Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Ewen Cluney posted:

One thing I'm wondering about is what the HomePod's Bluetooth 5.0 capability is actually supposed to be for. Apple put out a list of the things it can play audio from (AirPlay and your various Apple media library things basically), and Bluetooth isn't on it.

It...cant play bluetooth?

e: good lord thats horribly stupid. RIP if your friends want to have a listen but they have android.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Pissflaps posted:

If HomePod 2 has line-in or even bluetooth-in i'll get one.

I know the answer to this but Homepod 1 doesnt have line-in, does it?

e: added some more cynicism.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Good lord. This better be waterproof for these sacrifices (I know it isn't and wont be).

Whats the benefit of all these compromises again? I guess we'll have to wait for actual unbiased reviews to come out on Friday, but I cant think of anything really positive other than the apparently wonderful sound.