Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The case is apparently available now, what comes out in May is a matching motherboard cover thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

rickiep00h posted:

I have to wonder how the eye-straining blue-and-yellow would look in a room full of grimdark Mass Effect and Dragon Age and Elder Scrolls poo poo. Especially because you know that poo poo it gonna be sitting on someone's desk, proudly displayed as a monument to wasted money.

It was pretty funny learning recently that Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky chose those colors simply because they were the leftovers in their available palette.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Donovan Trip posted:

It was pretty funny learning recently that Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky chose those colors simply because they were the leftovers in their available palette.

That’s a nice tidbit. Where’d you hear that?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

bird with big dick posted:

The case is apparently available now, what comes out in May is a matching motherboard cover thing.

Not that I would buy it, but how much is it?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Catalyst-proof posted:

That’s a nice tidbit. Where’d you hear that?

They did a livestream of the original Fallout around the time Outer Worlds promotion started and mentioned it. One of them had apparently said to the other something like "either use these colours or I'm removing them"

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

hostess with the Moltres posted:

It turns out you can't use your saves for the fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt. Is it worth playing using the mod or should I just go vanilla?

It is not really necessary. It tries to be a fallout 1 version of Killaps restoration but there isn't much content to restore and it adds some weird quirks. It's fun if you want to start with a flame thrower or laser pistol by tagging the appropriate skills.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Furia posted:

Not that I would buy it, but how much is it?

$165 and the motherboard cover/plate thing is $50.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I ordered it because I am literally a moron.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bird with big dick posted:

I ordered it because I am literally a moron.

Send me a venmo/PayPal for $250 and I'll make you feel even stupider.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Send me 249.99 to feel stupider, but practically insignificantly less stupid than sending it to siljmonster

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Buy me Fallout 76 so I can suffer for you

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I’ll even throw in a lovely drawstring bag and a $10 bottle of rum rebottled in plastic if you PayPal me $250

I can brand it however you like

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Donovan Trip posted:

Send me 249.99 to feel stupider, but practically insignificantly less stupid than sending it to siljmonster

This is not the way to talk to a fallout76 fan. Let me assist

You loving goat humping, servile, subhuman slime given birth by the excrement of a syphlitic salander. You WILL give me 500$ right the gently caress now. Don’t want to? Another 500! But what do you get? A cup of shut the gently caress up and another cheque for 500$. I might send you a pen drawing of my dick or I might not. It’s late in the day and I’ve got bitchboy money to count. You will be thankful with whatever I send you. Copy my drawing or print these words and I’ll have you banned. If you are really good I will start charging you per month but I better not see a hard on you pathetic excuse for a gamer. Now send me another 500.

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.
findom todd howard

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I never took Howard for a dom

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Haha but now you're thinking about him loving

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Donovan Trip posted:

Haha but now you're thinking about him loving

what do you mean "now"

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

$165 for that case doesn't seem like a terrible deal, especially compared to the rum or the leather (pleather?) jacket, though obviously a vanilla computer case at that price will be much nice than what NXZT makes. I suppose the extra bits could still melt or crumble to dust when exposed to air

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
With the way the rest of the merchandising has gone so far, I wouldn't be surprised if the pipboy and vault-tec logos are just big cheap stickers that will already have corners curling up when people receive them.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Why isn't FO76 FTP yet, come on Todd

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I’d buy it for $10 on ps4.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Went past the games case at Kroger today, there are five times more copies of fallout 76 in there then any other game. Still 59.99. I had a little lol to myself.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

LingcodKilla posted:

I’d buy it for $10 on ps4.

I think Operation Anchorage DLC for FO3 is still ten bucks on PSN

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Dr.Smasher posted:

I think Operation Anchorage DLC for FO3 is still ten bucks on PSN

All the DLC is full price on PS3. I think it may have gone on sale three times over the years.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Arcsquad12 posted:

It was 2010 and Felicia Day was hot poo poo in the nerd community at the time.

Just be thankful that Veronica had a good companion quest when she wasn't being twee as gently caress. Also be thankful you weren't playing Dragon Age 2 where she was literally just fantasy Felicia Day with the creepiest elves ever put in a video game. Imagine doing a photo transfer of Day's face and then stretching it over inhuman bone structure. It's terrifying.

