Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I have a feeling this will have been asked before, but, is there any way to tweak the range and/or sensitivity of Handoff on a HomePod/mini beyond disabling it entirely? I have a mini on my desk, and I use my phone at my desk like 4ft away from the thing, and the phone keeps interrupting me with the HomePod interface and it's infuriating. I'd expect it to only do this within like 1-2ft or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Is there any word, or better yet reliable test data measuring the latency of the AppleTV/Dual HomePods eARC use case, ideally specifically covering the latest AppleTV and 2nd-gen HomePods? I am intensely curious about its viability for latency-sensitive gaming cases.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Right, but I'm specifically interested in gaming as a use case. I want to know the latency in milliseconds. The Apple TV and I think TVs generally where eARC is used can delay the picture so audio is always in sync even when latency is involved, but that doesn't work in games. Obviously it'll never be perfect with both an HDMI and a wireless step involved but if it can get into the ~40ms neighbourhood it goes from being a severely compromised experience to perfectly usable in all but the most demanding cases.