Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm finally going to buy this. Is there any point buying the expansion straight away or is it a sitch where there's 3000 hours of content before you even touch icebourne stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

You can just do base game for now, theres a fuckton of content and the addition of clutch claw will help keep all the G rank versions of the base game monsters fresh when you buy Iceborne

I did this, thank you. Icebourne tripled the price lol.

Also I just spent two hours testing the different weapons and I can't pick two to main. Insect glaive is a lot of fun and switch axe seems entertaining but its combos are a bit weird... dual daggers maybe

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I would go hunting horn but I used it all through 4U and as a Scot I feel self conscious about playing up to stereotypes.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm mostly using switch axe now, the great jaggi one seems incredible for early game and I found insect glaive just a bit weak for single player... Can imagine the clouds and healing are really good for mp though. Are there guilds or clans or anything or do you just join friends manually? I want to get some imp hunts if there are PC peeps here.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I guess they've opened up all the rotational/time limited events for quarantine people because I just beat Xeno and have a million weird popups to hang out with Geralt and Moogles and take on a weird raid to fight a giant gold dragon lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

To be honest I only reached high rank like last week so I'm just going to spend a wee while enjoying vanilla endgame stuff before going back to Bone armour again lol. Still need to hunt a bunch of the optional HR monsters since I focused on finishing the story first

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

World end game optiinalnstuff was garbage.
Yeah I quickly realised that and moved on to ib since the festival had started anyway. Expansion owns

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

can't wait to get back into this game and pwn a large fire-breathing dragon

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Tonfa? I hardly knew 'er!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

most of the later fights in iceborne need as many knockdowns as possible to be manageable so its best to get good as hell at that slam or just start bringing a good mantle to get free ones
I like the clutch claw a lot but it gets repetitive having to constantly slam/weaken in the endgame. Probably a feature that should be heavily pared back if it returns in future but it's so fun to use that I'd miss it if it were taken out entirely

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

goferchan posted:

I like that the new mounting is somewhere in between old mounting and clutch claw grapple (in terms of frequency, too -- clutch slams and stuff were cool but it felt like you were meant to do them way too often)
Yeah this is exactly what I wanted and I'm glad tenderising is gone

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nostradingus posted:

Don't wait for hardware that may never exist.

Also the joycon issues have been kind of overblown imo, if you get a recently manufactured switch you should be fine. I got mine about a year after launch, I play almost every day, and I've never had problems with any of my joycons. I could just be very lucky though
nah it's really bad, my girlfriend got her Switch last year and it has really bad drift on the right stick already. She basically only used it for Animal Crossing lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ruffini posted:

Just get WD40 for electronics. Fixed mine immediately.

What do you do to fix drift with it, just gently apply around the base of the joystick or open it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bolverkur posted:

but this is exactly why i can't comprehend getting a switch lite

Genuinely can't believe the lite has drift lol, I just figured they had to have fixed it by the time they released that