Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How does crafting ultracite fusion cores work? Do I have to used fully-charged cores as the ingoing component? Do Ammosmith and Ammo Factory do anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

How does crafting ultracite fusion cores work? Do I have to used fully-charged cores as the ingoing component? Do Ammosmith and Ammo Factory do anything?

Ammosmith and ammo factory definitely counts when crafting cores. With both ammosmith 2 AND ammo factory 4, I get 3 normal fusion cores instead of one. Similar scaling is applied to crafting ultracite ammunition.

edit: turns out it was 4 normal cores instead of 3

Psychedelicatessen fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Feb 26, 2021

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Just got a copy of the Fallout: Wasteland Warfare roleplaying game expansion thing in the mail for the UK. It all smells like playdough which is nice. I'm gonna try to figure out what the gently caress this all is and how it all works, assuming it works.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Screws are the single most valuable thing in the post-apocalypse.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Jesus are they ever. Should have replaced caps or gold as the currency.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Next time you fight earl don't run to the exit and just stay in there killing and looting wendigos. You will get a poo poo ton of screws

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Populon posted:

Next time you fight earl don't run to the exit and just stay in there killing and looting wendigos. You will get a poo poo ton of screws

Isn't there a two-minute time limit?

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

The Lone Badger posted:

Isn't there a two-minute time limit?

Yeah but it'll just boot you out to the entrance. It's plenty of time for me to grab a hundred or so screws off of corpses before it does tho

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Once I have the eight code pieces, what do I interact with to actually start entering a code? MODUS talks about the 'flip charts' which I can't see any of, and the only frobbable object is a printer that just says "code not calculated yet".

(I followed the quest to find decryptions instructions in the food factory)

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

Once I have the eight code pieces, what do I interact with to actually start entering a code? MODUS talks about the 'flip charts' which I can't see any of, and the only frobbable object is a printer that just says "code not calculated yet".

(I followed the quest to find decryptions instructions in the food factory)

Well, if you want to skip the whole bullshit and skip to just running a silo and dropping a nuke, all you need is a Nuclear Keycard in your inventory and this website:

https://nukacrypt.com/

You don't need to hunt down the code pieces dropped by officers or bother with the boards in the WS bunker. However, make sure you enter the code for the silo you are in. Keep an extra keycard on you, just in case.

If you are seriously interested in the whole decryption process:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/9ygyy9/stepbystep_guide_to_decrypting_launch_codes/

I suggest you do this once. All of it, that is. Legit decryption process and a legit silo run. After that it's all up to you.

Sensenmann fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Feb 27, 2021

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

So I enter the code at the silo, not in the bunker?

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

So I enter the code at the silo, not in the bunker?

Correct. The only reason to ever actually be in the bunker is to do the Enclave questline and start the quest to find a Cargobot with a nuclear keycard.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Ive only legit cracked the code once. I really never wqnt to do so again. Thanks for that website.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Ive only legit cracked the code once. I really never wqnt to do so again. Thanks for that website.

The best thing about Nukacrypt is that Beth went from fighting them to actually supporting them because the whole decryption process is "fun" exactly once, after that it's complete bullshit. That way they can just keep it as is and not invest any time in changing how the codes are obtained.

Same for the Silos. It's too much work to fix all the glitches so they'll just never speak of them again instead. With PA and photomode you are done with the silo in 8 minutes or less.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

I just wait for other people to drop the nukes lol

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Populon posted:

I just wait for other people to drop the nukes lol

Yep. I use the chat mod on pc and people call out when they are nuking all the time. I give away nuke cards to the regular nukers.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Anyone else think it's kind if hosed how dropping nukes is just an annoying game mechanic in a game ostensibly about the horrors wrought by nuclear war?

"Wow! Cool raygun!" indeed, Todd.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Screaming Idiot posted:

Anyone else think it's kind if hosed how dropping nukes is just an annoying game mechanic in a game ostensibly about the horrors wrought by nuclear war?

