Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Endless Mike posted:

Amazon has Echos, Fire Tablets, Fire TVs, Prime Video, Prime Audio, and many smart home devices support Echo. They also publish apps on every major mobile and desktop OS. They absolutely have an ecosystem.

But they dont have apple music

checkmate apple

/s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Bluetooth would allow you to use someone else's hardware

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If your text bubble aint blue you arn't a friend

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Posting from homepod

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Animal posted:

What are the chances they are gonna open this up?

Can you have less than zero percent?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

It will have Airplay 2

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Pissflaps posted:

Can Amazon make an echo dot that supports this or is it proprietary?

I just invented it so ill get with them on it.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

buglord posted:

Good lord. This better be waterproof for these sacrifices (I know it isn't and wont be).

Whats the benefit of all these compromises again? I guess we'll have to wait for actual unbiased reviews to come out on Friday, but I cant think of anything really positive other than the apparently wonderful sound.

The only benefit of buying a homepod (over a google home or amazon thingy) is apple music (and siri lol)

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Over There posted:

Employees at our Apple store have been told to not be afraid to bring up competition when discussing the HomePod with customers. They bring up history.google.com and that freaks a lot of people out.

I remember finding it one day when I still had my Android and I was able to see every movement I had made on a map, up to bootie calls at 2 AM. It was strange.

History.google.com is the best poo poo ever

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

ijustines glowing review is all you really need since it fits your confirmation bias requirement

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

They shouldn't even bother putting siri in it

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Agronox posted:

Some reddit people put the homepod through the paces. Pretty interesting review:

https://www.reddit.com/r/audiophile/comments/7wwtqy/apple_homepod_the_audiophile_perspective/

Wish i could put you through your paces

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Homepod Socks

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

You have to take cost into consideration. It's not like you paid $40 for a Google home or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

As long as it sells better than the iPod hifi