Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

priznat posted:

Annoyingly it still doesn't seem to have the update popping up for me, despite the phone being iOS 17 now..

Reboot your phone and check in Home Settings again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Reboot your phone and check in Home Settings again

Yah did that based on the above post but nope. It seems to not like working together too, 16.6 to 17. Ah well it’ll kick in at some point I’m sure

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I didn't know there was a HomePod thread.

Has anyone else had an issue with the AppleTV dual HomePod setup where one of the HomePods doesn't mute or change volume with the other? Restarting them a couple times usually fixes it, but it never happened until last month.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Has anyone else had an issue with the AppleTV dual HomePod setup where one of the HomePods doesn't mute or change volume with the other? Restarting them a couple times usually fixes it, but it never happened until last month.

Nope not for me, I would do a full factory reset

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

My Homepods are still stubbornly not updating, and when checking the update screen in the Home Settings it says they are up to date (16.6). Weird. I've reset the phone a few times now, and reset the homepods. Just update dammit!!

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

priznat posted:

My Homepods are still stubbornly not updating, and when checking the update screen in the Home Settings it says they are up to date (16.6). Weird. I've reset the phone a few times now, and reset the homepods. Just update dammit!!

Reboot ur phone

mine all updated last night

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I have, several times, unless it's not the swipe to power down and then press side button to restart or some other thing?

gallilee
Jul 24, 2001

Imagine when you're about to get your dick sucked by the alien from aliens and she's like "ahaha guess i gotta bring out my little mouth for this one"

Detective No. 27 posted:

Oh yes and it’s loving infuriating. Right speaker works fine but the left one won’t mute and stays at a constant level. Unplugged it (after several factory resets and reinitiations) and plugged it back in 2 days later and now it works again. Not to keen to upgrade AppleTV OS since it will probably gently caress em up again. Not the best product they’ve released. Just keep at it and by magic it might work all of a sudden.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

priznat posted:

I have, several times, unless it's not the swipe to power down and then press side button to restart or some other thing?

Volume up + sleep button, slide to turn off? That's what worked for me.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

gallilee posted:

Oh yes and it’s loving infuriating. Right speaker works fine but the left one won’t mute and stays at a constant level. Unplugged it (after several factory resets and reinitiations) and plugged it back in 2 days later and now it works again. Not to keen to upgrade AppleTV OS since it will probably gently caress em up again. Not the best product they’ve released. Just keep at it and by magic it might work all of a sudden.

It''s only been a day since I updated AppleTV OS, but the problem hasn't happened since. Hopefully the firmware update ironed out the issue. The problem wasn't even isolated to me, my parents had the same issue on theirs and they got their HomePods months before I did.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

So my minis on 17 refuse to play a playlist for an alarm, and just plays a standard alarm tone instead. Anyone else have this issue? In the Home app, it shows I’m shuffling a playlist but won’t play it.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

priznat posted:

Weird it is the CBC music stream which is ad free, that’s why it stood out. Have no idea where in the chain this ad is getting stuck in.

Probably tunein?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I have a HomePod mini that was acting annoying and connecting to the wrong wifi network so I did a factory reset and now it seems I can’t reconnect. I go thru the pairing process and it plays the chime and then the “setting up” pop up appears with a spinning wheel but it never seems to finish. Anyone have any suggestions?

This is on 17.3 beta which the HomePods were unfortunately set to do beta updates (I should not do this).

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

I'm the process of slowly replacing my old echo devices with homepods, my latest swap brought up a question. We have a "good night" routine on alexa where alexa turns off the lights and says a thing.

If I just say "Hey siri, goodnight", it just says good night, adding in a "good night" scene stops siri from making a randon comment, but does turn off the light and says that is executing the good night scene. Is there a way to turn the scene announcement off? That feels unnecessary.

Edit:

Bizzarely it just stopped announcing the scene on it's own so IDK what is real anymore :(

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jan 18, 2024

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I got a HomePod mini on clearance, in Home it claims that I can use "Siri" instead of "Hey Siri", and that's enabled.
In practice though, I can only get it to respond the "Hey Siri".
Does anyone have any ideas?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

It took a while before it started working for me. Check the firmware is up to date?

Also, where did you buy it clearance, and how much? I’d like a number more.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Officeworks was running them out for $69 in Western Australia.

It's running 17.4 now, I'll try yell at Siri a bit more.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
Did Siri on HomePods get dumber again recently? Walk into a room with the lights off, say ‘hey Siri lights’. This used to turn the lights on, no response.

Now it asks ‘do you want me to turn them on or off?’.

SaturdayKnight
Mar 31, 2011

I turned the just Siri hot word back to “hey Siri” because I found just Siri to be insanely sensitive to the point that words like serious and surely were triggering the HomePod to just interrupt my conversations with “what, I don’t understand” constantly.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

wooger posted:

Did Siri on HomePods get dumber again recently? Walk into a room with the lights off, say ‘hey Siri lights’. This used to turn the lights on, no response.

Dunno about HomePod related but my bedroom lights keep turning on yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

wooger posted:

Yeah, this is something that changed with Siri recently. I've seen people complain about it in several places over the last month or so.