Also Kotor 2 doesn't have a manic pixie dream girl. It has an rear end in a top hat bounty hunter, a blind rear end in a top hat with a death wish, an rear end in a top hat Kung Fu master with an inferiority complex thanks to her bitchy sisters, and another Blind rear end in a top hat who is sick of all these star wars.

Don't forget about the robot that was given such an impossible task he turned into a criminal overlord just to save his creator's failing government, an alien engineer that saw the horrors of war with you, a deconstruction of a mandalorian encapsulated in one broken old soldier, a plucky pilot that gives off the han solo vibe, but is actually a spiteful former assassin that hunted your kind because he hates your power.

The guys in kotor 2 are just as interesting and compelling because in the end, man or woman, all we need is some good rear end writing with interesting characters.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Apr 23, 2019

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Bao dur is a lameo

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Rinkles posted:

Bao dur is a lameo

That's Punished Bao Dur to you, bucko

admittedly, he is the one i picked the least, but still

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Evil wookie is also the worst punishment in the game for going Dark Side

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism
You're all forgetting that if you play a lady, instead of a cool kung-fu rear end in a top hat chick, you get the huge letdown of some boring dipshit douche who I never took anywhere and don't know what his deal is but I bet he sucks.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They added some few brisk stuff to the game. There's a new boss assaultron that is forever invisible unless 3 people touch an item to take more damage. The boss can be seen and hit until those people are killed. It drops a random legendary and a cosmetic hat. You know what the game needed, a boss smaller than a scorchbeast that could also one shot you

The new "dungeon" is the basically the size of any "dungeon" in the game but it can be nuked to be the new whitesprings.

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.
hell, same

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Also repair kits coming today. Afaik, they didn't respond to any of the (copious) feedback.

ashrum3
Feb 16, 2019
i love every fall out except fall out 76 that game was a dumpster fire

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Also repair kits coming today. Afaik, they didn't respond to any of the (copious) feedback.

Their response is literally "We listened to you, we appreciate the feedback, but were gonna completely ignore the feedback"

Bethesda posted:

First, thank you to everyone in the Fallout 76 community who took the time to share their feedback and concerns about adding a utility item like Repair Kits to the Atomic Shop. Over the past couple weeks, we’ve examined all the feedback and today we want to share our thinking when it comes to these types of items and how they relate to the Atomic Shop. When we originally announced the Atomic Shop last year, we said that it will not provide anything that offers a competitive advantage. We remain committed to that statement and take it into account when we evaluate every new item that we bring to the Shop, both now and in the future.

While Repair Kits do offer a way to fix an item in the field, we feel you will find that they are a convenient option you can utilize during your adventures. If we find that Repair Kits do offer any sort of competitive advantage once they are available, we will make any changes necessary to ensure that advantage is removed.

Aside from purchasing Atoms, you can also unlock Basic Repair Kits using Atoms you’ve earned from Challenges. Additionally, the more powerful Improved Repair Kits will not be available in the Shop and can be earned by completing in-game content, like killing the Scorchbeast Queen.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

"While Repair Kits do offer a way to fix an item in the field, we feel you will find that they are a convenient option you can utilize during your adventures."

That's the entire loving point, you knobs.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Remember this is the same company that stated that "curated 3rd party content" is not the same thing as "paid mods." Even though mods you'd previously gotten for free were now costing money. The only thing Bethesda is committed to these days is making sure you, the player, don't feel it too much when they bend you over a barrel.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

we said "make it free to play" but they heard "make it pay to win"

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Rinkles posted:

Tell you the truth I don't see any benefit from having repair kits. I don't see any gameplay edge over other players or anything. And I kinda think that the more people complaining about it is just reminding people fo76 exists where if no one said anything it would slowly die out.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 23, 2019

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I mean, as long as you know what your weapons need to be kept in the best condition, constantly going out and gathering supplies, then there's no real need to buy repair kits

They just save you a few hours of scavenging, and in PVP, fights usually don't last long enough for weapon degradation to come into play, making their addition pointless

Plus, if you're someone who actually does the daily challenges for free Atoms, then...congrats, you can buy them, so why complain about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

They are a paid way of circumventing a tedious but integral game system. I don't care about any hypothetical competitive advantage, it's about setting up lovely incentives for players, and about what Bethesda promised before the release (in some statements they were weasly in their wording, but in others it was clear the ATOM shop was supposed to be cosmetic only).

I literally wouldn't have bought the game if I knew they were going to patch this in. Shame on me twice.