Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I may get Acuna if Yahoo decides to allow us to draft him (which they won't because Yahoo is loving :downsgun: incarnate)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I may get Acuna if Yahoo decides to allow us to draft him (which they won't because Yahoo is loving :downsgun: incarnate)

what are you talking about? I drafted Acuna just fine on yahoo. :confused:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Sorry. Was referring to the dynasty-lite league. There's no rhyme or reason to players that Yahoo allows us to draft if they don't have any MLB playing time.

I suspect Acuna actually will be available, as will Ohtani. The rest are a crapshoot.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ohtani will absolutely be available, Acuna probably will but I won't be shocked if he's not.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I like TSATB even if it's just to put names on my radar, but Sporer definitely isn't my favorite dude from FG or in fantasy baseball. I got into a tiff with him in the comments on FG once because he and his guest spewed a whole lot of really dumb poo poo about Gary Sanchez one time last year.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Inspector_666 posted:

I like TSATB even if it's just to put names on my radar, but Sporer definitely isn't my favorite dude from FG or in fantasy baseball. I got into a tiff with him in the comments on FG once because he and his guest spewed a whole lot of really dumb poo poo about Gary Sanchez one time last year.

If you're not getting in comment wars defending your best friends then you're doing it wrong.

I remember doing similar things with Dozier a couple years ago on twitter.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
When is Acuna expected to come up? Is there any chance he breaks camp?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

ChiTownEddie posted:

as much as it sucks for him, it would be malpractice of the front office to mishandle his clock time. he will not break camp, even if he homers in every remaining ab this spring

that said, he'll be up like two-three weeks after opening day

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ChiTownEddie posted:

He's got to work on his defense down in AAA a la Kris Bryant if you know what I mean.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Gotcha gotcha.

My draft is tomorrow and while it is an early one...god I am so excited. Starting with a kept Corey Seager $8 and Yasiel Puig $5 in a 12team 4x4 roto league.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
This thread is ruining the sleeper Acuna status. I don't think his pops gonna be that great at the next level but hitting for above average and all those swiped bags. Yes please.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

who doesn't know about acuna? i'm just saying, i think he's very much the real deal and probably top 50 next season's draft.

one side effect of the acuna mania is no one seems to be paying attention to robles. that dude is loving real good too. not sure how washington will use him, but he could swipe at almost acuna's rate, but with less power. that's still very much worth your time!

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Mar 3, 2018

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Abel Wingnut posted:

who doesn't know about acuna? i'm just saying, i think he's very much the real deal and probably top 50 next season's draft.

one side effect of the acuna mania is no one seems to be paying attention to robles. that dude is loving real good too. not sure how washington will use him, but he could swipe at almost acuna's rate, but with less power. that's still very much worth your time!

Usually guys like Acuna go past pick 100 in their first year (rightfully too). At this rate someone in the goon league is gonna take him top 50 this year. I mean mind you a 15/20 guy who hits for average is great but it's not all valuable and he's still on the Braves. I think he's gonna go 70/15/75/.300/25ish his first full year with HRs and SBs being the stats most likely to inflate and runs/RBIs likely to fall. That puts him at like just inside top 75 if it all pans out which it might not since he is just 20. There's a long history of guys who've murdered AA/AAA ball only to not light the world on fire when they get called up. Acuna could just as easily maintain his above .300 average as he could see it fall by a full half point like Buxton. Hell remember Dustin Ackley in minor league ball and how he dropped nearly a full point when Seattle called him up?

I dunno. Acuna looks great and I want him but I don't want to pay the price of a sixth round pick or earlier.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Reminds me of Mallex Smith

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If anyone else would like to join our silly draft and forget league here is the link to do so

If you like drafting but are worried you have too many teams it's perfect for you because after the draft your team is locked so you don't have to manage it at all!

It's a 12 team 6x6 Roto.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Mar 3, 2018

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

IcePhoenix posted:

If anyone else would like to join our silly draft and forget league here is the link to do so

If you like drafting but are worried you have too many teams it's perfect for you because after the draft your team is locked so you don't have to manage it at all!

It's a 12 team 6x6 Roto.

Joined as Rollie Fingerbangs.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
In a normal roto league, would you rather have Jose Abreu or Tommy Pham? I was offered Abreu. My CI Eduardo Nunez would slide in to OF to replace Pham. I have a bit of speed in Gordon, Nunez, and Cain, so I think my numbers would take a slight bump up. Only other 1B on my team are Justin Bour and Yuli Gurriel.

Also is this set and forget league a snake or auction draft? If it's an auction, Acuna and McMahon are being nominated in rounds 1 and 2

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

abreu, assuming no costs. abreu's a known, low-risk quantity. pham, who the gently caress knows. if there's no cost difference, i'll take the stable producer. and it seems it would help your team's balance, so even better

also, from watching pham, he seems like an above-average injury risk. he's kind of reckless iirc. in my old age, i've grown wary of taking those types in high-value slots

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Mar 4, 2018

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Moneyball posted:

In a normal roto league, would you rather have Jose Abreu or Tommy Pham? I was offered Abreu. My CI Eduardo Nunez would slide in to OF to replace Pham. I have a bit of speed in Gordon, Nunez, and Cain, so I think my numbers would take a slight bump up. Only other 1B on my team are Justin Bour and Yuli Gurriel.

