Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illuminatus
Mar 25, 2008

FNORD

Discospawn posted:

Is there a way to export the photos from in-game? Seems like they spent a lot of effort on the Photo capability but it doesn't seem easy to show them off to anybody else.

On PC they are saved in C:\Users\<NAME>\Documents\My Games\Fallout 76\Photos\<string of numbers and letters>. Or did I misunderstand the question / you are on a console?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Discospawn posted:

The 3/10 is a user review, not the game reviewer that counts as their 1 review

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/fallout-76/critic-reviews

There's quite clearly a 3/10 critic review there. The unscored ones aren't exactly glowing with praise either.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Tei posted:

I hate it too. Many perks say "when not in power armour", so maybe stacking these you become powerful?

Perhaps powerarmour is something you use to walk trough a deadly place but not all the time, like the hazmat.

my theories (pulled from my rear end

Ironclad under endurance gives 50 damage and energy resistance. Evasive under agility gives 3 damage and energy resistance per point in agility(45 total for 15 agility). These together gives you resistances close to power armor.

You can mimic the gas protection of the power armor helmet with a lot of things. It’s odd you just can’t always use power armor helmets because the frame doesn’t support it.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Bardeh posted:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/fallout-76/critic-reviews

There's quite clearly a 3/10 critic review there. The unscored ones aren't exactly glowing with praise either.

Ah, I was looking at the PC aggregate (https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/fallout-76), which happens to have a 3.1 User Score but a middling 71/100 from the only mainstream reviewer. Honestly though, even if the MetaScore ends up being around 7/10, that's still really damning for a AAA game in the Fallout universe.

Illuminatus posted:

On PC they are saved in C:\Users\<NAME>\Documents\My Games\Fallout 76\Photos\<string of numbers and letters>. Or did I misunderstand the question / you are on a console?

Cool, thanks. This game is REALLY bad about explaining things and giving your information that would make you enjoy that game more.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Couple of screens:

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
drat fine cherry pie in Uncanny Caverns.

My new hobby is making ominous buildings in the middle of nowhere to weird out the rando players that stumble on them.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

socialsecurity posted:

Spent a hour taking over a workshop and decking it out to farm oil and copper. Crashed 5 minutes later seems even if you reconnect right away all your stuff is still gone. This is the only person game I've ever had crash and it happens daily.

If only there was something to warn us beforehand...

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Discospawn posted:

When you drop anything in this game, it just shows a little paper bag on the ground. Does this mean there's no way for me to decorate my house with all these skulls & bones I've been hoarding for the past 20 hours?

Sadly no. It's a shame because there are shelves in the game that seem like they're made for you to put collectable decor up on display. Such as bobble-heads or perhaps even a display showing off the player's perk card collection.

It should be pretty simple - just create a 'junk/inventory' tab in the CAMP menu and let people place items (which are just decor, can't be looted) anywhere in their CAMP territory. This would also mean you'd want to be picky about scrapping your loot if you were trying to get certain decor to show off. (If you're after a particular item you should be able to set it to not be subject to 'scrap all junk' as well.)

Also - as they address the stingy stash size, I also hope to see better CAMP options when it comes to displaying your gear collection. I'd like to see apparel & armor displayed on mannequins, people with a hot-rod-like collections of Power Armor on display, favorite weapons mounted on walls or in display cases, etc. I think you should be able to display stuff that's in your stash at your CAMP. So it literally would just pull items from your stash when you put them on display with a display object. (And when you remove them from your stash it removes them from the display object.)

socialsecurity posted:

Spent a hour taking over a workshop and decking it out to farm oil and copper. Crashed 5 minutes later seems even if you reconnect right away all your stuff is still gone. This is the only person game I've ever had crash and it happens daily.

One of the harsh realities of this janky rear end broken-as-hell game is you kind of have to learn the hard way to roll with or take precautions against the awful poo poo that can gently caress up your fun. For example, what happened to you would be prevented against by not taking over capturable areas unless you're in a team. That way, the game will automatically pass ownership to a buddy if you crash or disconnect.

This game at times feels like it's actively trying to thwart any attempt at fun and reward - and there's an almost autodesk-product-like learning curve itself to getting around the janky crashy broken bullshit to have a good time. There's nothing positive about that as it's completely bethesda's fault that things are in this state. But people who want to have a better time can learn how to tread around this game's shoddy hazards.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Nov 17, 2018

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

woah, this item looks really good, I read like... 50% probability to automatically revive?

https://twitter.com/Teiman/status/1063789617286139904

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I'm still early in the game but I'm wondering how do you get more armor crafting options beyond boiled leather? I don't seem to be picking up recipes from dismantling the way I do with weapons, but I do find a lot more weapons so that may be part of it.

socialsecurity posted:

Taking over a workshop is just inviting the game to crash or boot you to the title. The only crashes I've seen since the beta have been when I had workshops in my name, one just 60 seconds after I had spent the caps on the drat thing.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
This is to the Fallout series like Metal Gear Survive was to the Metal Gear series was. Full. Stop.

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
Still no reviews yet... Why is everyone procrastinating on the hot turd rating this heap thoroughly deserves

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
They are all desperately digging for a reason to not give this game 6/10

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Dog Friday posted:

Still no reviews yet... Why is everyone procrastinating on the hot turd rating this heap thoroughly deserves
Beth not sending out review copies is one reason.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Reviewers got the game the same day we did and it's not a game that's easy for them to fly through to push out a review. There are several reviews in progress out there.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
edit: nevermind

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Fallout 76 (seconds is how long it takes for you to realise game is bad (game is bad) )

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I can say with 100% certainty that it's better than Fallout 3.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
So you mean all the flaws everyone predicted the second they heard about the games premise are real and an actual problem

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

They made this as the spinoff game instead of letting Obsidian make another classic.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
They made this as a testbed for their next upcoming title

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Tei posted:

woah, this item looks really good, I read like... 50% probability to automatically revive?

