Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

fuckings knight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.
I'm thinking of a game where you played as a astronaut and explored various galaxies. You could fly and upgrade your ship, and visit planets and roam each planet for fuel while also avoiding earthquakes and tornados. It was for the genesis.

I'm also thinking of an arcade game where you were a tiny spaceship killing dinosaurs.

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
I think genesis had a star control game where you did those things.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

Rushi posted:

I think genesis had a star control game where you did those things.

Oh man that game looks sweet, but it's not the one I'm thinking of :v:. The game had hundreds of planets and a rpg character system with stats to invest for each character. You had different species to pick from including android. Each character could have a role like a doctor, or a navigator.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nude posted:

I'm thinking of a game where you played as a astronaut and explored various galaxies. You could fly and upgrade your ship, and visit planets and roam each planet for fuel while also avoiding earthquakes and tornados. It was for the genesis.

I'm also thinking of an arcade game where you were a tiny spaceship killing dinosaurs.

Starflight

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

Ya you got it; it's an awesome game. I'm always amazed on how big it is.

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
Holey moley, based on your description I was thinking it was some C64 game I hadn't played, came back to ask about it, and ends up it was Starflight!

Genesis with all the good old pc games I guess? I had no idea.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
i am trying to remember a ps1 game where you are a goth dude with a sword. you slash monsters and then eat them with your sentient hand.

anyone rmemebers?

also another game which i played in japanese. you are a wood cyborg human and you go kill bosses to gain organs. the game start with you seeing only in black and white and after you kill the first boss you gain color vision. there was a knee bazooka involved i think. why is there always a knee bazooka in japanese cyborgs anyways?

e: the first game is in fancy gothic japan i think? the second game is in samurai japan.

Workaday Wizard fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Feb 18, 2018

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

i am trying to remember a ps1 game where you are a goth dude with a sword. you slash monsters and then eat them with your sentient hand.

anyone rmemebers?

also another game which i played in japanese. you are a wood cyborg human and you go kill bosses to gain organs. the game start with you seeing only in black and white and after you kill the first boss you gain color vision. there was a knee bazooka involved i think. why is there always a knee bazooka in japanese cyborgs anyways?

e: the first game is in fancy gothic japan i think? the second game is in samurai japan.

Second game is Blood Will Tell for PS2

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Pablo Nergigante posted:

that's the one <3

i thought of another game. there was a ps1 game where you are a lady spy wearing purple. it had a scifi setting i think. all i remember is in the first level i reached an air duct i am supposed to crawl through but no combination of buttons made the bitch crawl.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

that's the one <3

i thought of another game. there was a ps1 game where you are a lady spy wearing purple. it had a scifi setting i think. all i remember is in the first level i reached an air duct i am supposed to crawl through but no combination of buttons made the bitch crawl.

I think Aris played it and it's called Fear Effect. Probably.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

its based on the manga dororo by osamu tezuka

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Wormskull posted:

I think Aris played it and it's called Fear Effect. Probably.

it probably was this. though i don't remember the point and click elements and i remember it had worse graphics. maybe i played an early demo or something?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When I watched him play it it looked like MGS meets Resident Evil.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Sounds like a Vampire Hunter D video game

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

i remember seeing a pc platformer around 2008 where your character had some kind of extendible arm. it was 2d and i think really colourful, probably indie as well.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
You're thinking of Michael Ancel's Rayman

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

goferchan posted:

You're thinking of Michael Ancel's Rayman

Michael Incel.

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

A human heart posted:

i remember seeing a pc platformer around 2008 where your character had some kind of extendible arm. it was 2d and i think really colourful, probably indie as well.

Bionic Commando Rearmed?

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Ptarmigans posted:

Bionic Commando Rearmed?

nah, this was sprite based and very low budget.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

A human heart posted:

nah, this was sprite based and very low budget.

could it be feed me? it has a venus flytrap in a pot with an extensible stem
http://www.nitrome.com/games/feedme/

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

could it be feed me? it has a venus flytrap in a pot with an extensible stem
http://www.nitrome.com/games/feedme/

it wasn't an online game, and it ran in full screen.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

A very bubbly SNES SHMUP, something about flying or possibly fighting flying pineapples?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

THE BAR posted:

A very bubbly SNES SHMUP, something about flying or possibly fighting flying pineapples?

Stinger has you fight pineapples and other fruits but that was NES.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

P-Mack posted:

Stinger has you fight pineapples and other fruits but that was NES.

It was a vertical shooter, and I'm.. 80% convinced you were the one piloting a pineapple.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
I remember every game I ever played, what the gently caress is wrong with you?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

THE BAR posted:

Possibly this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2J3BvxEqtc

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I though that too but he said vertical.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Nope! Maybe my fever dream really was just that. I connect that memory with beds and being at someone else's house, so maybe I was just molested with a pineapple, I dunno.

E:

A second of googling gave me the answer. Whoops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umljlqe8k4U

It's Pop 'n Twinbee, there are pineapple guys running around, and it's very bubbly. It also has this anime cover that I seem to remember.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

is it a twinbee game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good work everybody, we did it.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Well done!

Now I just need someone to molest me with a pineapple.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

post fruits only child molesters ate

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

R. Guyovich posted:

post fruits only child molesters ate

Kumquats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97