Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Im buying this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The modern method would be releasing monster hunter world ultimate with a discount for previous owners.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

This is the first monster hunter game Ive really gotten into but thats because I can control the camera

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I guess you could with the 3DS too but using the little nub made my hands hurt after about 15 minutes

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Okay the only monster I feel bad for in this series is Paolumu. He’s adorable

I hate him and go out of my way to kill him in unrelated quests

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Every so often after a monster runs away and Im sharpening my weapon and getting ready for the next round, Ill see a couple notifications pop up about broken parts and then see an anjanath or something casually trot away from the area. Im waiting for the day a monster finishes the job for me.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwTOwehZhpo

This sort of brutal, visceral death scene really adds a somber note to the media we consume

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

apropos to nothing posted:

the burnout series is agitprop for the fossil fuel industry and basically just serves to further climate change denial

absolutely anything posted:

the "boost meter" is a perfect encapsulation for our nation's attitude towards fossil fuels, with every gleeful press of the "a button" igniting a fire that speeds both the player and our planet towards danger

[forcing a smile and trying not to break my controller] Ha ha good jokes everyone. A fffffffun time had by all lol.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I had to google how to do the wyvern egg quest and saw a lot of guides saying "Oh its in zone 16, you want to find something in zone 17 first" and was really confused because I completely missed a big chunk of the map while trying to fully explore it. This game rules

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Odogaron rolls over for greatswords because of how consistent his attack rhythm is, and most of his attacks use his head so when you tackle through them, he usually gets stunned out of the move with his face right in front of you

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Diabolos can suck every dick though

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The lance isnt as flashy as any other weapon Ive tried but theres a certain satisfaction when you never have to stop attacking until the monster runs away

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

cool tip: press the start button to skip the 10 second long cinematic camera pan that happens when you capture or kill a monster

If you go to the handler for quests, you can also press L2 to speed up the book opening animation

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Also you can definitely get gems from capturing, I have two that were explicit capture rewards

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

There are 9 7-star rathalos sidequests wtf

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

You can fire the slinger while knocked on the ground :psyduck:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

[unsheathes my katana]

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/xnaga_mk2/status/962894193218658304

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Finally beat this last night, the last boss really sucked but every other monster is really fun to fight

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I purposely carted to go get flash pods and a flashfly cage because he did nothing but fly around for 5 mintues straight, just to find out flash doesnt work on him

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

the real boss for me was not unplugging my ps4 and throwing it in a garbage bin during the long cutscene at teh start of seven star hunts followed by a Walk Slowly While Talking So I Can't Evenn Take A poo poo While its Happening tour with the handler and the admiral

Thats an easy one if you know what youre doing. First , you prepare by going and taking a poo poo beforehand,

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

i don't want to watch it tho

[looking up from my list of tutorials and optimal strategies with bewilderment] uhhh. Second, you want to hold the analog stick forward.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Just wait until he befriends a girros, monsters stop being able to move.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3urVdpCZV0A

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

In Training posted:

I'm still waiting for pc...

The patient gamer loses again

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Sidemain a greatsword because it clowns on kirin

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Yes although the Elders Recess is lame and the monsters in it are as well.

net cafe scandal posted:

I also have no motivation to fight Nergigante since I know his armor is lame looking from peoples guild cards.

"..."

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The Jagras greatsword is one of the best weapons in the game...

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Oh I thought you were talking about rarity 6 in general

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Im also going to buy the one on the switch

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Is the PC port on this solid?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Hell yeah. Time to throw more money at capcom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

In Training posted:

Going to grind out the electric flying squirrel bc the armor is cool and I want electric twin blades

Just be aware that youll have to do this all again when you want the high level squirrel armor, in case you think youll get tired of killing squirrels