hit 60fps on my 2-screen 4K setup. Capcucks loving us again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Reached the second Shoot a cannon at the enormous monster for 20 minutes while cutscenes play quest. How many of these are there before they unlock the postgame, whatever it's called in this. The G rank stuff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When the nergigante showed up I was climbing somewhere completely different and scaled it for a while before trying to make my way back to the nergigante and halfway there it just got Driven Away by something and the mission just progressed anyway lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Indeed it has, I just opened up High Rank after that. gently caress yes!!!!! Guess its time to play this game forever now.