Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
lemme dupe some fuckin treasury notessssssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

If these are how they are gonna be I'm gonna move my stats around to be this when it releases and just max 5 stat points to 15 with legendary perks and also use the poison resist card.

They are really gonna need to nerf unyielding at that point because people running around with 33 in a bunch of stats is just gonna be stupid and basically everyone will have the same spec at that point.

I just started using a bloodied build and there are some drawbacks to it. I hate how you can’t enter nuke zones without PA and you die to the smallest cliff a bunch.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
People are just giving away legacies in servers

Andenno
May 1, 2009

MarshyMcFly posted:

I just started using a bloodied build and there are some drawbacks to it. I hate how you can’t enter nuke zones without PA and you die to the smallest cliff a bunch.

Get yourself two legendary armor pieces with fall damage reduction. It can be on any armor piece, not just legs. They stack to 100%.

Combine with the secret service jetpack and you can be one of those idiots pogo jumping around during public events, like me!

Though I'm still using a junkies combat shotgun because I haven't geared for bloodied.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

i flunked out posted:

People are just giving away legacies in servers

Hook me up.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

MarshyMcFly posted:

You get used to it.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
On the bright side of news for fallout 76, now legendary perk cards only take 1500 levels worth of perk cards to lvl up to max level. So In just an easy 9000 levels you can have all your picked legendary cards be max level.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I like how Fallout 76 post-wastelanders is a completely different game from what it originally was - Fallout 77, as it were, since it's a year later in-game now

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
It is a year later in the story as well, the first year was the vault dewellers of vault 76 defeating the scorchbeast queen which takes place during 2102. Which means were in the year 2103 right now in the game, with raiders and settlers returning. Nuclear winter takes place during 2108 where all of Appalachia is covered by hellfire from launching so many nukes.

These dates might be off but you get the idea.

And you have to know that vault 76 isnt even the start of the story. It starts with Thomas Eckhart, Secretary of Agriculture, president of the Appalachian detachment of the Enclave from 2083-2086, removing whitesprings ability to recieve orders from the enclave to name himself the true president of the united states so he can continue the fight against communism after the great war releasing super mutants and scorchbeasts to Appalachia to raise the need for him to have the defcon rating to fire nukes. This was before Modus decided that Eckhart was a danger to itself where Modus promptly killed all of the enclave members at whitesprings so it could continue to serve the enclave as it could see fit with its communication cut off from the pacific base.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jul 10, 2020

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'm gonna put the over /under on Thomas Eckhart sex scenes in the first TV season at 5.5

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Jumping on with PC Gamepass and after about a day and a half of suffering through error codes (I fixed it by having to copy and paste an .ini to a different drive folder every time I launch, as described here) I was finally able to play.

My bro has been playing since launch (hes something ridiculous like level 145) and gifted me a brotherhood recon rifle and a set of armor. He was one shotting everything around while I was hoarding pickups. It felt like FO3 and Fawkes all over again (in the best way).

I heard all the negativity surrounding the game before, but if you can get in for free and have someone give you gear and power level your dumb rear end, it's pretty fun!

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Ok who thought it was a good idea to make a build where your only protection from getting one shot by the queen is a perk that only works 45% of the time? Bloodied builds suck.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

MarshyMcFly posted:

Ok who thought it was a good idea to make a build where your only protection from getting one shot by the queen is a perk that only works 45% of the time? Bloodied builds suck.
Bloodied builds work fine against SBQ... just have to be smart. The divebomb DoT effect is what does the most damage and kills bloodied builds on the spot. Don't stand with the main group and you won't get hit with divebombs. :eng101:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I tank the queen in power armor and less than 20% hp lo. Just block all her attacks, they are super slow.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
I switched to bloddied comando and its pretty great until i get surprised by am up close enemy and my own explosive weapon kills me. Comes with the territory. Im not switchin back.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

My first playthrough was as a bloodied sniper, now I'm playing as a heavy machine gun Power Armor tank and having a lot more fun. I can sprint everywhere and not worry about stealth because I can blow away anything I see.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Fellow goon initialdave gave me a very nice compound bow and some fancy power armor! And now that I've figured out that manually aiming with bows sucks hard for various reasons and switched to vats, its become 200% less punishing to play. Still getting wrecked by people causing enemies to be overleveled to all hell compared to me in a few necessary locations, but I'm having fun! I did mange to finally kill a stack of charred ghouls to finish the quests I had at the whitespring and celebrated by building a fancy house right on their driving range!

