Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Krispy Wafer posted:

You mean with the bone? Yes, I did that part.

OK yeah the secret room comes after a couple more steps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalessin ofSelidor
Jul 28, 2019

Workin gurl

ZombieCrew posted:

Should i max out my reputation with both Founders and Crater before picking a side? Can i increase rep with the other faction after i pick which one i do the vault with?

Yeah, the dailies will increase rep after the vault quest regardless of who you choose. So imo do all the quests for each up to where you have to pick a group so you have less dailies to do later.

I think one of the raider rep bugs still hasn’t been patched out (using the retirement plan daily), so easy way to max them.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

After I finish all the quests for an ally do they just disappear into the land of wind and spirits? Kinda sick of Beckett and I hope that his questline is almost over.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Untrustable posted:

After I finish all the quests for an ally do they just disappear into the land of wind and spirits? Kinda sick of Beckett and I hope that his questline is almost over.

No, they're just there until you destroy their camp item. They provide daily quests after their line is completed iirc.

Also deleting the item while in the middle of Beckett or Dag's questline can or has bugged further progression.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

ZombieCrew posted:

Should i max out my reputation with both Founders and Crater before picking a side? Can i increase rep with the other faction after i pick which one i do the vault with?

Definitely dont wait. You need to finish the main vault quest to collect T notes. The longer you put off the main quest, the more you screw yourself out of getting your daily gold allowance for items. If you cant get rep items from settlers/raiders, you can still be saving and spending for SS items.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I have 4200 bullion banked and I'm at basically paralysis of what to spend it on since it takes so loving long to accrue enough for anything.

I have the Gauss minigun and necessary upgrades, and settlers only at neighborly.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So how good is the game for me just wandering around on my own and taking in the sights of post-atomic war West Virginia?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Dawgstar posted:

So how good is the game for me just wandering around on my own and taking in the sights of post-atomic war West Virginia?

I like it. I try to not think about the systems and min-maxing and all that poo poo and its a pretty fun game for tooting around shooting zombies.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Dawgstar posted:

It's so much better than it was. It's frustrating how it could have been great from the start, but for some reason they thought everyone wanted to wander around a deserted landscape and only interact with some dumbass who left his speaker on and is yelling at his kids.

Kalessin ofSelidor
Jul 28, 2019

Workin gurl

Floppychop posted:

I have 4200 bullion banked and I'm at basically paralysis of what to spend it on since it takes so loving long to accrue enough for anything.

I have the Gauss minigun and necessary upgrades, and settlers only at neighborly.

Imo if you use power armor often (especially for the stabilized perk) get the t65 plans. If you spend most time out of power armor get the secret service armor first. Either way both are worth getting.

Dawgstar posted:

Really though you can do everything solo. A few of the public events can’t be soloed but generally people show up to them for the rewards. There are perks that are geared toward team play, and they are adding public team formation options in the next update, but nothing stops you from wandering around doing your thing.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Kalessin ofSelidor posted:

Imo if you use power armor often (especially for the stabilized perk) get the t65 plans. If you spend most time out of power armor get the secret service armor first. Either way both are worth getting.

I only ever get in power armor in nuke zones, so T65 is pretty low on the priority list for me. It also has to compete with the Nuka Cola T-51b looking cool as gently caress.

I might go for the secret service chest + jetpack just for the lulz

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
goddamn the legendary perks are the most milquetoast poo poo ever lol

https://nukesdragons.com/fallout76/perks/database

more info from the PTU

quote:

Legendary Perks System

Legendary Perks are new high-level Perk Cards that will help you add even more power and build diversity to your characters. You can access them via the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Menu, and we’d love your feedback on the layout, UI, and ease of use as you try out the system.
  • You will be able to unlock your first Legendary Perk slot at level 50, and new ones at certain level milestones after that: 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, and 300.
  • Your characters who are already high-level will immediately have access to one Legendary Perk Slot for each of the above leveling milestones they've reached.
  • For example, a level 250 character will have access to 5 Legendary Perk slots, with the ability to open a sixth slot at level 300.
  • There are 16 Legendary Perks in total, offering plenty of variety when further boosting your character’s abilities.
  • Each Legendary Perk has 4 Ranks, and you can use new “Perk Coins” to rank them up.
  • Earn Perk Coins by scrapping your unused normal Perk Cards.
In a future PTS update, we will supply your PTS account with a custom Level 250 character with 2000 Perk Coins, which you can use set up your build the way you want. In the meantime, please feel free to experiment with your characters that we've copied over from the base game.

Legendary Perk slots are account-wide, so create new characters, assign Perks to those available slots, and share your feedback on how the early game now feels for experienced players experimenting with new alts.

