Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the burnout series is agitprop for the fossil fuel industry and basically just serves to further climate change denial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the monsters in monster hunter are jungian manifestations of the players own psyche. the radobaan is a giant horned creature that rolls around in its own filth - encapsulating the sad, pathetic, forever filthy and tragically horny 20-something gamer. the pukei pukei spits poison and flies away, like the proverbial "gater" of the gamer gate affair: all to happy to post poisonous online diatribes only to then disappear while everyone else cleans up the mess. the paolumu is some kind of hosed up bat.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

R. Guyovich posted:

dual blades. doing the full demon mode midair cartwheel over a monster is so satisfying

ya i tried using the longsword bow and insect glaive for a little bit but dual blades just wrecks everything

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
odogaron has been one of the easier monsters for me using dual blades

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
just beat nergigante

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
you kill the monsters but then you load the quest back up and theyre alive again

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the bazelgeuse showing up all the time and loving with me is a pain in the rear end but its theme song is freaking epic :stare:

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
yeah ive killed him a bunch, just obnoxious when im trying to farm monsters and kill them asap so i can make the weapon/armor i want, biut the theme song owns so its a trade off

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the insect glaive is great but not sure whether to build towards crit chance, damage, or air attack/mounting

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the real last boss is tempered kirin

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the unskippable cutscenes and story of the game are massive fails. but, the rest of the game is epic win. in conclusion, monster hunter world is a land of contrasts

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
kirin is a fun fight cause its different and unique but the tempered one basically one shots you with its attacks and too many of its attacks are randomly placed lightning bolts so it sucks rear end

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
ive just been doing sos investigations and learning how to use weapons i never touched before cause theyre all fun and like playing a different game

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
thats one aspect of MH i dont like too much. the tempered monsters are basically just the normal ones but theirmoves do way more damage so all the elder dragosn ahve moves that one shot you. theyre all telegraphed ok (except kirin) but i much prefer if they did a little more damage but had more health too and were just more aggressive overall. basically i like the kind of step up in difficulty between normal diablos and black diablos versus the kind of step up in difficulty between nergigante and tempered nergigante

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
yeah I basically binged through it over the last 2 months and now am taking a break but will come back to it in a little bit. gonna do a ds3 or bloodborne palate cleanse first. also was playing into the breach some which is also some major win

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
all the weapons are fun. dual blades is easy, insect glaive is a bit harder to use but really fun and it’s a little more forgiving on monsters that fly too much cause you can do jump attacks on them

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
im excited for the new monster hunter game

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
i really hope they stop trying to give mh a story, it sucks so bad just let me kill the monsters

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

In Training posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzMj6q0CebY

mh rise gameplay. looks gently caress awesome.

looks perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

elf help book posted:

Resident Evil Hank