Also is this set and forget league a snake or auction draft? If it's an auction, Acuna and McMahon are being nominated in rounds 1 and 2

It's set as a snake but if people would rather do auction I'm ok with that

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

IcePhoenix posted:

It's set as a snake but if people would rather do auction I'm ok with that

Auctions are the superior method, esp in keeper leagues.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kensei posted:

Auctions are the superior method, esp in keeper leagues.

This is very much not a keeper league but I'll keep that in mind.

Also if you're in the league you should post that, and if you're not you should join :)

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

5x5 keeper league, six keepers, I have to submit keepers by the 14th.

Thinking MadBum, Price, Contreras, Desmond, Blackmon, DeGrom?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
My draft went alright yesterday. But drat does OF get thin fast in a 12team 5OF league.

I accidentally drafted Billy Hamilton when I tossed him out and got crickets. Oops...but then Deshields went for like 2$ less and Gordon for 15$ more so ....alright?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Timby posted:

5x5 keeper league, six keepers, I have to submit keepers by the 14th.

Thinking MadBum, Price, Contreras, Desmond, Blackmon, DeGrom?

you posted your pitchers twice

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

IcePhoenix posted:

This is very much not a keeper league but I'll keep that in mind.

Also if you're in the league you should post that, and if you're not you should join :)

HGH and Centaur Paintings? I am in that. PM me if I missed something?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

IcePhoenix posted:

you posted your pitchers twice

gently caress

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
What do you guys think about Mazara this year? I just got offered Tommy Pham for Mazara. I like Pham, but Mazara is only $1 and Pham would cost me $7. My gut tells me to hold on to my $1 Mazara but I would appreciate some input. This league is H2H points if it matters.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Honestly I'd go abreu, Dozier, blackmon, Contreras, madbum, degrom.
While a bounce back for Desmond seems likely I'd just take abreu and I'd rather take Dozier and stay out of 2B fights than keep a third SP

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kensei posted:

HGH and Centaur Paintings? I am in that. PM me if I missed something?

Nope, the draft and forget league, which is currently sitting at 9 out of 12 teams!

IcePhoenix posted:

It's a 12 team 6x6 Roto.

Timby posted:

gently caress

Dozier, Blackmon, Madbum, DeGrom for sure. For the fifth I'd probably go Price or Contreras because I don't trust Segura and 1B's are fungible past the top five-ish

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Jingleheimer posted:

What do you guys think about Mazara this year? I just got offered Tommy Pham for Mazara. I like Pham, but Mazara is only $1 and Pham would cost me $7. My gut tells me to hold on to my $1 Mazara but I would appreciate some input. This league is H2H points if it matters.

How much will Pham affect your budgeting overall? That is real tempting.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Gave:

Miguel Cabrera
Corey Knebel

Got:

Freddie Freeman
Adam Eaton

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Gave:

Miguel Cabrera
Corey Knebel

Got:

Freddie Freeman
Adam Eaton

Like it.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

How much will Pham affect your budgeting overall? That is real tempting.

It shouldn't impact my budgeting all that much. Here's what I'm looking at keeper-wise:

Joey Votto - $28
Chris Taylor - $10
Francisco Lindor - $26
Javier Baez - $7
Nomar Mazara - $1
Yoan Moncada - $4
Keon Broxton - $4
Avisail Garcia - $10
Cody Bellinger - $10
Stephen Strasburg - $28
Jacob deGrom - $26

I have to keep between 5 and 9 players, I was planning on keeping all those guys except Baez, Broxton, and Garcia, which would leave me with $148 to draft with, or $142 if I traded Mazara for Pham. I think Mazara has the higher upside, but I feel like Pham will be a more consistent producer of points. I'm honestly 50/50 on making the trade, and I have to set my keepers today so any suggestion would be a big help.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Gave:

Miguel Cabrera
Corey Knebel

Got:

Freddie Freeman
Adam Eaton

Highway robbery

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Nope, the draft and forget league, which is currently sitting at 9 out of 12 teams!

Joined!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Doltos posted:

Highway robbery

Yeah that was a mash for me.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Jingleheimer posted:

Anyone have an opinion on this? I'm terrible at making judgement calls like this and I'm about to submit my keepers.

And does anyone have any good team names? I'm having trouble coming up with something creative this year.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Jingleheimer posted:

It shouldn't impact my budgeting all that much. Here's what I'm looking at keeper-wise:

Joey Votto - $28
Chris Taylor - $10
Francisco Lindor - $26
Javier Baez - $7
Nomar Mazara - $1
Yoan Moncada - $4
Keon Broxton - $4
Avisail Garcia - $10
Cody Bellinger - $10
Stephen Strasburg - $28
Jacob deGrom - $26

I have to keep between 5 and 9 players, I was planning on keeping all those guys except Baez, Broxton, and Garcia, which would leave me with $148 to draft with, or $142 if I traded Mazara for Pham. I think Mazara has the higher upside, but I feel like Pham will be a more consistent producer of points. I'm honestly 50/50 on making the trade, and I have to set my keepers today so any suggestion would be a big help.

I'd rather have Pham. I know in a keeper league you always want to have the guy before he breaks out, but Mazara has been very underwhelming.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jingleheimer posted:

And does anyone have any good team names? I'm having trouble coming up with something creative this year.

Hold Me Close Ohtani Dancer
Cuban Men's Gurriel-ing Team
Acuna Matata

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Hold Me Close Ohtani Dancer

I am very tempted to overpay for Ohtani in order to use this one.

• Locked thread