Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Sure, I’m in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I suppose this is kind of cheating since it’s not the anime’s opening:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=SnzmfmivXk0

Full version: https://youtube.com/watch?v=XrbJEyYn2xo

Jen X fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 26, 2018

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

give head or get dead posted:

Huge goddamn nerds ITT

We’re playing psychology games on an internet forum with an entry fee, of course we’re huge goddamn nerds

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Incongruent, hyper realistic middle finger

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

PMush Perfect posted:

gently caress, I have to run that now, don't I?

It’ll be a nice contrast to the disaster that the role madness setup I intend to run after the next spate of games will likely end up as

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

flerp posted:

anime sucks

:yeah:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Kashuno posted:

actually this is the best slice of life anime out there

:yeah:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

townless mafia is good

triple cults vs vanilla town is better

triple cults vs nothing but bulletproof SKs is even better

and shank a bitch, the sk only setup, is best of all

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Juchero posted:

we did an all sk game called inuyasha

inuyasha was the SK

and everyone was inuyasha

on n1 we all nk'd each other at once

The game I'm thinking of is one where everyone had a kill and an extra life, plus some people were drivers, dayvigs, docs, etc

and everyone with the same remaining number of lives were in their own game, so ideally you ended up with 3 winners

because the dead players got to vote to permakill dead players

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

jon joe posted:

This better not go DDLC on us.

(That game was mediocre and overrated, imo)

:agreed:

If pera punishes us for telling the truth, so be it

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

##vote Cat

Reprisal.

Also, because she’s demonstrably willing to put way too much effort into every game: I nominate Bifauxnen for President.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

curiousCat posted:

##nominate cat

cmon gx you know how good of an idea this is you messed up your vote

Oh fine.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Kashuno posted:

Okay real talk please vote me for president I was looking up pictures of Mion on the train in order to add flavor to my posts and as I scrolled through anime girl pictures this guy standing over me on the train was dead rear end staring at my phone screen and would loook away every single time I scrolled off a picture of Mion and it was incredibly loving awkward

the irony of me saying this in this setting is palpable, but, perhaps, anime...is bad

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

flerp posted:

i will never vote for asiina this game

:same:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

##nominate gulagdolls

I refuse to put a ton of effort into this game.

Anyway, agree on dead cow being iffy, would like to have seen kash expelled if only because his gifs are so, so much worse than asiina's dogsplosion. I don't think he's too terrible beyond his Asiina vote via "I see what people are driving at" without elaboration, but that's rather minimal.

specifically I don't like ##vote Dead Cow not voting for a person he says is bad (with a truly ridiculous reason of "well you can look through my post history instead", thanks for prompting it out of him b-) and going after asiina for her contribution to a D1-wide jokephase, as though hers was particularly egregious

GulagDolls posted:

perameme woul dmake a dog scum

a scum dog deserves to win

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

GulagDolls posted:

that wasnt what he said, and bminus wasnt asking why he was voting him.

sure whatever

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

GulagDolls posted:

well yes, i am sure, but i think the reason behind half of your vote being wrong and the other half being also wrong and then the third half, being incorrect, should prompt more than a 'whatever,' and instead prompt a dayvig of tired moritz

if I had one I'd have used it on Kash to get him to stop posting anime gifs

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

curiousCat posted:

I truly do wish to be president

I'm sorry but gulag made a video and that kind of effort deserves to be rewarded

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

I will personally dayvig whoever was the person who cast the last vote to make it a tie so their vote will not be counted.

do you have a dayvig, or a dayvij

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Dead Cow posted:

If you don't see why I held off on putting a vote down on people I think are scum close to deadline with no chance to get any other votes on them then you must be new or bad at this game. If I would have thrown a vote on them, people today would be giving me grief for a lovely vote. I felt my vote was on the person I thought was scummiest by the way. I can think that more than one person is scum.

how rude

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

curiousCat posted:

how about for the president thing like
can we just make a strawpoll or something is that allowed?

and then we just vote there and can play the game in thread

yeah ok

Here, with the top 3 answers:

http://www.strawpoll.me/15083128

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

http://www.strawpoll.me/15083128

instead of clogging the thread with nominations vote in this 3 way poll

ty

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Natural 20 posted:

It is now 2pm EST

I haven't had any objections. I realise the time period for them was short, my apologies, but the time period for actually getting this poo poo done is also short.

Free Nominations are Open, until 7am EST tomorrow freely ##nominate your preferred candidate.

You may ##nominate nobody if you do not want a player to be voted president today.

I appreciate you doing this, and out of respect, I'm going to post more seriously here.

##nominate No One

I would state, strategically, that granting anyone a temporary deathproof (with some additional responsibilities, presumably) is absolutely not a thing we should be doing without very, very good reason to believe that whoever we choose is town. I feel bad trying to ignore a major game gimmick, but without information on the presidency that pera seems to prefer not to provide, the known risk of picking someone we later want to lynch outweighs the hypothetical benefit of the role.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

flerp posted:

what if we hold off on the elections, you do the flip thingy and elect you tomorrow to make sure ur not lying???

I agree with the taco bell mascot here

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

50 pounds of bread posted:

Then the town wastes an incredibly useful ability.

Am I misunderstanding or is your claim not literally “when I tell prera in my google sheet, she’ll say I’m town”?

What is a waste about you not doing this immediately and making yourself a temp-immortal confirmed town

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

GeneX posted:

Am I misunderstanding or is your claim not literally “when I tell prera in my google sheet, she’ll say I’m town”?

What is a waste about you not doing this immediately and making yourself a temp-immortal confirmed town

I of course meant “pera” here

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Eh, might as well just claim it.

Every night I can download someone's records to a hard drive, I dont get to see the contents, but it records their role and alignment. At any point in the game I can release the info during the day which posts it directly to the thread. In doing so I get in trouble and sent to detention.

Oh okay you’re a voluntary death cop

That sounds stupid to even hint at but whatever, I’m okay giving with the temp-deathproof to a testable D2 cop claim

##nominate Fitty

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

The Ninth Layer posted:

It's easier for town to pick town than scum.

You are making arguments that could easily be applied to no lynching. Why make any choice at all without perfect certainty?

“The other way around” can be (I did, and assume Asiina did) read as “for scum to pick scum”

Which...no.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm phone posting, apologies for being unclear.

It’s all good, phoneposting is a pain

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I don't know that I buy the LD case (as long as it is indeed "she ignored all context on a poorly executed iso read") and I'm perfectly fine sending someone who refuses to play the game to detention

so ##vote Kash

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Okay, yeah, I see it now

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Kashuno posted:

Is that the best we’ve got after like 5 irl days

I mean there's an actual case against LD but with 2 hours left and no guarantee of being able to switch a vote, the answer is yes

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

The current requirements are to have at least 30 total game posts by the end of D3, right?

Let the lurker blood flow

Amen.

##vote Li Dawny

Gimme at least 3 reads besides your abortive one of Bif, please.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

flerp posted:

i will not stand for this insult

whaddya gonna do, flerp?

eh?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I will be asking each player to join one of the following clubs.

#1 Gardening
#2 Painting
#3 Swimming
#4 Mathletics
#5 Philosophy

The top performing club will be receiving additional funding.

Philosophy Is Fun!™

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

##Join:Philosophy Club

ain't no way I'm reading every post

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

what the hell is mathletics

have you really never heard of a mathlete

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

wow electing 50 was the dumbest thing we've ever done y'all

all the power has gone to the bread's head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

boo at the gardening nerds

:agreed:

• Locked thread