Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Tonight is an NXT Takeover show. Philadelphia. There are a lot of matches to run down, so lets get started!!

Johnny Gargano vs Andrade "Cien" Almas (w/ Zelina Vega) for the NXT Championship

After losing a bunch, Johnny managed to start stringing wins together in order to challenge Almas for the title. Last week he also laid Almas out (after beating Velveteen Dream). However, will he manage to pull out the big one here? Or will he fall to Almas? We could also have noted awful person and kitten hater, and guy who punches good dogs Ciampa show up and ruin Gargano's chances at the title!

Aleister Black vs Adam Cole (Extreme Rules)

After Aleister Black beat Adam Cole a little while back, Cole has wanted vengeance. He managed to get his wish a few weeks ago when he screwed Black out of becoming #1 contender for the NXT Championship. That has put Black and Cole on a collision course, which will culminate tonight in an Extreme Rules match. Will Cole manage to beat Black in a SINGLES match, or will Black's dominant singles streak continue?

Shayna Baszler vs Ember Moon for the NXT Women's Championship

In quite possibly one of the oddest matches of the night, we have Ember Moon defending her title against Shayna, who has decided to make it a hobby to attack people and choke them out. Even outside of matches. If Ember loses, she'll look like a paper champion. If Shayna loses (clean), she'll lose a significant amount of her aura. However, there is a third option waiting in the wings. A disqualification. Shayna could go too hard and cause herself to get disqualified. There is also another possibility in that Kairi Sane returned recently, and she's probably seeking revenge against Shayna for putting her on the shelf. What better way than to cost Shayna the NXT Women's Title?

Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish (The Undisputed Era) vs Authors of Pain for the NXT Tag Team Titles

There wasn't much build put into this match outside of AOP beating Street Profits in a #1 Contenders Match. This may be AOP's swan song in NXT. We'll see, I guess!

Kassius Ohno vs Velveteen Dream

In a match that has very little in the way of build (because it was recently announced), we'll see Kassius Ohno go up against Velveteen Dream. After a very impressive performance (although he still lost) last Takeover by Dream, will he start to string together victories and get people to say his name? Or will he fall to Kassius Ohno?

------

NO GRAPHIC FOR PRESHOW STUFF

Pre Show: The year end awards are presented. Joe will appear on the panel. No one cares about anything else.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I still think the women's match will be a repeat of Zayn/Owens, where Shayna just beats Ember to death and wins the belt by TKO. That will get way more over than the awful "DQ for kicking too much rear end" finish that helps nobody.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Pizza for Takeover and a potentially dangerous amount of booze for the Royal Rumble, let's go.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm going to take over this thread! j/k.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Black/Dream better win best match/feud

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage
I'm gonna get some nachos and beer and enjoy this show. I'm super pumped for black/Cole.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Benne posted:

I still think the women's match will be a repeat of Zayn/Owens, where Shayna just beats Ember to death and wins the belt by TKO. That will get way more over than the awful "DQ for kicking too much rear end" finish that helps nobody.

Or Cena/Lesnar, where it's a 15 minute squash.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This show is going to rule. I'm basing that not on the card but by the fact every NXT TakeOver show always ends up ruling.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/957377161203138560

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Here way too early because it was cheaper to come here straight from Beyond but I'm stoked

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Show is gonna ruuuuuule :hellyeah:

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Is there a reason they didn't find a way to get Lars Sullivan on this card, they seemed really high on him so its weird not to see him on a Takeover.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Le Saboteur posted:

Is there a reason they didn't find a way to get Lars Sullivan on this card, they seemed really high on him so its weird not to see him on a Takeover.

He was planned to wrestle Roderick Strong on the preshow and then things changed.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

aka Vince Saw Him

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
They're actually showing some pre taped segments from the preshow regarding the year end awards thing. Funny to hear renee's "back to you, panel" and then nothing

Terrible chants so far: Enzo Amore, some podcast, XFL, He Hate Me. Philly is a hell city but at least not as bad as Boston or Chicago I guess

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

abraham linksys posted:

Terrible chants so far: Enzo Amore, some podcast, XFL, He Hate Me. Philly is a hell city but at least not as bad as Boston or Chicago I guess

How many awful Enzo signs are going to be confiscated at the Rumble tomorrow

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Anyway I can't watch this live because I made plans earlier in the week while forgetting Takeover was tonight. Stupid me. Have fun in this thread y'all, I'll catch the show later.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I’m headed to the venue now w/ a wrestling novice and she’s either gonna love it or hate it, give us a show Philadelphia

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Did you bring your batteries to throw in the ring?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Do they not do MITB briefcases anymore?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

21 Hoot Salute posted:

aka Vince Saw Him

Vince: Oh no I'm not being fooled again like that Apollo Crews situation. Wait, he's actually tall? :stare::fh:

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I don't like Sam's hair very much

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

....No Renee AND we get Sam Roberts?

:negative:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

tweet my meat posted:

I don't like Sam very much

FTFY

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
someone take sam roberts out back, its cruel to keep him alive

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Nevermind we've got Samoa Joe :swoon:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I should be spending this time mentally preparing myself for 17 entire hours of royal rumbles.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
motherfucker looks like a 3d chipmunk render with an afro that doesnt full load in

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Jerusalem posted:

NO RENEE?????

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
looks like a troll doll left out in inclement weather

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I hope Joe shaves his head and breaks his legs

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
irregardless isn't a word joe

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Yeaaah, ready for this TakeOver.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
sam roberts is if like God tried to create a human in an easy bake oven

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Goddamn that's like four Network plugs already

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

RENEE

tweet my meat