Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
No, it is not gross, in fact, it's funny, yeah, think of it that way.
as someone who has no experience with f/go extra whatnot the latest episode felt straight out of madoka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lestaki
Nov 6, 2009

The Holy Queef posted:

as someone who has no experience with f/go extra whatnot the latest episode felt straight out of madoka

Pretty sure they got Inu Curry in to do the animation, yeah, and boy does it show. Am fine with this!

Still trying to work out what's going on with Rin. This episode going out of its way to characterise Amari also raises a lot of questions about how she'll come into the story in future.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
In episode 6 we arrive at the Shaftiest floor yet

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

What the everloving gently caress was this episode? I'm even more confused than before, which is amazing.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Episodes 6 and 7 were beautiful, I was blown away by how much Inu Curry put into it. All of the handicraft imagery and confusion made Nursery's floor extremely reminiscent of a witch's labyrinth in Madoka, which was no accident considering who all is working on this show and those eps. lol

and episode 8...! ahhh!!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Lancer Rin looks rad as hell.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
chyuu where are you

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

ikr

probably gonna give up and catch up using the Other Subs tonight.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The group that did 7 and 8 seems okay.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Space Flower posted:

and episode 8...! ahhh!!

Nothing but screams at the end

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

watched the raws for this week, and holy moly i'm excited

got some of that good rear end monogatari ed art incoming.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Saber is good.

"I'm just a personified hate ghost! :qq:"
"And I've been dead for three thousand years! Who cares?!"

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Despite what everyone says, our MC isn't any more dead than anyone else. They're all uploads or recreations of humans that are almost certainly all dead by now; as a novel intelligence born from dodgy garbage collection routines, he's arguably the only one who isn't some kind of ghost.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

dude i will totally buy a hajime ueda style nero figure.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
chyuu finally put up the subs of episode 7

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Dzhay posted:

Despite what everyone says, our MC isn't any more dead than anyone else. They're all uploads or recreations of humans that are almost certainly all dead by now; as a novel intelligence born from dodgy garbage collection routines, he's arguably the only one who isn't some kind of ghost.

The distinction makes more sense when you consider that in Extraverse they discovered how to digitize and upload the soul, which can live on its own even if the body dies. (Which is the case with NR and other ghosts)
Here, the definition of "alive" is dependent on the state of the soul.

LEHakuno meanwhile is the opposite, a soulless body filled and reanimated by the remnants of dead masters' souls, kept "alive" by force of regrets and grudges, because Twice turned off the mechanisms that would collect and clean those bits of angry soul floating about.

Come to think of it he's pretty similar to Apocrypha's Jack.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Supposedly there's an 11th episode coming out in the Summer, because (10) did not satisfy as any sort of conclusive ending.

Cool Shafty show. I want to make some sort of umu supercut set to some song.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Dunno if plans got shuffled, but the first 10 episodes were only meant to compromise the first arc, with another cour coming at some point.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
yeah, they had the two arcs planned and announced early on, so i imagine it was a compromise with foreseen production issues, like "we might not be ready with the full show but we can commit to 10 eps right away while we figure out the rest."

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Do we have any idea of what's going on by episode 10?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i don't know dude, i thought you were gonna handle the umu counter

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Space Flower posted:

i don't know dude, i thought you were gonna handle the umu counter
I dropped off after episode 5 cause it was getting a bit stale.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
early parts of the show are a bit too much retreading covered ground with characters that don't have much more to squeeze out of them in the setting. but imo you stopped right when the show starts to get really creative. nursery's episodes are super wild visually because like all of the design work in them comes from inucurry, the duo who handle the witches in madoka. its creepy and beautiful. and then after nursery the show really starts to carve its own path writing wise. so the show might be worth another shot for you.

or maybe you'd rather say no to this girl. maybe you'd prefer she be alone forever, waiting for onii-chan to come back.

it's your call.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It's one cour, but it started late, so eps 11-13 (IIRC) will be aired online.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

umu

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

:carol: Umu!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'm glad this show is around to remind me why I like Nero so much.

Also that Hakuno is less dull than Sieg.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

AnacondaHL posted:

I want to make some sort of umu supercut set to some song.

I have followed through and am pleased with how it turned out.

AMV: "Umu-umu!"

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

AnacondaHL posted:

I have followed through and am pleased with how it turned out.

AMV: "Umu-umu!"
I thoroughly enjoyed watching a collection of "Umu" followed by a collection of Takagi-san being cute as hell. This seems like a good channel.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The last part of Last Encore came out yesterday, right? Anyone see it?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Cuntellectual posted:

The last part of Last Encore came out yesterday, right? Anyone see it?

Yeah.

It was about what you'd expect if you watched the rest of the show. It looked niceish, but to be honest the months long gap kind of killed a lot of the momentum going in. Also a lot of the action in the final boss battle gave me visions of a bullet hell shooter.

I never played Extra so I think a lot of the finer elements of the story were lost on me, but I like Nero and Hakuno was pretty good (he should've been called deadpan not deadface yuk yuk) and best of all Rin was in it, so I was not left with a "Man, gently caress most of these people" feeling like I was with Apocrypha

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I thought it wasn't yet subbed?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

OnimaruXLR posted:

Yeah.

It was about what you'd expect if you watched the rest of the show. It looked niceish, but to be honest the months long gap kind of killed a lot of the momentum going in. Also a lot of the action in the final boss battle gave me visions of a bullet hell shooter.

I never played Extra so I think a lot of the finer elements of the story were lost on me, but I like Nero and Hakuno was pretty good (he should've been called deadpan not deadface yuk yuk) and best of all Rin was in it, so I was not left with a "Man, gently caress most of these people" feeling like I was with Apocrypha

Hakuno's constant dull surprise was on par with fuuka from Persona 3, but otherwise I think the two of them were alright. Umu definitely carried the show.

To clarify though, they haven't yet explained what's up with the thousand year gap since the original extra?

I read somewhere there's supposed to be another one or two of these extra broadcasts, so maybe that'll explain things. :shrug:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I paused my watching at episode 7 or so. Right after Nursery Rhyme. Gonna wait for the last two episodes to get added then I'll marathon the last half. I love me some Nero but the plot on this is convoluted as hell. I suppose it would help if I was more familiar with the original Extra game.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Yeah as someone who played the game i think a big thing lacking is explanation on who all the characters you meet are. In the game you talk and get big info dumps on who all the servants and masters are. Anime seems to just kind of explain it sometimes.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Why did Rin's hair and eyes change at the end?

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
EXTRA Rin is a blonde in the real world, it's her Moon Cell avatar that's brunette.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Conspiratiorist posted:

EXTRA Rin is a blonde in the real world, it's her Moon Cell avatar that's brunette.

She's ere-chan

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The best part of the finale was deadface Twice doing the SHAFT head tilt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
That was kinda a downer, huh.

Overall Last Encore wasn't irredeemably bad or anything, but honestly I can't think of much reason to watch it over a Let's Play of Extra or something. Nero's extremely cute but beyond that I never felt invested in what happened to anyone. None of the changes made really added anything beyond making it more confusing for a new viewer.

The more I think about it the less I like it.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 6, 2018

• Locked thread