Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
This is loving me up pretty hard, as a significantly-less-proud MSU alumni.

In terms of football and basketball now as OTL is alleging, I hope the investigation finds the truth. No matter how hard it might be. I can't imagine Dantonio and Izzo would participate in a coverup. But we need to know for sure. I hope to god both those men are the men of good moral standing we believe them to be. Because if they're not they've gotta go, not just out of the school, but probably to jail. All I want is the truth, and fast.

But even that doesn't excuse the horrors that have occurred on our campus. Simon's gone. Hollis's gone. The board probably should all go. There should be nobody left in a leadership position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I'm going to side with Valenti here and point out that there is a burden of proof when you go at people that so far the article doesn't quite meet. The Payne and Appling story went all the way to the Ingham County Prosecutor, who not only said there was not enough to press charges, but that there was no crime. Dantonio dropped his nuts on the table for ESPN to smash with the hammer of proof, believing they don't have anything concrete. Dunning, the prosecutor at the time (not his assistant who was the woman hired at MSU) allegedly had a reputation for going after MSU athletes. Appling and Payne was investigated by the MSUPD, which is not a university-run police department. In addition the feds and the state already investigated MSU's Title IX investigation of Appling and Payne and concluded MSU was slow to investigate but the investigation was properly done.

The only really new revelation that has State fans looking sideways is the second allegation against Travis Walton and the two unnamed basketball players.

I'm not saying Dantonio and Izzo are innocent. What we allowed to happen with Nassar was unforgivably monstrous, and we deserve every bit of scrutiny and suspicion. But we're going to get gone over with a fine-tooth comb, multiple fine tooth combs, in fact. If either of them are guilty of any coverup, get the gently caress off my campus, but I'm going to wait for the investigations to determine it.

In truth, I think we all know the most likely scenario for this to happen is for there to be merely "no proof" of any breaking of protocol by Dantonio or Izzo, but they're not going to be completely exonerated. They'll keep their jobs, but people will forever more taint their names. No guilt, but no vindication. Nothing solid, but dark clouds over them for the rest of their careers.