This and the perk that uses a stimpack count against your total stims and arent made out of thin air right? Because if they are the latter they might be alright

Game is fun everyone sorry you arent having fun trolling not playing:/

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

So all my weapons changed their legendary buff suddenly the worst loss was my Gatling gun that went from "do more damage each time you hit them" to "50% limb damage"

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice
They made this because Dishonored 2, Prey, and Wolfenstein 2 weren't Fortnite level cultural phenomenons. This is the Fallout equivalent of that TES card game and ESO. It's not a terrible game or idea, but it's clearly been pushed out the door in pursuit of some trend in the hopes of being the next big thing.

Zenimax wants to make cheap and profitable games, not expensive and profitable games. 76 is the result. A ton of reused assets, barebone multiplayer features, and a need to reference everything identifiable in the modern Fallout series.

Oppression
Jan 16, 2004
Pillbug

Tei posted:

I found something similar and it seems pretty handy if you are playing solo. You get a critical injury animation notice and then you're just back up again. Didn't notice if there was a audio cue or what but it caught me off guard the one time I've activated it. This issue would have been mitigated if I remembered what my equipment did but hey.

Found a bug that I haven't seen other people complain about so far where placing your camp doesn't place your camp but you still spend the caps. OH and the cap cost goes up exponentially for some reason. Went through about 250 caps before I figured out what was going on.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I can say with 100% certainty that it's better than Fallout 3.

lol, no it's not. FO3 had its issues but it's leagues above whatever this is.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
What level did everyone max out their inventory and stash with junk? Is level 7 stop picking poo poo up already too early? What do I do with all this good stuff now?!?! :byobear:

Is loot instanced, both stuff laying around not in containers and stuff in containers?

The little loading screen on containers is kind of screwing up my loot flow, cmon mailbox don't make me stop movin :moonrio:

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice
Yeah around level 6 or 7 is when I had to ignore junk and start dropping excess wood and steel.

Iirc, only stuff in containers is instanced.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dog Friday posted:

No one's playing it.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
There is a YTer called Oxhorn who is playing this for hours every night.
He is a Fallout streamer, and is more into the lore than 'wacky' gameplay to get clicks.
He makes the game watchable, I would recommend if you dont want to play it to at least watch him to see it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Pinely posted:

Yeah around level 6 or 7 is when I had to ignore junk and start dropping excess wood and steel.

Iirc, only stuff in containers is instanced.

Also loot from leader mobs (crown by their name)

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

So I foolishly bought this game but have only played it for a couple of hours. A question for folks who have played longer, does it ever get even remotely difficult? The biggest, most intense fights I've been involved with were... just bad.

At level 2 I aggroed about 15 feral ghouls (which would have wrecked me in Fallout 4), and was able to kill them all by standing absolutely still and spamming LMB with my fire axe. I didn't lose more than 10% of my health because they were awful at landing hits. Another fight was with some big, lumbering flesh-beast boss that knocked off 3/4 of my health with one swing, but I was able to use the old Gamebryo trick of jumping back and forth over a piece of geometry to kite the thing while I needled it to death with my lovely pistol. The most egregious example was when I was able to completely wipe out a 10-strong crew of super mutants whose AI was so terrible that I was able to calmly walk up to each and shoot them in the head at point blank range while they tried and failed to deal any real damage.

The game feels like it has an okay foundation mechanically speaking, but those mechanics were applied in an incredibly stupid way.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

kedo posted:

does it ever get even remotely difficult?

Nope, next question.

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004

kedo posted:

So I foolishly bought this game but have only played it for a couple of hours. A question for folks who have played longer, does it ever get even remotely difficult? The biggest, most intense fights I've been involved with were... just bad.

At level 2 I aggroed about 15 feral ghouls (which would have wrecked me in Fallout 4), and was able to kill them all by standing absolutely still and spamming LMB with my fire axe. I didn't lose more than 10% of my health because they were awful at landing hits. Another fight was with some big, lumbering flesh-beast boss that knocked off 3/4 of my health with one swing, but I was able to use the old Gamebryo trick of jumping back and forth over a piece of geometry to kite the thing while I needled it to death with my lovely pistol. The most egregious example was when I was able to completely wipe out a 10-strong crew of super mutants whose AI was so terrible that I was able to calmly walk up to each and shoot them in the head at point blank range while they tried and failed to deal any real damage.

The game feels like it has an okay foundation mechanically speaking, but those mechanics were applied in an incredibly stupid way.

There's no punishment for dying. This game isn't difficult beyond the bugs.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
People died in fallout 4 to things that weren't explosives

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

After having played a ton and having fun this game is a solid 6/10 for me. Game design decisions that force a broken loot treadmill, being a buggy mess, and content obviously not completed, cut, or removed to be "dlc" really make it hard to recommend this game to anyone.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Welp.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Surprising absolutely nobody, Fallout 76 turned out to be a poo poo game.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

I miss Cyberpunkey Monkey's posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
How man days until the few people who bought this realize it's a bit off? A week? I read a review from someone who started playing in the Xbox beta (arguably the most experience with the game) that stated "it was easier for me to acknowledge that I'm an alcoholic than it was to admit to myself I do not enjoy the new fallout game"