Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«843 »
Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Fallen Rib

Thanks for the info.

TorakFade posted:

3. steam as far as I know is a separate thing, a while ago they gave away free steam keys for those who had their Bethesda and Steam accounts linked, but I think unless you bought in that period you're out of luck? Someone else can probably give a better answer here

Yeah, I remember reading about that as well, but then I found a post somewhere (and then subsequently lost it, of course) pointing out that this only applied to people who hadn't already tied their Bethesda account to their Steam profile. If you hadn't done that but did it before the deadline, you got it on Steam as well. If your accounts were already linked, it made no difference.

I already "own" it on Steam since the free weekend, but when I start it up it just tells me the free weekend is over and I need to buy the game. My partner owns it on Steam and tried enabling Family Sharing, but it just gives me the same message. This made me fairly sure the game actually logs in your Bethesda account (even if you launch from Steam) to check if it's registered to your account. That's what made me think I could (hopefully) get away with buying a discounted Bethesda key instead of paying at least twice as much on Steam.

Not that big of a deal, though, if I can get proof it doesn't work I'll just wait until it goes on sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

I finally found plans for a Lever and emptied all my caps and now I am a happy vault dweller.

I stumbled across the dead body of another vault dweller and that's literally the first sign I've seen of anyone from Vault 76 other than the Overseer. You'd think they'd integrate that into the world more. At the very least let you find the remains of your vault neighbors and evidence of what horrible thing happened to them.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Agreed about adhesive rarity. I was always out of it in FO4 but Iíve got too much of it in 76.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Awright Awwwright
Lets See wrhut whre got
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
HIVE BWRING A SWROERD
AHAHAHAHAHAH

Just a few days of playing this so far has already damaged my brain enough that when I started playing Modern Warfare which has an almost identical looking lovely old Russian aviation blue desk fan I went "Ooo screws!" the first time I saw it.

i flunked out
Jun 21, 2009

Surfin PooSA

Shoutout to the people selling lasts years insanely rare fasnacht mask to absolute rubes for insanely high prices.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Without me, there is no mission.
I am the mission!

Adhesive isn't so bad once you plant yourself 2 tatos, 2 corn, 2 muitfruit, and have a water purifier going. (Or in my case, double that.) Every time I go back to my camp I gather those items, go to a cooking station, and make up some vegetable starch and get adhesive. It's the same as Fallout 4.

Screws are harder to come by, and used by basically any weapon or armor mod. Tag those for search and grab every single one you see, every time.

Andenno
May 1, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP-RwdLS1eI

Omg is so bad. Look at this guys this is how you play elder scrolls.

I agree, but TBF, is there any multiplayer game where playing "optimally" doesn't look dumb as hell?

For example, I loved Chivalry Medieval Warfare, but novice players were correct when they complained that the experienced players were all twirling around like idiots.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Andenno posted:

I agree, but TBF, is there any multiplayer game where playing "optimally" doesn't look dumb as hell?
For example, I loved Chivalry Medieval Warfare, but novice players were correct when they complained that the experienced players were all twirling around like idiots.
Or The Division which is supposed to be a tactical cover shooter but the best way to PVP was to run around in circles right out in the open and to "chicken dance" because the netcode couldn't track movement fast enough and made you invincible, making PVP combat look like a Benny Hill sketch

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Let me sing you a song.

Taco Defender

I think the worst part of it all that eso combat just looks like regular mmo combat.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Done two Fasnacht so far, no mask the first time, worst mask the second time (looks like a Hills have eyes type with huge yokel teeth)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

et tu hootay

bird with big dick posted:

Done two Fasnacht so far, no mask the first time, worst mask the second time (looks like a Hills have eyes type with huge yokel teeth)

I thought masks were guaranteed drops. Did you let robo buddies die?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

No. All five lived each time.

The first time I got a Fasnacht beret, I bet itís on the same loot table.

Got a Fasnacht sausage recipe the second time, uses rotten meat but I havenít been able to make it yet because I donít have any tick blood.

Also I didnít really start playing this game until 2 or 3 months ago and Fasnacht has made me realize I donít think Iíve ever seen a chicken or an opossum or a squirrel until now.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Let me sing you a song.

Taco Defender

Good thing you never have done the vox daily then.

Catpants McStabby
Jul 9, 2001

seriously, :wtc:

Comrade Koba posted:

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I remember reading about that as well, but then I found a post somewhere (and then subsequently lost it, of course) pointing out that this only applied to people who hadn't already tied their Bethesda account to their Steam profile. If you hadn't done that but did it before the deadline, you got it on Steam as well. If your accounts were already linked, it made no difference.

Not that big of a deal, though, if I can get proof it doesn't work I'll just wait until it goes on sale.

If you didn't buy it during the free weekend, you don't actually own it. This steam and 1st transfer were only for a limited time, before WL went live and yes you're correct it was for people who had linked their accounts. You're kind of SOL unless you can call and convince someone to do it for you. However, 1st doesn't transfer correctly, and if that ends up being something they'll do for you, they'll give you a year's worth of atoms up front, but no more throughout the year. Because BGS.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

First mask

Third time, second mask

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Tenzarin posted:

Good thing you never have done the vox daily then.

lol yeah I haven't, have had the syringer in my inventory for 2 months though.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

i flunked out posted:

Shoutout to the people selling lasts years insanely rare fasnacht mask to absolute rubes for insanely high prices.
Haha, which one is the rare one? Something tells me I do not have it if I do not know

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

et tu hootay

Dr. Quarex posted:

Haha, which one is the rare one? Something tells me I do not have it if I do not know

They should all be decently easy to get now. They adjusted the drop rates.

No. All five lived each time.

The first time I got a Fasnacht beret, I bet it’s on the same loot table.

Got a Fasnacht sausage recipe the second time, uses rotten meat but I haven’t been able to make it yet because I don’t have any tick blood.

Also I didn’t really start playing this game until 2 or 3 months ago and Fasnacht has made me realize I don’t think I’ve ever seen a chicken or an opossum or a squirrel until now.

I believe the beret is in that table.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I GOT THE SAME ONE AGAIN THIS GAME IS A loving SCAM

Here's the beret if anyone wasn't aware:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Does the giant sloth drop a legendary item, I haven't gotten a single one. And I'm pretty sure I shot that fucker at least once even though people apparently try like hell to one shot it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

et tu hootay

Does the giant sloth drop a legendary item, I haven't gotten a single one. And I'm pretty sure I shot that fucker at least once even though people apparently try like hell to one shot it.

Yes and assholes just gun it down.

I have gotten a different mask each time. I love the looks of these and wish you could mount them on your CAMP wall.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 02:30 on May 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Without me, there is no mission.
I am the mission!

I just found out about the sloth just too late. But by the time I got there it was walking in circles while already dead, like a dog getting ready to lay down. Other players were still shooting it too, so it wasn't just me apparently. I got close and it was a container as well. I later went up to the toxic valley and saw the same thing with a snarlygaster.

«843 »