Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I'll join as long as I'm not both playing in FFVII and also moderating FSN mafia at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Can I be the incorrigible flirt with a heart of gold?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
##nominate Bifauxnen

I think Bifauxnen is a good leader and person

*blushes*

*hides behind corner*

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

GeneX posted:

##vote Cat

Reprisal.

Also, because she’s demonstrably willing to put way too much effort into every game: I nominate Bifauxnen for President.

*Glare*

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

goddamn just look at all these scumclaims falling at my feet

##Vote Jafarnold

It's okay Bif, you can do whatever you want.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
It's 1am.

Night night thread chan!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

I love talking with fellow humans!

I'm a human!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

Greetings fellow human, why do you wish to nominate a human who has expressed the human emotion of reluctance towards this position of social authority?

*blush*

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

is this the human programming convention known as a "flag"?

I..

I..

Ijustthinkyoudbeamazingasclasspresidentwithoutpeopleunderminingyou!

*runs away *

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Tired Moritz posted:

ill throw my vote to anyone to tell me who is the best disney character

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Let pera deal with the lurkers.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

You should join my club

What is your club's stance on senpais?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
About to sleep.

I will count the nominations for candidates as at 7pm EST tomorrow and narrow the votes down to two candidates. I'll do another count the day after just before deadline at the same time.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Bif senpai did the vote instead of me?

Perhaps she didn't notice me trying.

That's okay though. She'll notice my next post.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

I did notice, but I also noticed you were about to go to sleep! So I did the count so we wouldn't have to wait for you to wake up and we could hopefully get right down to the runoff vote.

Bif senpai, I’m sure you can do any job better than me! A while ago I saw you talking with the student council and I was so impressed! Documents detailing every aspect of school life were everywhere, only you somehow knew where everything was! You knew every aspect of what you were talking about. Someone else couldn’t manage that! Try as they might they’d get confused. To deal with anything like that is phenomenal and I’m so amazed! Hurting as much as I do from being ignored, you still manage to make it better, just by being you!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

kinda surprised at how much bif is posting

This is the single weirdest post in Mafia history.

Bif-sempai always puts in a gigantic number of posts in every game!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
I can imagine that the game is setup in such a way that were town to elect a scum president it wouldn't be absolutely crippling.

I feel like more than anything, decision paralysis over the president thing is going to distract away from scumhunting until it's actually resolved.

It's why I made an attempt to do it as soon as the night opened. Bif co-opted that and I was happy enough to let it happen as the reasoning for the acceleration was basically sound. But now that we have the clarification I think we should probably reset and have open nominations before narrowing down to a runoff.

What I'll suggest is that we have nominations open until around 7am EST tomorrow (this is when I'll be able to collate votes quickly and easily) and then have a runoff until deadline around 7pm EST tomorrow.

If people object to that please do, but if I don't get significant resistance I'll make a post declaring nominations open in around 20 minutes (2pm EST).

If people object to me basically nominating myself commissioner of this election then feel free, but please please do not set up a new vote or new voting criteria.

I'll recuse myself from nomination to maintain at least some impartiality.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Mafia edit: Beginning of the day, not beginning of the night obvs.

I mean it was night in London when I posted?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Dead Cow posted:

##nominate No One ever

I refuse to give anyone powers

I will also accept this as an option and if it gets enough votes will be considered as one of the runoff candidates.

Should nobody win I will reopen a vote the next day along the same lines.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
It is now 2pm EST

I haven't had any objections. I realise the time period for them was short, my apologies, but the time period for actually getting this poo poo done is also short.

Free Nominations are Open, until 7am EST tomorrow freely ##nominate your preferred candidate.

You may ##nominate nobody if you do not want a player to be voted president today.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Nominations prior to this series of posts will be discounted. Please renominate if you did so before.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

50 pounds of bread posted:

##appoint 50 pounds of bread.

So you are aware, I am not considering this to be a nomination as ##nominate is the only syntax I'll accept.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Vote switching is fine.

I'm on a Friday night out, so I'm going to be quiet.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Hey all, looks like I'll be getting back home a little later than planned. I imagine that I'll be able to collate votes at 8am EST. Nominations are open till then.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Round 1 Nominations are Over

The two choices that remain are:

1. 50 pounds of Bread with12 votes

2. Noone with 2 votes

Please revote before 7pm EST today for your preference of these two options. To vote type in ##nominate and then either 50 pounds or noone/nobody/no preference. Votes for other candidates will now be discounted.

I apologise for the delay on this. Some really heavy poo poo hit me this morning when I was away from my computer and I had to deal with it.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Fine since Chic and Asiina are both good with 50 I'm taking the stance that we have an effective supermajority and 50 wins.

Congratulations president Bread.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
But I don't want to be murdered for lurking when I spent all of yesterday organising a vote!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Do you have to join a club or can you just ignore them?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
I don't have an explicit win condition. But I can definitely lose the game.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

huh, I wonder what makes you say that? I don't have anything one way or the other.

If I had to guess what my wincon is, it might involve meeting some cute boysgirls

I'm not disclosing more, even for you Bif senpai.