I mean if they are making these account wide, make any perk cards you've leveled account wide and make any plans earned account wide as well, because lol at making an alt and having to buy 50k worth of plans to play pretty house dressup or grinding 2+ months for new weapons and armor for them

also no lockpick/hacker combo? cmon guys, that one should be a loving gimme

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 16:38 on May 29, 2020

Kalessin ofSelidor
Jul 28, 2019

Workin gurl

Floppychop posted:

I only ever get in power armor in nuke zones, so T65 is pretty low on the priority list for me. It also has to compete with the Nuka Cola T-51b looking cool as gently caress.

Yeah, so far none of the paints work on t65, just skins. But yeah secret service armor is hella good statwise plus jetpack looks rad

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Floppychop posted:

They are very very fun

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

TheAgent posted:

goddamn the legendary perks are the most milquetoast poo poo ever lol
How expensive is it to upgrade legendary perk cards with the new 'Perk Points', and how do the benefits scale as they get upgraded? The 1-star cards I saw in a video all seem pretty underwhelming, and only a handful seem relevant for Level 100+ characters.

Edit: Nevermind, somebody already created a cool website to catalog everything: https://nukesdragons.com/fallout76/perks/database And yeah, Reddit's take on the legendary cards matches up with my first impression and yours.

Discospawn fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 29, 2020

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

i flunked out posted:

They are very very fun

Very fun as in dying to fall damage/lag as a bloodied build a lot of the time. No regrets here.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Between Nerd Rage, Dodgy, and Serendipity the amount of times I've actually died while in the jetpack is very minimal tbh.

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

Getting back into this game for the first time since January, and it's a bit of a strange feeling to go to all these points on the maps that I remember and seeing them built up with settlers, etc. I will take this opportunity to post pictures of my pretty dress up house!
Houses in the mist

I'm pretty pleased with the shape

Living room area

Spooky nighttime shot

The proud poppa

The location's nothing too special, but I love the view

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Kalessin ofSelidor posted:

Yeah, so far none of the paints work on t65, just skins.

Well, that and the nuka cola paint is only for the T-51b.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

My raider character got his first encounter with a (vengful) mothman, and he got the loving torn wing no problem. My wife is going to pass the wing from one character to another.

However, there's no way to protect this item right now that I can think of. It's a junk item, and it has ballistic fiber in it. So if I try to repair any armor without taking it out of my stash or inventory, it could get scrapped. I can't put it in a Vendor or display case thanks to this bug. I was hoping to keep it and sell it for like 1,000 caps, but I imagine I'm going to either scrap it accidentally when I repair something, or I drop it into a paper bag I can't find.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
new datamine of SCORE rewards (season rewards)

https://imgur.com/a/scBlqDD

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I just want one rare mask. Just one. I've got all the commons and uncommons.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Another Bill posted:

I like it. I try to not think about the systems and min-maxing and all that poo poo and its a pretty fun game for tooting around shooting zombies.

It's funny because reading this thread it sounds like everything I dislike about MMOs and very little Fallout. I guess that's just what people are choosing to post about rather than the engaging characters, stories, quest lines, and environments, like you see in the discussions about the other Fallout games.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

by posting this you've angered rngesus and you will not get a rare one for the whole event.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

infernal machines posted:

It's funny because reading this thread it sounds like everything I dislike about MMOs and very little Fallout. I guess that's just what people are choosing to post about rather than the engaging characters, stories, quest lines, and environments, like you see in the discussions about the other Fallout games.
there's some good world building in fo76 and wastelanders adds some pretty good story content, including some cool characters and interesting interactions

fo76 probably has the best map for discovery and "background" story of any fallout since 1

but the character progression systems and some designs are so loving poorly thought out and implemented and the bugs are numerous and game breaking and they keep raising atom shop prices by 15% every patch that its hard to discuss the cool stuff without the overwhelming amount of bad kinda drowning it out

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Looking around after doing the event I realized I've never been to the east kanawha lookout or the Sutton train station. I'm level 74 and have like 100 hours played and I think there's at least 20 POIs I still haven't been to but I was kind of surprised about these since they're kind of centrally located.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Keep farming, I just got the Deathclaw Mask and I don't think I'll ever wear anything else. :allears:

Also, leave the Sloth to the low levels, the legendary it drops is level 20 or so and since you get a guaranteed levelled legendary for finishing the event all that matters is protecting the bots. ;)

I'm now at a point were I drop anything that isn't a 3* because my stash is literally at 800. I hope they really bring back vending next week although I'm not holding my breath. :argh:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Looking around after doing the event I realized I've never been to the east kanawha lookout or the Sutton train station. I'm level 74 and have like 100 hours played and I think there's at least 20 POIs I still haven't been to but I was kind of surprised about these since they're kind of centrally located.

