Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm glad this looks great but also still bummed and salty they did this instead of something for Switch. Guess I'll get it when it comes out on pc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

goferchan posted:

It would be hard to play MHXX knowing this exists honestly

Yea I'm kind of feeling like if they put out something more of an incremental upgrade to Generations or XX on Switch I'm still gonna want to play this. I know it's kinda console warsy but I would have liked to play the good new monster hunter on a portable system even if they had to gimp it a bit. Maybe they'll do like a downgraded Monster Hunter Land, who knows.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

Whereas the game not being on console has kept a lot of people from playing it. I bought a 3ds just to play 4 and huddling over a tiny screen at home with a big tv sitting there doing nothing sucks.

The switch obviously being both would be the best solution, but a proper “good” console release will hopefully do wonders for this franchise.

Oh for sure, that's the exact reason I was hoping the NX would be what the Switch is.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

the interconnected zones are cool but like 90% of the good new qol stuff isn't technically demanding at all and should have been there a decade ago!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Squeezy Farm posted:

the 2nd or 3rd to last one in the bone tree has blue sharpness and attack up L.

and lyle is right always hit the monster in the head or legs with your notes and rehearsals. get evade+ skills and get up in that rear end larry

its so loving baller when you achieve mastery at this, the horn and hunter become one performing a beautiful melody of bongos or electric guitar between a dragons legs

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

wf there is an electric guitar in this game? look like i know what imn trying after Long Sword

There might not be, there was in 4 and I think 3 tho

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Is zinogre in this thing

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

cool tip: press the start button to skip the 10 second long cinematic camera pan that happens when you capture or kill a monster

I put like 100 hours into 4U before I learned this, even though there's an onscreen prompt every time

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Is anyone playing this on a lovely rig, I haven't updated my pc in years because I don't really use it much and I have a 750 ti which I think is actually below the listed minimum specs for this game.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

Have you considered upgrading to a ps4

I am a casual who can't afford a console right now I might just get the dumb switch game when that comes out this month

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

extremebuff posted:

dude a pc upgrade is gonna cost you more than a ps4 lol

Sorry meant to convey that I am not upgrading my pc nor getting a ps4 so I am probably not playing MH World

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Ristolaz posted:

tasteuh my glaive

lol

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

My major monhun complaint is that there are 14 weapons including two things that turn into axes but there isn't just a loving axe weapon. I wanna swing around an axe like a loving lumberjack without having to charge it up first or turn it into a sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

extremebuff posted:

there are some hammers that look like axes.

This is true. There are also hunting horns that look like axes such as the zinogre electric guitar. I also am following like four threads that are talking about monhun and got this confused with one of the ones that aren't about world so I apologize to you all