If you listen carefully you can hear Avellone shouting obscenities at his computer screen

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

He can scream all he wants these days.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Vinylshadow posted:

If you listen carefully you can hear Avellone shouting obscenities at his computer screen

Mostly racial slurs and misogyny, gently caress that chud.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The worst part about nuke silos is that even if your doing them legit, they can still bug and refuse to finish which then wastes an unknown amount of your time depending on how legitly you did it.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I'm a nuke solipsist. Only my nuke that I launched on the fissure site was real. Everything else is just some weird radiation storm.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Everybody launching nukes all the time for years explains why we haven't heard from post-rebuild WV in the other games. The entire state will be a smouldering, radioactive crater by 2110

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'm not sure why the Sec.Ag was was eo obsessed with launching these nukes at china when they're not even powerful enough to knock over a tin shed.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Screaming Idiot posted:

Even the people who had no complaints whatsoever about Fallout 3 and 4 found that weird.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Everybody launching nukes all the time for years explains why we haven't heard from post-rebuild WV in the other games. The entire state will be a smouldering, radioactive crater by 2110

I want to see another bethesda fallout set in the fo4 time period that features the descendants of vault 76 and whatever society that they have formed. Like how the ncr and khans both came from vault 15 but the guys from west virginia are gonna be descended from mutant supermen who got all hopped up on enclave serums

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Populon posted:

I want to see another bethesda fallout set in the fo4 time period that features the descendants of vault 76 and whatever society that they have formed. Like how the ncr and khans both came from vault 15 but the guys from west virginia are gonna be descended from mutant supermen who got all hopped up on enclave serums

I'm assuming the serums cause sterility, hypercancer and death within ten years. The scientists weren't exactly concerned about their subjects' wellbeing.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
After killing a Scorchbeast I will demand to be referred as the Nukahkiin.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Sensenmann posted:

With PA and photomode you are done with the silo in 8 minutes or less.

How does photomode factor into it?

...asking for a friend.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Dalris Othaine posted:

How does photomode factor into it?

...asking for a friend.

You can use photomode to bypass any locked door in this game.

The first door comes right after the laser grid in the room with the two Gutsies. Crouch, face the corner of the door, open the map, enter Photomode and move towards the corner of the door. Keep moving forward and exit photomode. If done right, you'll glitch right through the door.
The next door is on the other side of the room you just glitched into. Be careful, there are a couple of bots in there. Fight them, or don't. Repeat the glitch on the huge rear end door, run up the stairs behind the next door and you are in the launch control room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEr8mlxUR4s

The important bit starts at around the 5:50 mark.

Going out of bounds is also an option but photomode is easier and doesn't take that much longer anyways.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I used to do so many runs by putting down my power armor on the boxes at the entrance and clipping up and then jumping into the nuke room, and they kinda fixed this bug. The photomode can be so much faster than that old exploit because how easy it is to pull it off each time.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

I used to do so many runs by putting down my power armor on the boxes at the entrance and clipping up and then jumping into the nuke room, and they kinda fixed this bug. The photomode can be so much faster than that old exploit because how easy it is to pull it off each time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv-5ACjht04

Works all the time. Downside is that you might get stuck in your PA, unable to exit it again. Jumping servers fixes it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'm wearing the stealth suit as my out-of-PA armour because it's light, has excellent radresist and does something my PA doesn't already do better (stealth). I'm annoyed that this means I can't dress up.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I ended up buying the Silver Shroud costume with like 15 seconds to spare after not playing for letting like a week.

Grinding out challenges for Score points just really made it bland, and the Wastelanders storyline keeps bugging out on me. I got as far as Vault-Tec University but the quest keeps breaking inside the building.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The Lone Badger posted:

I'm wearing the stealth suit as my out-of-PA armour because it's light, has excellent radresist and does something my PA doesn't already do better (stealth). I'm annoyed that this means I can't dress up.

It's the best PA underlayer but man do I feel dorky wearing it.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Twincityhacker posted:

I got as far as Vault-Tec University but the quest keeps breaking inside the building.

If you get the "Removed from instance" message when trying to enter VTU, leave your team, maybe server hop and try again. I don't know why VTU doesn't play well with being in a team, but it's the only way I can enter it to complete the ''Heart of the enemy" quest.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Psychedelicatessen posted:

If you get the "Removed from instance" message when trying to enter VTU, leave your team, maybe server hop and try again. I don't know why VTU doesn't play well with being in a team, but it's the only way I can enter it to complete the ''Heart of the enemy" quest.

Bethesda broke it with the last update. No idea how they managed that but, well, it's Bethesda.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
I recently got my hands on a B2515 Flamer and that thing shreds absolutely everything. It's especially great in the DOs because of the contextual ammo system. I usually get out of one of those with 800 more 'rounds' of fuel than I had before I went in. It owns.

Only downside is that you have to mod the barrel everytime you relog or server hop because there is a bug that resets its range to 0.

The day they'll have fixed all the bugs is the day I stop playing because, surely, this will be the end of days.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sensenmann posted:

I recently got my hands on a B2515 Flamer

How does this nomenclature system work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

How does this nomenclature system work?

Yeah, sorry, I keep forgetting that this is not necessarily something everyone knows. :)

B = Bloodied
25 = 25% Faster Fire Rate
15 = 15% Faster Reload