Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Davros1 posted:

There's a reason he was called The Sicilian Psychopath in ROH

I thought it was because he was crazy about pizza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

What a fuckin show. That main event was insane and I was wondering if they were going to wrestle to a draw with how long they went. Johnny is Cleveland personified so he's not going to win the big one.

AoP and Dream are going to go down as the biggest Performance Center products of all time. We say this after every Takeover but they are so good in such a short time.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Great goddamn show, Takeover is still batting 1.000

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I was feeling pretty drained after Cole/Aleister, and I feel like the main event being preceded by other big matches is a big issue with Takeover usually. Still, Gargano pulled me in again, holy poo poo. He's absolutely incredible, and has almost cena-like potential as a face if he's booked right.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

KoldPT posted:

has almost cena-like potential as a face if he's booked right.

I'm getting deja vu

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blaise330 posted:

I'm getting deja vu

"if he's booked right" is the death sentence of WWE. Remember when people were really into a babyface who is also probably one of the best wrestlers in the world, then he got called up, didn't get poo poo most of the time and then got turned into a heel because gently caress it?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I rewatched Cole/Black and Gargano/Almas this morning and dear god both those matches hold up so well. The current NXT roster is so loving stacked it's ridiculous.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dias posted:

"if he's booked right" is the death sentence of WWE. Remember when people were really into a babyface who is also probably one of the best wrestlers in the world, then he got called up, didn't get poo poo most of the time and then got turned into a heel because gently caress it?

Honestly I wonder if there’s someone in the main roster booking crew who takes “can’t miss” as a challenge

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

So we're looking at, what, three months until Gargano was Always Bad?

KinkleKlaws
Feb 11, 2005

hallo?

If you see Trips' penis shadow there, this picture tells a great story.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

projecthalaxy posted:

Really good show. Also my favorite detail of the Ciampa attack was his facial expression. Not triumphant, not angry, just there. Almost confused.

He doesn't hate Johnny Wrestling. He's not mad at Johnny Wrestling. Its just he has to kill him is all. He has to breathe, and eat, and kill Gargano.

Get Elias out here to play guitar.

Oh, I crutched a man in Philly... Jusssst to watch him dieeeee.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

cant wait for the stupid old weeaboo mark, shave seltzer, to give Almas/Gargano like 3.5 stars because it happened in the wrong country

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
When Asuka, Roode, Nakamura and Dillinger got called up I was really worried about NXT losing some steam, however with the rise of Dream, AoP, Gargano, Almas, Undisputed Era and Black NXTs future is as good as ever.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

St Evan Echoes posted:

Honestly I wonder if there’s someone in the main roster booking crew who takes “can’t miss” as a challenge

Then when they fail their response is gonna be "pfft thats what we get for listening to smarks. Blah blah doesnt work outside of fullsail blah blah"

I really wish Apollo Crews was a part of this nxt era

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I can't believe Almas was the same dipshit wearing suspenders and a feather hat having lame curtain jerk matches. That gimmick was so bad it should leave a stain, but his swagger and matches since pairing up with Vega have obliterated it. NXT is exciting again and pulled off the rare feat of an awesome men's title match.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I’m glad they realized they had signed one of the most charismatic wrestlers in world and let him be a dirtbag

You knew the match was gonna be special when he donned his La Sombra mask

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SalTheBard posted:

When Asuka, Roode, Nakamura and Dillinger got called up I was really worried about NXT losing some steam, however with the rise of Dream, AoP, Gargano, Almas, Undisputed Era and Black NXTs future is as good as ever.

You forgot Sanity and Ember and Roddy and Lars and Kairi and Ohno and Bate and Dunne and and and :swoon:

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

He already mentioned Dream.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Rarity posted:

You forgot Sanity and Ember and Roddy and Lars and Kairi and Ohno and Bate and Dunne and and and :swoon:

No spot on. Its a testament to how good NXT is when they can lose top stars and there are more people waiting to take over down the pipe.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

didn't get to watch yet but it's extremely cool that Almas finally is getting his due after like a year of nothing. dude is a future star for sure.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Johnny Gargano had some insanely chapped lips.

Dude needs chapstick.

Also: LOVED the women’s match.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
When is Drew Mac due back from injury? I feel like the return feud with Almas could be the thing to finally give him some momentum in nXt as well. Both are main roster ready anyway but I'm in no hurry to see them get wasted on Raw or SD.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
2 1/2 hours for 5 matches is pretty much the perfect length for a PPV.

Not looking forward to the 6+ hour Rumble tomorrow after that great show

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

projecthalaxy posted:

cant wait for the stupid old weeaboo mark, shave seltzer, to give Almas/Gargano like 3.5 stars because it happened in the wrong country

He's already said it's the best WWE match he has seen in a long, long time and the best match in NXT history.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Tato posted:

When is Drew Mac due back from injury? I feel like the return feud with Almas could be the thing to finally give him some momentum in nXt as well. Both are main roster ready anyway but I'm in no hurry to see them get wasted on Raw or SD.

Torn bicep surgery takes a long-rear end time to recover from, I wouldn't expect him back in time for a Brooklyn program.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Almas finally convinced me that he's as cool as his theme song.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Finally watching takeover. The Chairback spot and the double knees through the announcer table spots were some of the filthiest things I've seen on WWE TV in the past few years... especially after the trashcan botch earlier in the match.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

quote:

While Vince enjoyed the NXT Takeover show overall, one wrestler in particular caught his eye: Kyle O'Reilly. Vince reportedly found O'Reilly's entrance hysterical, and is looking to repackage the wrestler on the main roster as a flamboyant rocker.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
You can't just quote that without a source, otherwise I'm putting it in the "Kalisto getting repackaged as a gay hairdresser" bullshit pile

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's true. All the heavy hitters are freaking out about it on twitter.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Benne posted:

You can't just quote that without a source, otherwise I'm putting it in the "Kalisto getting repackaged as a gay hairdresser" bullshit pile

we can't reveal the source or we'd have to shoot rovert

i can assure you it's true probably

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
this is like the 3rd place ive seen that

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

He's already said it's the best WWE match he has seen in a long, long time and the best match in NXT history.

It's going to be 4 3/4 again and people will bitch forever.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Really happy Almas retained. He’s my favorite NXT champ in awhile and I hope we get a Black Almas championship match next Takeover.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Really happy Almas retained. Hes my favorite NXT champ in awhile and I hope we get a Black Almas championship match next Takeover.

Black/Almas, the Dark Souls of professional wrestling.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Rewatched Takeover. God I love wrestling.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Zelina Vega was a wrestler once? How was she?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I really wish I could send Takeover Philly back to like 1997 or something and say this is what you get if you suffer through Gang Warz and Kat vs Barbara Bush. wrestling can be good

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

projecthalaxy posted:

I really wish I could send Takeover Philly back to like 1997 or something and say this is what you get if you suffer through Gang Warz and Kat vs Barbara Bush. wrestling can be good

"just trust the process"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

fart blood posted:

Zelina Vega was a wrestler once? How was she?

I haven't seen her wrestle since she was in TNA as part of Mexican America teaming with Sarah Stock. She was very green and not very good but she was still a rookie so hopefully she's gotten to the point of being passible.

• Locked thread