..I'msosorrybutIdon'twanttolie.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

GulagDolls posted:

asiinas probably town, just trash

id vote nat20 because i want to see whatever their flip is and they've not been good this game. almost no game-related posts at all, just poo poo related to trying to run a fraud election, and then take credit for it (the fake fraud election)

genex bad, tried to push dead cow based on faulty logic and timeline-r history . very rude, asking people for reads WITHOUT GIVING HIS

flerp needs to be vigged

i thought bminus was town but he essentially seems to form reads completely randomly and arbritrarily. idk. maybe thats his brand.

is pmush even still in this video game. where is merk. let him have the spot.

You know if I hadn't recused myself I would have claimed that 50's role was fake right? It's so amazingly stupid that people saw "Cop, but I will never tell you results" and said to themselves "Seems legit!"

I just see no reason to be salty after a vote didn't go my way.

I mean I've had enough of that in real life to be honest.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Also I'm going to be honest, while FF is open I'm going to be disengaged here. When it closes I can pay closer attention here.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
It's what I'd do.

Like one member of the team for multiple mislynches and the ability to set rules to disadvantage town?

Sign me the gently caress up.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Asiina posted:

Why would it be multiple mislynches? We can still kill his scumbuddies even if he's president. It's not protecting the whole team.

There are a whole bunch of rules we don't know about. Like apparently 50 invented the clubs? But even with a nebulous concept of what the president's power is, I'd still put myself on a clock to be unkillable scum for multiple days.

You act like this is some sort of outlandish gambit when it's really not. Not everyone who plays scum is going to play a cautious game with it.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Also lol at the people who think a postcount floor of 60 by D3 is reasonable in a mafia game. Good lord I hope you guys never mod anything.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Scumpicks are 50 Pounds and B-minus

50 Pounds because his role is obviously a lie.

B-minus for "at least 60 posts" because this screams of someone who knows scum postcounts and knows that high volume rules will wipe out most of town.

I'd probably have fingered Gulag ahead of B-minus but I like that he thinks 50's claim is bullshit.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Token Female posted:

I would be happy voting for following in no particular order:

Natural 20: There were a lot of posts about finding the president but none about finding scum. Didn't even vote for president. Never commented about how 50 totally has a made up role until now. Has been really impartial until that last post. Like on day 2 at some point I checked the OP to see if Natural 20 was a co-mod. Compared to chic and LCR (below), Natural 20 is actually trying, which is maybe makes him (?) more scummy in my eyes of the three. Also his biggest scum read is someone we cannot vote out, for a reason that he could have mentioned on day 2 while Natural 20 was spending time/effort counting the nominations. I'm not saying that 50 is town or scum, but calling him scum will have little immediate outcome.

ChicTrombone: Lots of posts. No opinions. No vote for nominations, for the reason of not have any even mild town reads.

IronChefRamen: Lots of posts. No opinions. Even after being prompted. Also "confused" posts if you are someone that thinks that's a tell.

Li Dawny: Here is my previous case

People who I'm going to read over soon:
NGO: was suspicious earlier and kind of lost track of on day 2
GeneX: I have no idea what GeneX has posted, but it's been more than I would have thought
flerp: same as GeneX

This just in. Man running vote for president didn't vote after recusing himself from voting.

SCUM FOUND.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Token Female posted:

That's not the post I was trying to make. I'm saying:

-No scum hunting day 1 or day 2 despite being active and working on the nominations.
-You now case 50 as your biggest scum lead now that we can't do anything about it. For a reason that you could have mentioned when you were keeping track of the nominations but didn't. If you feel so strongly about it, then why didn't you say something earlier, when you were able to do so?

But that's the thing in my post about you that you want to reaction to? I guess if you want to fixate on the minor part of it you can.

I want to fixate on the silliest part I can because it's hilarious.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Tired Moritz posted:

natural 20 was running for president? their policies must suck because i cant remember that at all

lol no. If I'd run I'd have won easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

b-minus1 posted:

20 posts per day is definitely reasonable. The game started over a week ago. Plus we haven’t hit any scum yet. People need to contribute, lurking is unacceptable

Would vote n20, and that’s not the omgus talking.

Nope.

So my games tend towards having some of the most brutal lurker rules on the forums. You fall below 10 posts at any point and a gun is pointed at your head.

AA Mafia had three guns show in a game of 13.
DBZ Mafia had something like 5 or 6 in a game of 23.
FSN Mafia had none (Good job guys)

We'll be generous and say DBZ was more of an outlier and say that we trend towards a rate of around 15% lurking at a 10 post limit.

A 20 post limit is notably more than doubly difficult because if you spend your first 10 posts meaningfully content posting then your second 10 are harder since you've used the majority of your content. Additionally it's harder to make the gap if you're behind because of real life since you just wall of text post in small chunks.

That makes the game less legible as there's more white noise, people will just skim if they find 300 posts when they wake up and leads to more false positives on players that do keep playing because they're not lacking content because they're scum, but because they've said everything that they need to say. Additionally you just lose a shittonne more people over time as people replace out because they don't want Mafia to be a full time job.

It's stupid, if you're proposing it you're being stupid and you shouldn't want that unless you're scum and all the problems I listed advantage you significantly.

• Locked thread