Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Psycho Landlord posted:

You'd be surprised how many people loved the Nid Retribution campaign. There's pretty big demand for just being the alien gribblies creating outside context problems for everyone else's plot.

I loved it for that reason, yeah. Sometimes you just want to play the giant horde of ravenous bugs eating everything. No fancy characters, no conflicted and tragic backstory, no melodrama, just nom nom nom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I mean, I agreed that 'nids are fine for a paint the map campaign? It's just that story campaigns inevitably add nuance and characters to a side, which the Tyranids are distinctly lacking in any capacity. Like, I didn't call the DoW campaign dumb because you were playing the 'nids and eating everything, I called it dumb because it added all the talking bits, both between the hive mind and the player, and mocking other races. That's just not something they DO - they move into a system, eat everything, and move on. You don't talk with your food, even to mock it, and this isn't loving Starcraft Zerg with weird talking bits for the swarm.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I think the nids campaign is purely there because it's a new interesting race with absolutely unique mechanics and people will want to spend hours messing around with them so why not give them an extended skirmish game and call it a campaign. They could add so many more campaigns via DLC though, literally just add one for every SM chapter, orks, chaos, tau, all 3 eldar fleets, ad mech--i'd buy them all if they were reasonably priced.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
One thing I kinda wanted was a set of single-player challenges. Say, you find yourself confronting the Conqueror or Endurance as the Chaos challenge - just one absolutely gigantic ship for you to design and take a fleet against, with race-specific dialogue.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It's kind of cute. :3:
https://twitter.com/BFG_Armada/status/1043145322665373697

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
I don't know if we needed a swimming animation for that spacecraft really

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Don't question evil space squid whales.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Beautiful.

I'll never not love bio-organic technology.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Feast on it all with Nids & Friends (the friends are more Nids)!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

my dad posted:

Don't question evil space squid whales.

We're playing the Dishonoured series?!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Well, craftworld eldar were my jam in TT and I really liked the 1st game, will be getting this for sure.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

In keeping with the new lore my eldar will fly the flag of Denny's, dark god of middling breakfast chains

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I just hope multiplayer is done better this time.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Angry Lobster posted:

I just hope multiplayer is done better this time.

Depends. If your problem was having to grind levels to unlock new units and abilities then it's gone completely.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

Well, craftworld eldar were my jam in TT and I really liked the 1st game, will be getting this for sure.

I don't know, I like craftworld Eldar too, but I don't like multiplayer, so without a campaign I would just waste my money in this case. I'll wait for an Eldar-DLC or something.

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007

Mordja posted:

Depends. If your problem was having to grind levels to unlock new units and abilities then it's gone completely.

The biggest problem was finding an opponent.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Open Beta when? I'm getting impatient!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Dev Diary 2: Lore and Story

Takes place during and after the Gathering Storm storyline.
3 campaigns: Imperium (Admiral Spire from 1 is warp-shenaniganed to the current date and is told to retake the ruins of Cadia), Necron (Amarkun the Gatherer is trying to awaken tomb worlds but the other races get in his way and Trazyn keeps offering 'advice'), and Tyranid (narrative elements come from the reactions of other races).

Technowolf fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 9, 2018

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Sounds awesome, loving the idea of Trazyn being an annoying as hell advisor!

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Technowolf posted:

(narrative elements come from the reactions of other races).

"ARGH, I am being eaten. Let me write this down quick"

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

my dad posted:

It's probably closer to human pleading for his life insists the people on the neighboring world are far tastier than him. Curious the hive fleet decides to eat that world next instead of 2 or 3 worlds down the line. Or maybe it will be branching story lines where you can choose to believe him and eat him anyways. Or not believe him and eat him anyways. Like a good telltale game.

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010
There's 4 campaigns right? They're obviously keeping the "Adventures of Kaptain Bluddflagg" a secret for now. :v:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Gejnor posted:

Sounds awesome, loving the idea of Trazyn being an annoying as hell advisor!

Trazyn just keeps on wanting to sidetrack the campaign to a random planet on the side that might have goodies

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Falcorum posted:

There's 4 campaigns right? They're obviously keeping the "Adventures of Kaptain Bluddflagg" a secret for now. :v:

No, they've consistently said there's only going to be three.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Cythereal posted:

No, they've consistently said there's only going to be three.

Riggght:wink: only da three :orks101: :orks101: :orks101: :airquote:campaigns:airquote: and one :orks: orky disagreement with the new other races. Most civil of disagreement.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
3 campaigns

1 WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

my dad posted:

"These aliens shall be known as: The SPACE BUGS OF DEATH."

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Sazabi posted:

Like a good telltale game.

There's a good one?!

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Nickiepoo posted:

There's a good one?!

The borderlands one is actually pretty good according to my friend. Unless you absolutely hated all the borderlands humor. Which was garbage pop culture references at least 65% of the time. But solid the rest.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sazabi posted:

The borderlands one is actually pretty good according to my friend. Unless you absolutely hated all the borderlands humor. Which was garbage pop culture references at least 65% of the time. But solid the rest.

I have played that one and yes, yes it was good, in fact it kind of out staged Borderlands with better jokes and a much better story.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
https://twitter.com/BFG_Armada/status/1052235219263258624
Hope you can bring it into multiplayer...

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Watch it be marked in Ultramarines colors like the occasional appearance of Space Marine ships in the first game's campaign.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Ultramarines are already getting Macragge's Honour, Guilliman's. Gloriana class flagship.
These giant super ships are almost certainly going to be campaign only.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I expected the Phalanx to be bigger honestly.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Angry Lobster posted:

I expected the Phalanx to be bigger honestly.

Yeah, it's described as being the size of a moon in the Horus Heresy books.

That being said, the trailer mentions that the Phalanx is currently orbiting Terra...

Oh lordy, is the Tyranid finale going to be eating Terra?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Technowolf posted:

Dev Diary 2: Lore and Story

Takes place during and after the Gathering Storm storyline.
3 campaigns: Imperium (Admiral Spire from 1 is warp-shenaniganed to the current date and is told to retake the ruins of Cadia), Necron (Amarkun the Gatherer is trying to awaken tomb worlds but the other races get in his way and Trazyn keeps offering 'advice'), and Tyranid (narrative elements come from the reactions of other races).

Heck yeah, hope they keep the same VA. Spire was good. Also super glad to hear about the reduced number of skills/centralisation of them and the switch to Stances + Orders, and boarding being made much more interesting. I'm glad my solution of "autocast everything" isn't going to be a thing anymore.

January can't come soon enough.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

Yeah, it's described as being the size of a moon in the Horus Heresy books.

To be fair, there are some really tiny moons around, if you look at the outer system.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Libluini posted:

To be fair, there are some really tiny moons around, if you look at the outer system.

pretty sure its a common assertion in scifi that Luna is extremely unusual because of its size.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
They just announced two preorder betas.

The first will be mp only in early December for a week or two. The second will start on January and run until launch and will include partial versions of two of the campaigns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Why so late? I thought open beta was supposed to start in September?