There is a bunch of stuff that is never really pointed out or given a reason to run through. South and North of helvitca are huge dead zones in the map.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

There is a bunch of stuff that is never really pointed out or given a reason to run through. South and North of helvitca are huge dead zones in the map.

Arktos is north, and I literally ran there yesterday with my raider character to finish up a quest for Rose (had to find a holotape of someone saying a word so she could splice together a doctored radio broadcast). And that's the place with that hard as balls repeating event (who's name I forget because whenever it comes up I just "nope" it).

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

IUG posted:

Arktos is north, and I literally ran there yesterday with my raider character to finish up a quest for Rose (had to find a holotape of someone saying a word so she could splice together a doctored radio broadcast). And that's the place with that hard as balls repeating event (who's name I forget because whenever it comes up I just "nope" it).

Project Paradise? That’s not hard, people just camp the death claw and ignore all the other enemies. It’s like Encryptid were 90% of the event players are bloodied builds who won’t take the pylons because they suck at the game and don’t know that even bloodies can tank.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

There's also a ton of places that I've only run through rapidly as a level ~15 trying not to die. There's a ton of the map I haven't explored hardly at all, pretty cool tbh.

Is a level 35 3 star bloodied shishkabob +1 end +50% limb damage worth hanging onto to sell? Or should I mostly only be watching for level 45-50 bloodied stuff? Level 50 Junkies auto grenade launcher +33% vats not worth anything I assume?

I only ask because it seems like the bloodied and junkie stuff has potential to be worthwhile. I want to keep the grenade launch for myself because its fun as hell to shoot grenades at things but it weighs so goddamn much.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sensenmann posted:

Project Paradise? That’s not hard, people just camp the death claw and ignore all the other enemies. It’s like Encryptid were 90% of the event players are bloodied builds who won’t take the pylons because they suck at the game and don’t know that even bloodies can tank.

Speaking of that, I'm ready for that final battle but I ran into it previously and there was a ton of people there and we still failed. Is it likely I can just start the mission and have enough people show up to complete it successfully?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

TheAgent posted:

new datamine of SCORE rewards (season rewards)

https://imgur.com/a/scBlqDD

I just want them to remove all the weapon specific damage cards so everyone can use whatever they want whenever they want. :colbert:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

TheAgent posted:

there's some good world building in fo76 and wastelanders adds some pretty good story content, including some cool characters and interesting interactions

fo76 probably has the best map for discovery and "background" story of any fallout since 1

I've been tempted to get it since it's out on Steam, but as much as I like farting around exploring the map, it sounds like the actual game play is tedious as hell, when it even works

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
the entire perk card system feels like it was lifted straight from the wasteland design notes circa 1988

its so obtuse and limited it should be scrapped entirely and re-imagined from the ground up

I know they were designing a pvp game first (and surprised when people didn't want to pvp) but goddamn guys, it sucks

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

I've been tempted to get it since it's out on Steam, but as much as I like farting around exploring the map, it sounds like the actual game play is tedious as hell, when it even works
farting around the map / going through the main quest is actually pretty enjoyable. servers are a lot more stable now, too. it'll probably run ya 50 to 60 hours to get through. more if you do some of the hidden questlines or want some of the rarer CAMP plans to play pretty homemaker

the real frustration kicks in after that. everything endgame related / character progression can be thrown off a loving cliff. if you do end up getting this on sale or whatever, stop after you do the main / side questlines and pretend the game doesn't exist until the next major content drop

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

TheAgent posted:

I know they were designing a pvp game first (and surprised when people didn't want to pvp) but goddamn guys, it sucks

This is one of the funniest things about fallout 76. Everyone just wants to explore, loot, and chill.

If you like bethesda's gameplay loop you would like fallout 76 at this point.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 00:07 on May 30, 2020

VRViperII
Mar 17, 2009

Back Hack posted:

I just want them to remove all the weapon specific damage cards so everyone can use whatever they want whenever they want. :colbert:

With 15 strength, bloodied and adrenal reaction mutation, all gauss weapons will one shot most enemies without perks. I also use a bloodied mole miner glove, no perks, all one shots.

I keeps heavy weapons specc’d for when something big needs to go down fast. I’m having a blast. I can finally use all weapon types on one character.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

They did a Free Weekend on Steam a couple weeks ago, you should probably wait for another one of those to get a taste for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
First perk card for all the weapon damage perks is also the most effective in terms of perk points. 10% for 1 perk point. It's easy to build those up for alot of weapons.