The toxic waste camp was nice with the herd of radstag constantly respawning behind me, but the constantly spawning swarm of anglers was getting annoying. Also it was getting expensive hopping back there regularly to drop off loot and junk.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Varance posted:

Bloodied builds work fine against SBQ... just have to be smart. The divebomb DoT effect is what does the most damage and kills bloodied builds on the spot. Don't stand with the main group and you won't get hit with divebombs. :eng101:

The divebomb strafing isn’t what kills me it’s the swipe attacks. Oh and when I die I get sent back into the nuke zone where I die because I have no rad resistance and very little time to sprint to the fight.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

power armor and gatling laser is the most op build in the game. i'm basically invincible except for sustained hits from an assaultron's head laser, and you get 1000 rounds from every fusion core in your gun. also fusion cores are super fast to farm if you find a server where you can take all three power plant workshops, i'm currently running around with over 100 of them.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Namaer posted:

i'm basically invincible except for sustained hits from an assaultron's head laser

Carry around a kitted-out combat shotgun for robots and ghouls, since it shreds their limbs in one/two hits, and robots tend to go nuclear once their limbs are out, which saves a lot of time and ammo

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Namaer posted:

power armor and gatling laser is the most op build in the game. i'm basically invincible except for sustained hits from an assaultron's head laser, and you get 1000 rounds from every fusion core in your gun. also fusion cores are super fast to farm if you find a server where you can take all three power plant workshops, i'm currently running around with over 100 of them.

Do you have One Gun Army? Shoot for the legs, Assaultrons aren't scary when they're flailing around in the dirt.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

they rarely live long enough to actually hit me but if i'm doing a silo run and there's one across the room every once in a while they'll get a beam off and i have to actually be concerned about it but most of the time they die way before that. i am slowly building up shotgun and melee perks though so i have some options, i also maxed the unarmed perk and put hydraulics on my x-01 so i can just punch low level stuff to death which is incredibly satisfying.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Chamale posted:

My first playthrough was as a bloodied sniper, now I'm playing as a heavy machine gun Power Armor tank and having a lot more fun. I can sprint everywhere and not worry about stealth because I can blow away anything I see.

This is what I run. I only die from poison damage and mirelurk kings at this point.

I have a berserk pump with+33% vats that lets me play without power armor when I want to be naked.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
I'm just starting with Xbox Game Pass. I know there's no cross platform play, but can you use the account/character between Windows and Xbox?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Canuckistan posted:

I'm just starting with Xbox Game Pass. I know there's no cross platform play, but can you use the account/character between Windows and Xbox?

No. You were supposed to, but it doesn't seem to be implemented and they didn't bother to tell anyone.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

why is dauntless able to do a single account across any platform and no other game manages it?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Namaer posted:

why is dauntless able to do a single account across any platform and no other game manages it?

I cant wait to see if they port 76 to next gen and if they make everyone buy it again.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Canuckistan posted:

When it inevitably doesn't work because you installed it to your non OS drive, Windows actually has the ability in Control Panel > Apps to move the install to a different drive.

Which is actually a very cool feature but it only works for Windows Store apps, which Game Pass is indirectly.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

MarshyMcFly posted:

The divebomb strafing isn’t what kills me it’s the swipe attacks. Oh and when I die I get sent back into the nuke zone where I die because I have no rad resistance and very little time to sprint to the fight.

Are you bloody melee? Don't get close enough for the swipe unless there is someone tanking. Also, when you die and get sent into the nuke zone just spam radaway rapidly as needed to run out.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
Is it just that 80% of players who I'm on a team with don't have 3 charisma and can't share a perk card, or that people don't even know they can do this? Half the time I'm the only person sharing, and I think I've been in one group where everyone shared a card.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

I cant wait to see if they port 76 to next gen and if they make everyone buy it again.

Fallout 76 is the new Skyrim?

...It's already got dragons, undead, and dungeons, so...

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Would anyone be interested in making a 4-person team to play the game together from level 1, meeting up regularly like a D&D campaign? If we all have different primary weapon types, we could share all the cool legendaries with each other.

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

I added a 4th floor to my house

And a little backyard camping spot

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

Hook me up.

I’m on PS4 unfortunately

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

Chamale posted:

Would anyone be interested in making a 4-person team to play the game together from level 1, meeting up regularly like a D&D campaign? If we all have different primary weapon types, we could share all the cool legendaries with each other.

i would definitely be interested in this, on pc?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Oh cool they added this to PC Gamepass. Finally an excuse to try this without paying any extra money.

Oh cool they added a bug that renders the game totally unplayable if you installed on a different harddrive than the Windows one.

Oh cool the workaround has to be repeated every time the game launches

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Namaer posted:

i would definitely be interested in this, on pc?

Yeah, PC. I'm in Mountain Time, hopefully you're somewhere we can figure out a weekly time that works? I'll take it to PMs or Discord after seeing if anyone else here is down.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

ZombieCrew posted:

Are you bloody melee? Don't get close enough for the swipe unless there is someone tanking. Also, when you die and get sent into the nuke zone just spam radaway rapidly as needed to run out.

Well I was a heavy gunner/rifleman build but that changed and now I have a bloodied mole miner gauntlet with faster swing speed and +1 strength that I’ve been dying to use against the queen but I launched all my nukes for the week already :(

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

DebonaireD posted:

I added a 4th floor to my house

And a little backyard camping spot

Wow that looks amazing. It's incredible what people can do with mods in Fallout 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Any suggestions for a newbie on what to spend caps on? They appear to come slow enough that each purchase ( eg 240 caps for sturdy leather chest plans) is a huge chunk of cash.